Whatbru3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face I'm fat and Weak as ****

So pretty much I'm kinda fat, 6'5 233lbs, I just started lifting 3 months ago, but I'm not sure whether I should cut first or bulk. I struggle to bench 135 and I find that really sad and pathetic haha, also I have these annoying ****ing man tits, not sure what to do here guys, any suggestions, does it even matter what I do first, all I know is, I make a change now.

Note: I'm not like morbidly obese, or obese in general, but I have little bits of fat atleast everywhere in my body and am not very defined, so to sum it up, I'm just overweight lol
    Last edited by Whatbru3; 01-20-2015 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Note:

cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Whatbru3 View Post
    So pretty much I'm kinda fat, 6'5 233lbs, I just started lifting 3 months ago, but I'm not sure whether I should cut first or bulk. I struggle to bench 135 and I find that really sad and pathetic haha, also I have these annoying ****ing man tits, not sure what to do here guys, any suggestions, does it even matter what I do first, all I know is, I make a change now.

Note: I'm not like morbidly obese, or obese in general, but I have little bits of fat atleast everywhere in my body and am not very defined, so to sum it up, I'm just overweight lol
    Can you give an approximation of your body fat percentage?
    "Strong men don't put others down, they lift them up."
    - Michael P. Watson

R.I.P. Greg Plitt (1977-2015)

Whatbru3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm gussing 25-30% bf

cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cire96 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Whatbru3 View Post
    I'm gussing 25-30% bf
    Since, you are new to lifting, I recommend following an upper body/lower body split. Which means you train upper body one day, followed by lower body the next day.

Perform these exercises on their respective days, and adjust difficulty for your current strength levels. Try choosing the highest possible weight/difficulty (includes rowing machine, and treadmill).

UPPER BODY: Mon, Wed, Fri

Rowing Machine - 30 mins (adjust speed/incline for your fitness level)
    Bench Press - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Cable Curl - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Triceps Pulldown - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Shoulder Shrugs - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Lateral Pulldown - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Deadlift - 4 sets, 12 reps

LOWER BODY: Tue, Thur, Sat

Treadmill - 30 mins Running
    Leg Extension - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Weighted Lunges - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Leg Press - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Lying Leg Curl - 4 sets, 12 reps
    Calf Raises - 4 sets, 12 reps

REST DAY: Sun

When the exercises mentioned above become too easy, increase the weight, keep the number of sets/reps the same. Eat a high calorie diet, rich in lean protein sources (chicken breast, egg white, fish etc.), good carbohydrates (fruits/vegetables, wholegrain bread, sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal), and healthy fats (full-fat milk, olive oil, nuts etc.). You need to eat these foods in large quantities to bulk. Aim to drink at least 3 liters of water. You can only drink water, and full-fat milk. Avoid junk-food, and sugary drinks. Do not worry about getting fat yet, focus on trying to pack on as much muscle as possible using the routine and types of foods I told you. Once again, if you're not gaining any weight, you need to eat more of these clean foods. Private message me on your progress, and I wish you all the best, friend.
    Last edited by cire96; 01-21-2015 at 02:01 AM.
    "Strong men don't put others down, they lift them up."
    - Michael P. Watson

R.I.P. Greg Plitt (1977-2015)

gobble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cut.

If you bulk, you are only going to increase your body fat.

If you are new, it's fairly easy to gain muscle and lose fat on a bit of a deficit. Also, lowering your bf% will have other positive effects on your system.

You will produce more testosterone as you start to get down to around 15% bf, also things like insulin sensitivity will increase as you get less fat. Both are good things and will help you train better.

Also, it will be a far better motivator to look in the mirror and see your body changing, getting skinnier, etc. If you build muscle and you are still fat, you don't get to enjoy the visual, as it's all encased in a layer of flab. Also in my experience, girls like a skinnier guy with some muscle over a fat guy with more muscle.

I was in a similar position to you at one point. I was tossing up whether to bulk or cut. I cut over 6 months, lost 20kg (44lb), I don't regret the decision.