sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10) sajor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would I benefit in some way by joining a GYM

I been lifting for 3yrs now, all from my home, I workout 3x a wk following All Pros begginers workout, this programs concentrates in all compound lifting (squat/bench press/rows/over head press/dead lifts and curls) at home i have olympic plates, long bar and curl bar along a weight bench that i also use to do squat.

Other than amenities and a buddy to spot me once in while, am i missing anything, a lot of people join a gym for motivation, im lucky i dont have that issue, i been lifting alone at home since i started and haven't lost motivation one inch.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sajor View Post
    I been lifting for 3yrs now, all from my home, I workout 3x a wk following All Pros begginers workout, this programs concentrates in all compound lifting (squat/bench press/rows/over head press/dead lifts and curls) at home i have olympic plates, long bar and curl bar along a weight bench that i also use to do squat.

Other than amenities and a buddy to spot me once in while, am i missing anything, a lot of people join a gym for motivation, im lucky i dont have that issue, i been lifting alone at home since i started and haven't lost motivation one inch.
    Sounds like you're okay without it.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of people do very well working out at home, I am not one of them. I trained at home for several years, but it wasn't until I joined a gym that I really started making gains.

But things were different back then, I was home alone didn't really know what I was doing, relying on mags and stuff. When I joined the gym I was around people with the same goals and I was not only motivated but I learned who to listen to and who not to.
    On the list for Bannukah

anonymous
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    A lot of people do very well working out at home, I am not one of them. I trained at home for several years, but it wasn't until I joined a gym that I really started making gains.

But things were different back then, I was home alone didn't really know what I was doing, relying on mags and stuff. When I joined the gym I was around people with the same goals and I was not only motivated but I learned who to listen to and who not to.
    I'm the opposite to BH, I fkin hate having to use public gyms now and curse and grumble through every workout I'm forced to deal with tools and weirdos hogging equipment, invading my space etc.

If it were a PL key gym like my old one in LA or golds Venice , fine, but not an average gym. IMO stay home but check out the local ones and see how bad they are

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Home gym for me works best but I found it productive at the gym too. I didn't always have a home gym so if you want to make it work you'll make it work.

There's always options at the gym. My problem is I like to run my routine in order and I don't like improvising very much so that's where my home gym works better for me.
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sajor View Post

Sounds good to me. The only change I would make is to drop the curls and do pull ups.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chico1s is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One gym ain't the same as an other. I train at three different gyms, depending on my working hours and weekend/working days. Two gyms don't give a real motivation. But one, close to my work, I have more motivation to work out. Reason: People (men and women) really come to work out. Are friendly and no arrogance at all. Also first gym where I saw multiple women squat and work our weights. I lift chicken weights to say so, but when a big guy sees me struggling, I can good help anyway. Those kind of things gets me motivate.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post

I agree with Bodyhard, in that, especially, in the beginning you CAN learn a lot if you are using a good gym....

but what is a "good" gym, these days?? where we have no grunt zones and such......

a few years after I started lifting, I did 1.5 years in a dirty dingy BB only gym at a local Y.....it was NOTHING but grunts and groans and yells and loud rock music...terrific!!!!

Everyone was super motivated, and my cousin and I, who were lifting together at the time, made tremendous gains in that little bit of time.....

since then, I have trained at home, but back then, it was invaluable....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.