Thread: Calves...

Rashyboyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calves...

Hey guys, I'm 18 years old, 185 lbs.

Although my quads and upper body are big, my calves are complete ****.
    I've tried high volume like 15-20 reps light weight, low volume 5-8 reps heavy asks weight. I've done calves from 1day a week to now 3 days a week.
    I've tried doing 2-3 exercises each time.

When i first started they were complete twigs and they have grow but its not even close to where i want it to be.

My diet is good, i get around 4000 calories a day and count my macros.

Helpppp

mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rashyboyy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 18 years old, 185 lbs.

Although my quads and upper body are big, my calves are complete ****.
    I've tried high volume like 15-20 reps light weight, low volume 5-8 reps heavy asks weight. I've done calves from 1day a week to now 3 days a week.
    I've tried doing 2-3 exercises each time.

When i first started they were complete twigs and they have grow but its not even close to where i want it to be.

My diet is good, i get around 4000 calories a day and count my macros.

Helpppp
    my calves aren't "big" but i was just a regular skinny kid but i after running cross country my calves got pretty big. Sprinting actualyl helped more because you explode each step by doing a calf raise pretty much but if u hate running, you are pretty much doing what you can as of now. Unless you wanna try something like doing heavy 5 reps and then dropsetting to 10 reps and then supersetting that with another calf exercise idk how much more you could really do, just stay at it you said they have grown.

gobble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could be genetic. I have massive calves, and they were pretty big even before I ever trained them.

If it is genetic, don't let that deter you. Just keep adding weight over time, progress will be slower than you want, but you will progress none the less.