Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pablo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pablo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Powder with milk?

Can I take my protein powder with milk? On the container it says to mix with water or favourite juice, it doesn't mention anything about milk.

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, milk will give you more protein, and also make your protein a blend if it is just straight whey.

If you have it, use it.

fit

Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And its tastier!!

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Yes, most protein tubs say mix with 8-10 oz. of water. I always mix my powder with milk.
    I found that some powders mix better in milk as well.

Pablo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pablo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply, Hey I just realized that Beast was Derek, keep up the articles man they're great.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why even bother with the powder, just drink more of the milk

VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VINZE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by D&G
    Why even bother with the powder, just drink more of the milk
    i seem to find you posting stupid stuff..

i prefer w/ milk it taste better and give you more cals

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have u ever tried protien powder in water?

it is awful...

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drink more milk?? well thats a good idea. but there is 9 grams of protein in a serving of milk. on average there is about 20 grams of protein in a scoop of protein powders. why not combine the two and have a protein feast!!!!!!1

joe

saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) saldivar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Milk is always the better way to go...
    Bigger, Faster, Stronger...

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vinze will you please stop following my posts with your attempted insults, you clearly know nothing on the subject so keep out of it, I have been at bb.com a lot longer than you and I know exactly what I am saying I have more experience than you. If you don't like what I write contest it with some sort of argument with a superior alternative not just that is stupid.

Milk is cheaper and has more carbs, if you want to get big you need carbs.

JoeHagy there is 3.3g of protein in 100ml milk, I have no problem drnking a litre of the stuff in one go so why should I bother adding protein powder which gives me an inferior carbrotein ratio and costs me more money. Protein is more expensive than carbs, with a lot of carbs you don't need as much protein.

If money were no option sure I would throw whey isolate into everything but as someone who has wasted money on BS supps before I have learnt what is cost-effective and works!

That was not an intentional smilie in that post!

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, Vinze, its not because you don't agree that you need to insult other people's opinions (apart from when they are wrong of course). D was trying to make a point that a lot of what we supplement can be taken from food if some people would only make an effort to eat more and eat better.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes agreed you need more carbs when you bulk up. and milk is a good thing to use when you bulk. but if you want to use that argument, the i can say your off mark and COMPLEX carbohydrates are more important to some one bulking than the simple carbs found in milk. in 1 cup of milk( and i get this by looking on the labels, i dont pull it out of my butt) there is 13 grams of carbs and 12 coming from sugar. not bad for bulking, but honestly its wiser to use slow buring comlex carbohyrdrates when bulking compared to sugar. also there is 9 grams of protein in 1 cup of milk. when a gallon of milk costs 3.50, i definatly go with milk and protein powder instead of just milk.

but you do make the good argument that more carbs are more important when you bulk as compared to more protein.

and by the way, thats why you should use a weight gainer when bulking, and protein powder for when you cut up. atleast thats the way i see it.

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't milk take longer to digest then water?????/

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yep

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thought so

water doesn't need to digest at all. But it digesting slowly is a positive factor in most all cases.

Yeah but if u need more calories i guess use milk and then if u cutting use water.

Yeah, but its not all about the calories, its about protein too. Just use skim milk then, that has less cals.

Originally posted by joehagyHH
    yes agreed you need more carbs when you bulk up. and milk is a good thing to use when you bulk. but if you want to use that argument, the i can say your off mark and COMPLEX carbohydrates are more important to some one bulking than the simple carbs found in milk.
    Simple carbs by name but not by nature. I am well on mark in fact if you look on a glycemic index lactose is one of the slowest digesting card sources there is.

Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think protein blends are the best definitely in milk. 1% is the best and is not as bad as skim. Protein in water on the other hand is disgusting. It's bad enough some protein powder don't taste well. Why further the scowl on your face by putting it in water. The only reason that the containers suggest that is because they want you to know you can drink it even though you may be lactose intolerant.
    Yup, I'm bigger than you.

iqrahim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    QUESTION-

Is it necessary to BLEND a protein shake in a blender, or is simply mixing it with a spoon good enough? Obviously merely mixing the protein shake doesn't dissolve all of the powder and it's a little bit thicker, but does that affect absorption of the protein? Should I be using a blender?

BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10) BeatKonducta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iqrahim View Post
    QUESTION-

Is it necessary to BLEND a protein shake in a blender, or is simply mixing it with a spoon good enough? Obviously merely mixing the protein shake doesn't dissolve all of the powder and it's a little bit thicker, but does that affect absorption of the protein? Should I be using a blender?
    LOL I'm new here too but I know not to raise a thread from the dead.

To answer your question a blender would be best but a shaker bottle works awesome without the mess. Now if you want to mix some fruit then a blender is the way to go. Mixing with a spoon is teh suk.
    Signature goes here.

mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mackayh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Until a few days ago, I always mixed my protein whey with skim milk in the Magic Bullet, often with a banana, blueberries and strawberries... Makes for a tasty shake with vanilla flavored powder.

I'll still make one of these a day, sometimes for breakfast if I'm short on time.

I'm looking to cut right now, got about 35 pounds of fat to lose and a shake with all the fruits like the one above is 7 Weight Watches points which is a lot considering I have about 35 a day.

Just a scoop of the powder is 2 points, milk is another 2 points... A Banana is 2 more points and other fruit like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries are free unless you exceed 1/2 cup.

I've followed the advice of some of my friends and I take a shaker to the gym with me and down a shake right after my workout for a quick 24g's of protein, just mixing it with water. Doesn't taste as good as with milk but does the trick.

From the old BB.comBoards DRACOMACHINE's Avatar
    DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DRACOMACHINE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Can I take my protein powder with milk? On the container it says to mix with water or favourite juice, it doesn't mention anything about milk.
    I mix mine with water. But if you don't mind the extra calories milk is fine.

Im blue daba di daba di.. ChrisSWE's Avatar
    ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    edit lol at the strong bump!!

As far as taste it is recomended otherwise if your protein powder haz casein you dont have to...If it doesnt then it would be a great way to ad milk..dif sources of protein is always good.

Milk slows down the absobtion of peptides from stomach to the blood. That means that the blood amino acids is higher under a longer time.

Also ad a milk with higher fat content as it increases the absorbtion of calcium vs low fat milk (if your on a cut, better uptake of calcium means greater fat burning and if your counting your calories try and ad it)
    Last edited by ChrisSWE; 10-12-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    /10

inspiron23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inspiron23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inspiron23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inspiron23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inspiron23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always mix mine with milk, I just figure it into my macro's.
    I never tried it with water, and I don't think I wanna know what egg protein tastes like in water.

jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jheers11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mixing with milk is better. But mixing with water does allow me to drink it faster if i am in a hurry or just want to "chug" it
    "Yeah buddy.....light weight babay"

JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JHICKS3301 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's ok with milk... But I like water.. Make sure to use Ice cold water.. It makes a ton of difference with taste...

Give it a shot
    Owner of the Iron Mulisha
    www.TheIronMulisha.com
    john[@]theironmulisha.com

In for new Business opportunities.. message me or email