Thread: Beginner

Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Original1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner

I'm a beginner. I'm 46, 5'6" and about 155lbs. I'm looking to join a gym and wanted to know if joining something like the YMCA or a smaller local gym is the way to go.

hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hmcl281 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    they usually will give you a week long pass to try out the place, try out a few and see if you like it
    If you put in the effort it's not a matter of if, but when.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those are perfect places to get started providing they have all the basic equipment and not just a room full of machines.

muhsanar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyway, as a result I have studied macronutrients and training plans to bulk. Been bulking for 3 weeks now training 4 times a week split routine. Macros are 45/25/30 eating as clean as possible. I am at 17.8% bodyfat 6 feet tall, 210 pounds. I have a naturally large frame and gain fat easily if im not careful. I am eating every 3 to 4 hours and 3600 cals a day. I have a physical job and as i say train 4 days a week split routine.
    I am looking for advice, am I off to a good start??? I have gained 7 pounds in the last 3 weeks is this too much? My belt is on the same notch so my waist size has stayed the same. My strength has improved over the last 3 weeks too.

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Original1 View Post
    I'm a beginner. I'm 46, 5'6" and about 155lbs. I'm looking to join a gym and wanted to know if joining something like the YMCA or a smaller local gym is the way to go.
    I'm a member of one of those chain 24/7 strip mall gyms and it does just fine.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

Patience, grasshopper. NorthernMusicia's Avatar
    NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The only suggestion I'd have is to check it out during the hours that you would normally use it. Some of these small gyms are packed at peak hours. Their rates are often good, and if they know how to keep up the equipment, they're just as serviceable as a big gym. Lifting doesn't have to be with fancy equipment to get results. In fact, I find too much equipment distracting, which is why I now workout in my basement with a barbell, dumbbells, and a power rack. When I've traveled I've usually found the gyms at the Y's were quite good.
    Exercise isn't diet. Diet isn't exercise. Defiantly building muscle.