DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it possible to reach low body fat and bulking with dumbbells alone?

what do you think??
    " Every negative event contains within it; a seed of equal or greater benefit! "

brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very strange question, difficult to understand.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DocVic View Post

what do you think??
    For sure dude! 210%

Looks like you have picked up a lot valuable information in the last year. Strong first post.

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)

what do you think??

I would think so,rather definately actually. Especially with Db Rowing. You can use humungous weight on these,building up rather safely
    compared with the traditional variation using the barbell where you're back is in a very vulnerable position and seems like a sitting duck for
    major back issues to develop if one insists on continuing with the barbell row variation. Instead,i really strongly suggest/insist someone to stick
    with Db's,as they are so much less strainfull on the back. Use one at a time of course,dont do a double db row. Place one hand on a bench or on you're quad/thigh area for safety leverage,and watch you're Weight usage go way up through the roof. Also,as far as Db mass movements,try those 1 handed overhand lifts the oldtime strongmen used to use. You can really overload you're strength capacity mechanisms and greatly reduce overall strain on the spinal lumbars and such. Then of course,obviously,Db's are great for curling,anyone should figure that one out pretty quick. Even With sticking
    exclusively with Db Bench,i dont see why you cant mass up with these used exclusively over BB Bench. Then of course,you have Shrugs,and lateral
    raises. For them i recommend not using heavy weights. 15 lbs will do alot for shoulders/delts. 50 lbs will just lead to shoulder strains and tares.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

anonymous
    It depends , are you putting a heavy dumbbell on top of the cookie jar so you can't open it?

Low body fat with DBS, great question to ponder this slow Sunday afternoon

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Since those are achieved through diet.... I'm gonna have to say yes.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do DB's provide resistance? Yes; so you have a stimulus. Everything else is down to diet.

There is one caveat, you have to know what you are doing. The fact that you asked the question means that your knowledge on the subject is not extensive. Read everything you can on the subject, follow a standard beginner routine and come back in 6 months.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the short answer is this: Yes, you can bulk your upper body with dumbbells alone; but just like barbells, you need to move heavy weight with proper form. Bulking your lower body will be difficult with dumbbells unless you have access to heavy leg machines (leg press, hack squat etc...)
    Regarding reducing fat; that is almost all diet related. (it is all diet related besides the calories you burn when exercising fitting into your macro equation)

Hope this helps!

DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10) DocVic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

I have a busy schedule hence always on the move. But always have access to dumbbells to squeeze in workouts even late at night. (Here the gyms are not open 24 x7 for some reason)

But as tkdnj commented, I find the db workouts are not as effective for the lower body after a while despite high weights and reps. Hence the question. I usually do the db deadlifts, squats and db lounges for lower body.

Thanks all.
    " Every negative event contains within it; a seed of equal or greater benefit! "

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While you can't easily do 300+ lb goblet squats, you can easily get 100lb dumbbells. You can build up to pistols, which will be quite taxing at 100lbs.

Dumbbell complexes (similar to kettlebell complexes) are good for cardio, which will also build muscle for the novice.
    Aaron Bennett
    Denver Harlequins Rugby
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #29 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    I would think so,rather definately actually. Especially with Db Rowing. You can use humungous weight on these,building up rather safely
    compared with the traditional variation using the barbell where you're back is in a very vulnerable position and seems like a sitting duck for
    major back issues to develop if one insists on continuing with the barbell row variation. Instead,i really strongly suggest/insist someone to stick
    with Db's,as they are so much less strainfull on the back. Use one at a time of course,dont do a double db row. Place one hand on a bench or on you're quad/thigh area for safety leverage,and watch you're Weight usage go way up through the roof. Also,as far as Db mass movements,try those 1 handed overhand lifts the oldtime strongmen used to use. You can really overload you're strength capacity mechanisms and greatly reduce overall strain on the spinal lumbars and such. Then of course,obviously,Db's are great for curling,anyone should figure that one out pretty quick. Even With sticking
    exclusively with Db Bench,i dont see why you cant mass up with these used exclusively over BB Bench. Then of course,you have Shrugs,and lateral
    raises. For them i recommend not using heavy weights. 15 lbs will do alot for shoulders/delts. 50 lbs will just lead to shoulder strains and tares.
    Thank you. Very useful

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    For someone 44 years of age I would think u could be just a little smarter
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you add muscle with dumbells? Sure, but without a bar you'd be missing out on the big 3 proven mass builders. Namely squats, deadlifts, and bench press.

And 50 lb dumbells won't automatically wreck your shoulders unless someone hits you with one. Dumbells can be a great addition to barbell work but if I had to choose one or the other , dumbbells are out
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.
    I find the db workouts are not as effective for the lower body after a while despite high weights and reps. Hence the question. I usually do the db deadlifts, squats and db lounges for lower body.

Thanks all.
    get a good belt and start hip belt squats,

Hip belt squats will fry your quads at significantly lower weights then a barbell being used.

also good for weighted dips and pullups....

it can almost all be done with dumbbells.

Gl op....
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes

Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Patience, grasshopper. NorthernMusicia's Avatar
    NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by plumher View Post
    Can you add muscle with dumbells? Sure, but without a bar you'd be missing out on the big 3 proven mass builders. Namely squats, deadlifts, and bench press.

And 50 lb dumbells won't automatically wreck your shoulders unless someone hits you with one. Dumbells can be a great addition to barbell work but if I had to choose one or the other , dumbbells are out
    I agree completely with this. It's exactly the approach I use. Though I'm not seeing a lot of mass gains at 56, I'm loving the lifting, which I've been doing for a couple of years now, and I'm in the best shape of my life. I love the dumbbells over the bar - particularly since I work out alone most of the time. A power rack was all I needed to stay safe. Good luck, Doc.
    Exercise isn't diet. Diet isn't exercise. Defiantly building muscle.

67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000) 67fastback is just really nice. (+1000)

what do you think??
    You can even get in shape doing bodyweight exercises only.

However dumbbells have nothing to do with diet.
    Low body fat and bulking are two different things entirely.

What do you really want to do? What are your heaviest dumbbells?
    I'm going to take the Sc0liosis curve out of my back and eliminate my nerve pain

daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000) daveherr13 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes. yes, you can

tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tsoden is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you can cut fat and build muscle simultaneously... but it would not be easy to do. Diet is key here. Not sure if the choice of stimulus really matters to be honest, especially if you give it your all during your workout.