mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

51 with a new set of goals

Just a brief introduction, my name is Mitch and I have trained off and on since the age of 10. In my late 20's I competed in the Bench deadlift contests a half a dozen times at a bodyweight of 165.. My goal was always to be big and strong. I preferred the bulky softer look to the smaller ripped look. I just wanted to be big. That has all changed now that I have gotten older. As I have have aged my bodyfat level has increased. I have high blood pressure which I take meds for. My last physical, 5 months ago convinced my doc that I needed to be on statins for my cholesterol. I decided not to take the statins. I am pre diabetic according to the numbers. I have also consumed an enormous amount of beer everyday for the last 25 years. 2 weeks after my physical I woke up on a Sunday morning and decided to cut my drinking back and start training again. That was 5 months ago. At that time I weighed 195 bs. with a bodyfat % of around 23. I am 5'8" tall. I have stuck to my 5 day a week cardio and weight training program in my garage before work...4:30 am. I started watching what I ate but not counting calories. I cut 80% of my beer consumption out. In 4-1/2 months I went from 192 to 178. My bodyfat % went to 16. I have now started tracking my macros through myfitnesspal. I have been doing this for 2 weeks. My weight is now down to 176 and my bodyfat % around 14. I would like to not go any lower than 170 lbs. but I still have a small amount of fat around my mid section and chest. After tracking my macros for 2 weeks I have come to realize that it is essential! Now I know just what I am consuming and if I drop lbs. too fast or don't drop I can adjust. My goal is to get to around 12% in the next 6-8 weeks then started increasing my calories to put me back to a weight of around 175. This website and the different forums have helped educate me a lot. I will try and find some sort of pictures of when I started and take some current pictures so I can get feedback from the knowledgeable people on this website.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome Mitch and best of luck to you.

pmelton357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like you're doing great and are on the right track. I had to cut back on the beer as well. Good luck and keep pushing forward.
    Philip A. Melton II
    Bookkeeper, Writer, Independent Beachbody Coach
    http://physicalandfit.blogspot.com/
    http://www.beachbodycoach.com/philipm78

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice to read posts like this!

Great job!
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mmobley View Post
    Just a brief introduction, my name is Mitch and I have trained off and on since the age of 10. In my late 20's I competed in the Bench deadlift contests a half a dozen times at a bodyweight of 165.. My goal was always to be big and strong. I preferred the bulky softer look to the smaller ripped look. I just wanted to be big. That has all changed now that I have gotten older. As I have have aged my bodyfat level has increased. I have high blood pressure which I take meds for. My last physical, 5 months ago convinced my doc that I needed to be on statins for my cholesterol. I decided not to take the statins. I am pre diabetic according to the numbers. I have also consumed an enormous amount of beer everyday for the last 25 years. 2 weeks after my physical I woke up on a Sunday morning and decided to cut my drinking back and start training again. That was 5 months ago. At that time I weighed 195 bs. with a bodyfat % of around 23. I am 5'8" tall. I have stuck to my 5 day a week cardio and weight training program in my garage before work...4:30 am. I started watching what I ate but not counting calories. I cut 80% of my beer consumption out. In 4-1/2 months I went from 192 to 178. My bodyfat % went to 16. I have now started tracking my macros through myfitnesspal. I have been doing this for 2 weeks. My weight is now down to 176 and my bodyfat % around 14. I would like to not go any lower than 170 lbs. but I still have a small amount of fat around my mid section and chest. After tracking my macros for 2 weeks I have come to realize that it is essential! Now I know just what I am consuming and if I drop lbs. too fast or don't drop I can adjust. My goal is to get to around 12% in the next 6-8 weeks then started increasing my calories to put me back to a weight of around 175. This website and the different forums have helped educate me a lot. I will try and find some sort of pictures of when I started and take some current pictures so I can get feedback from the knowledgeable people on this website.
    I'm on statins and few other drugs due to a heart attack a few years ago..Glad your getting back into it. Time and patients are key, I'm sure you know this. Stay with it, ask questions were all here for the same thing!!

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mitch this is awesome! Congrats. I love hearing stories like these. Tank is definitely someone that you can bounce ideas off of and get some great advice from. He's been in the game a long time and with his medical past he can help assist you on things he does diet/supplement wise that are safe and effective.

Keep it up! I certainly understand the "beer" thing. LOL. In more than one way. I grew up with an alcoholic father. Great man. Even better father! When I was young he realized he needed helped and got it and has been sober 25 years. I myself, love my beer (not the light, yellow fizzy stuff either, heavier, higher cal beer) so I know how it can be hard to either go without or fit it into your macros. I visited my sister and brother in law last winter and he got me hooked on some micro brewed stuff from Colorado and I found some good stuff in Ohio so I've had to learn to balance that with my training and I've done a pretty good job.

Keep at it it! I look forward to following.

Kyle
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmobley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all of the replies guys. I just had my 6 month doc checkup and my cholesterol went from 242 down to 160! My doc took me off the blood pressure meds and said to just keep an eye on it and so far it has been good. I was 23 lbs. lighter by his scale. I thought he was gonna give me a hug he was so excited. I still like my beer, in moderation, and I just fit in in on the weekends. Its interesting that a few of you who replied are about my size.....not you tank!. I am low 170's and now realize I could probably go as low as 165 to shed more of this fat. I can't wait to get totally ripped, then start upping my calories to try and put on more size. When I started this about 7 months ago I honestly thought maybe I was getting too old to pack on muscle again. How wrong was I! One thing I did notice is that it took longer for my body to respond to the weights. When I was younger I would bulk up quickly. Again, thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply. It means a lot to me.
    Starting weight - 184 ~ Goal weight - 172

Jan 1-184|Jan 8-182.8|Jan 15-xxx|Jan 22-184|Jan 29-xxx|Total-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx|Total-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx|Total-xxx

4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4Biz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are getting & doing it right

Stay on track and keep at it

Same age - 51
    I am the strongest and have the most power & drive ever
    I continue to gain muscle, size & strength and have not really found it any harder then when younger
    You may find that yourself once you hit heavy weight & work outs

Good job
    BP Max: 350
    (315x4, 275x8, 11x250)

51 yrs - 6' 1" - 228