Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    Do you hold this position prior to being classified as a fetus, during the embryonic stage?
    If she's pregnant, she's pregnant with a baby. It's not like you don't know what a pregnant woman produces.. there's no question that if left alone (again, as previously stated, assuming no natural pregnancy complications), 9 months after becoming pregnant that a woman will give birth to a human child. It doesn't matter what developmental phases that child goes through prior to delivery.. it's still a child.
    "That boulder is too large. I could lift a smaller one."

-Hercules

Starting Weight (July 2018) - 362
    Current Weight (July 2019) - 268

Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vsportsguy View Post
    Lets establish a simple logical argument:

1. Abortion is morally ambiguous.
    2. Other people having an abortion has no affect on your own life.
    3. You do not have the right to deny another human being a right when it is (a)morally ambiguous and (b)has no possibility of affecting your own life.
    People could say the same about child abuse. There are plenty of people that think it's morally okay to hit kids. They aren't my parents so it doesn't impact me.

Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hesher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forian View Post
    I think you're kind of a dick if you have an 8 month abortion, but i fully support its legality.
    Why do you support this:

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InstantLoser View Post
    If she's pregnant, she's pregnant with a baby. It's not like you don't know what a pregnant woman produces.. there's no question that if left alone (again, as previously stated, assuming no natural pregnancy complications), 9 months after becoming pregnant that a woman will give birth to a human child. It doesn't matter what developmental phases that child goes through prior to delivery.. it's still a child.
    But then you realize this argument does in fact draw a dichotomy?

"If left alone, then it will become a child." This implies one entity for the "if" portion of the statement, and another at the "then" portion. This creates a distinction, which starts to create doubt in the notion that there isn't some form of dichotomy.

Importantly, at the time of an abortion (which, for me, I would make the cut-off pre-brain activity), an embryo does not share the defining characteristics of human children as we know them: brain activity, physical features, etc. I agree with you at a certain point (e.g., abortion at 6 months), but there are developmental cut-offs here which I think you might be overlooking.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10) emilylie0712 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lets establish a simple logical argument:

1. Abortion is morally ambiguous.
    2. Other people having an abortion has no affect on your own life.
    3. You do not have the right to deny another human being a right when it is (a)morally ambiguous and (b)has no possibility of affecting your own life.
    1.Abortion means someone kills human being through a ambiguous way
    2.Abortion is harmful to the body,but someone just thinks that it make any sense
    3.People should take personal responsibility for their actions. If they choose to have sex, they should utilize protective measures.

brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think you're kind of a dick if you have an 8 month abortion, but i fully support its legality.
    Why? Is there a distinction between the moment a baby leaves the uterus and comes into the world?

At 8 months a baby could be born and go on to live a full life. How can you justify aborting it?

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But then you realize this argument does in fact draw a dichotomy?

"If left alone, then it will become a child." But at the time of an abortion (which, for me, I would make the cut-off pre-brain activity), it does not share the defining characteristics of human children as we know them: brain activity, physical features, etc.
    No, there is no dichotomy. You acknowledge that pregnant women produce children. Preventing the birth is killing the child. If she's pregnant, she's pregnant with a baby. Period.

-Hercules

vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. Abortion is not morally ambiguous
    You have lost all credibility right here. This entire thread is a debate filled with 'when does a human life begin?'. Your opinion is not the only one.

Some people believe it becomes a human at conception, some believe it becomes a human somewhere along it's development, some believe it is not a human until it is born. The only truth we can all agree upon is that it is a human after being born. Before that, it is ambiguous.

The fact that you disagree is irrelevant, all that matters is if you can admit there is a difference in opinion. If you can't even admit that other people have different opinions, you have lost all credibility.

So much this.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

You have lost all credibility right here. This entire thread is a debate filled with 'when does a human life begin?'. Your opinion is not the only one.

Some people believe it becomes a human at conception, some believe it becomes a human somewhere along it's development, some believe it is not a human until it is born. The only truth we can all agree upon is that it is a human after being born. Before that, it is ambiguous.

The fact that you disagree is irrelevant, all that matters is if you can admit there is a difference in opinion. If you can't even admit that other people have different opinions, you have lost all credibility
    Some people think murder is ok, or they wouldn't do it. Some people think stealing is ok. Just because there's a difference of opinion there doesn't mean those people aren't wrong. Some people think mullets look good.

There is no ambiguity except in the minds of those who want a convenient way out of accepting the responsibility of their actions, because that's what abortion is.

-Hercules

Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nelly87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is always such a heated topic/debate.

I believe entirely on situation.

Young teen couples - look for adoption first. There are people out there who are not able to have children and pay lots of money to raise a child in a good home. If the girl doesn't want to go through with it or can't find people to adopt, well if it is early enough then it is entirely up to the couple.

A baby factory - a girl who just pumps out loads of kids with no intent on raising them or being a true parent. She should get fixed, however adoption is my first choice then abortion.

Rape - abortion first choice then adoption second.

Just my opinion... guess you would say I am pro choice.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." -Will Durant
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
    "The only guarantee in life is death, live a life worth dying for." - Me
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
    "It's not over UNTIL I WIN!" - John-leslie Brown (Son of Les Brown)

mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, there is no dichotomy. You acknowledge that pregnant women produce children. Preventing the birth is killing the child. If she's pregnant, she's pregnant with a baby. Period.
    I would disagree with the general line of reasoning in that preventing the birth is not killing a child within a certain period of time. Before 8 weeks, the embryo is not even discernible from embryos of other species. It does not have any features that make it unique to humans. No semblance of sentience, pain, feeling, cognition, etc. even at the most rudimentary level.

There is a very clear, biological difference between this:

and a human baby.

Technically men who masturbate and waste sperm for non-reproductive reasons are killing off potential life, too. If we're looking at life as one big timeline, then the notion that life must start at conception is an arbitrary one. Why not one step back?
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) P3nguin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pro choice for early abortions
    last thing this world needs is more orphans, kids with terrible upbringing, etc
    Always pick 7 crew
    *MISC LIFTING CREW*

I would disagree with the general line of reasoning in that preventing the birth is not killing a child within a certain period of time. Before 8 weeks, the embryo is not even discernible from embryos of other species. It does not have any features that make it unique to humans. No semblance of sentience, pain, feeling, cognition, etc. even at the most rudimentary level.

There is a very clear, biological difference between this:

and a human baby.

Technically men who masturbate and waste sperm for non-reproductive reasons are killing off potential life, too. If we're looking at life as one big timeline, then the notion that life must start at conception is an arbitrary one. Why not one step back?
    Once the sperm and the egg are combined, it's game over. It doesn't matter what stage of development it's in. The human life goes through lots of stages in development, growth, eventual decline, and finally death. At all stages you are still a human being.

-Hercules

VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10) VANISM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Abortion is murder plain and simple.

Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Against. Anyone who is pro abortion has no respect for human life. Brb the world is "overpopulated" so it's ok to kill our kids. If you don't want kids here's a thought: don't have unprotected sex. If you get raped: morning after pill. If you somehow get pregnant anyway: adoption.

Everyone should be given a chance at life. Not mutilated and killed before they even leave the womb just because it's more convenient for you. You abortion people make me sick.

Once the sperm and the egg are combined, it's game over. It doesn't matter what stage of development it's in. The human life goes through lots of stages in development, growth, eventual decline, and finally death. At all stages you are still a human being.
    But why is conception the absolute, inarguable cut-off? Sperm has a specific function, and when it is used without interference, it yields human life (or the potential for it). Why isn't masturbating viewed the same way as aborting an embryo that is pre-fetal? Both are, by very definition, the waste of potential human life.

Also, does the fact that the point prevalence of miscarriage is 15-25% have any bearing on your argument? You are saying that, left unattended, conception --> human life. Except for up to 1/4th of pregnant women. Doesn't this poke somewhat of a hole in your argument?

holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Omnivium View Post
    Against. Anyone who is pro abortion has no respect for human life. Brb the world is "overpopulated" so it's ok to kill our kids. If you don't want kids here's a thought: don't have unprotected sex. If you get raped: morning after pill. If you somehow get pregnant anyway: adoption.

Everyone should be given a chance at life. Not mutilated and killed before they even leave the womb just because it's more convenient for you. You abortion people make me sick.
    I say the same thing for pro life people. So selfish as to bring a kid into the world only for it to live a terrible life. *Shakes head*

vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vsportsguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some people think murder is ok, or they wouldn't do it. Some people think stealing is ok. Just because there's a difference of opinion there doesn't mean those people aren't wrong. Some people think mullets look good.

There is no ambiguity except in the minds of those who want a convenient way out of accepting the responsibility of their actions, because that's what abortion is.
    Conversing with people such as yourself make my fukin head hurt. Murder and theft are universally accepted as wrong. Just because something is wrong doesn't mean people wont still do it... Both murder and theft affect other human beings as well. Abortion is not universally accepted as wrong and does not affect other human beings. How could anybody debate those facts?

Have a good day. I can't listen to your stupidity any longer.

Originally Posted by holtmcg View Post
    I say the same thing for pro life people. So selfish as to bring a kid into the world only for it to live a terrible life. *Shakes head*
    What's terrible for you is better than what many will experience in this world. Should we just kill all the people in lesser developed countries to spare them further misery?

But why is conception the absolute, inarguable cut-off? Sperm has a specific function, and when it is used without interference, it yields human life (or the potential for it). Why isn't masturbating viewed the same way as aborting an embryo that is pre-fetal? Both are, by very definition, the waste of potential human life.

Also, does the fact that the point prevalence of miscarriage is 15-25% have any bearing on your argument? You are saying that, left unattended, conception --> human life. Except for up to 1/4th of pregnant women. Doesn't this poke somewhat of a hole in your argument?
    A sperm by itself is just biological material. An egg by itself is the same. Neither have any chance of becoming humans on their own. You KNOW this stuff, why are you arguing against it? I already covered your 1/4 argument also by saying that natural complications are the exception to pregnancy = baby, and are beyond our control (unless medically bypassed).

I'll say it again:

A pregnant woman, barring any natural complications that result in the pregnancy "ending itself" will produce a baby after 9 months. The developmental stages from the point of conception up until the baby exits the womb are irrelevant. It's a baby at each stage.

-Hercules

Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kurial is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm against it. It's a life we're talking about and I don't see it as an opinion tbh.
    S/B/D 200/148/220 @ 74kg

** Limitless Test Crew (LTC) **

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    im undecided too, on one hand I'm pro killing babies, but on the other, I'm against giving women a choice

Conversing with people such as yourself make my fukin head hurt. Murder and theft are universally accepted as wrong. Just because something is wrong doesn't mean people wont still do it... Both murder and theft affect other human beings as well. Abortion is not universally accepted as wrong and does not affect other human beings. How could anybody debate those facts?

Have a good day. I can't listen to your stupidity any longer.
    Right, murder is universally accepted as wrong. So why is it universally wrong except when the person being murdered hasn't been born yet? You haven't stated any facts, only your own warped opinions.

-Hercules

holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) holtmcg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
    What's terrible for you is better than what many will experience in this world. Should we just kill all the people in lesser developed countries to spare them further misery?
    Just stop. Seriously. Just stop. My brain function is slowing down reading you right wing conservative posts. Selfish, selfish, selfish. Absolutely embarrassing to say the very least.

A sperm by itself is just biological material. An egg by itself is the same. Neither have any chance of becoming humans on their own. You KNOW this stuff, why are you arguing against it?
    An embryo doesn't have a chance of becoming a human on its own, either.

I already covered your 1/4 argument also by saying that natural complications are the exception to pregnancy = baby, and are beyond our control (unless medically bypassed).

I'll say it again:

A pregnant woman, barring any natural complications that result in the pregnancy "ending itself" will produce a baby after 9 months. The developmental stages from the point of conception up until the baby exits the womb are irrelevant. It's a baby at each stage.
    I just don't think there's anything close to a consensus on this, from a biological standpoint. How are we even defining human life here? Just, living cells in a clump? Showing unique human abilities or physical features?

Just stop. Seriously. Just stop. My brain function is slowing down reading you right wing conservative posts. Selfish, selfish, selfish. Absolutely embarrassing to say the very least.
    Why do you liberal *******s claim to champion the rights of minorities.. the oppressed.. women.. so open minded and "tolerant'.. yet the one group of people who absolutely can't defend themselves? Murder them all! It's a womans' right to choose if her baby lives or dies! Selfish? You mean like it's being selfish to abdicate all responsibility for ones actions? That IS the liberal way after all.

An embryo doesn't have a chance of becoming a human on its own, either.
    Ah that old chestnut. Yes it does. It'll do a perfectly fine job of coming out as a baby (again... barring the unknowable natural complications, or a trip down a flight of stairs...) if someone doesn't kill it first.

-Hercules

Ah that old chestnut. Yes it does. It'll do a perfectly fine job of coming out as a baby (again... barring the unknowable natural complications, or a trip down a flight of stairs...) if someone doesn't kill it first.
    Not on its own, no. It is, in the most technical sense, a parasite. I still just fail to see why conception = human life, but the prerequisite cells prior to that do not constitute such. Again, biologically speaking, this seems a bit arbitrary.

Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What kind of logic is this? You *think* a kid will have a bad life so now you have the right to kill it? Why don't we go kill everyone who has a bad life because they have a bad life anyway so it's ok. Do you see how stupid and wrong that is?

Not on its own, no. It is, in the most technical sense, a parasite. I still just fail to see why conception = human life, but the prerequisite cells prior to that do not constitute such. Again, biologically speaking, this seems a bit arbitrary.
    But you agree you have to define it as a human at some point. Why would you arbitrarily choose NOT to define that time at the point the life was actually created? The only reason would be so you could marginalize it, so you could end its' existence without feeling bad about it. If you have to acknowledge it as a fellow human being, you might be forced (possibly by law?) to at least think twice before killing it.

-Hercules

durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) durfydoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by entropy1 View Post
    im undecided too, on one hand I'm pro killing babies, but on the other, I'm against giving women a choice
    Lol you people are horrible.