Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Feel Like Strength Programs are Holding me Back? srs

just started running texas method, training 3 days a week just feels extremely minimalist even if the program is great, especially the recovery day. Currently in a bad place with my life and lifting is the only thing I look forward to, specifically lifting heavy.. 3 days a week isnt cutting it for me mentally. Ideally I would train heavy 5-7 times a week but apparently this would burn me out fast and I can't seem to find a program that has a similar outline to this and I'm not sure if I can just add weight/reps each workout as ive exhausted ss gains a while ago. Does anyone have any advice or ideas on a template for a program where i could be in the gym training heavy multiple times a week?

inb4 tmisc..18 in 1 week

Cliffs
    -op feels 3 day strength programs are holding him back
    - prefer to lift heavy 5-7 times a week
    - cant find a program or template to fit this criteria
    Last edited by justgenetics; 01-08-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    Brunettes Only Crew (non negotiable)

LTC Crew (negotiable)

Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually read this. Hold on man let me put something together.

Have you ever done PHAT by Layne Norton? or PPL(use coolcicada's thread)? Or Canditos training?

Either of those will definitely help you. I'm a brosplitter and I make my own crazy ass workout regiments that work for me, but I've found most helpful PHAT.

PHAT:
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

PPL(Coolcicada):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=149807833

Canditos:
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/fre...ngth-programs/

Good luck man. Do what you need to do, and constantly watch yourself. Be in tune with yourself and make changes as needed. Watch your progress grow, and don't let frustration/stalling get to you. You're gonna make it.
    Last edited by Victorious; 01-08-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look at the programs fron PowerliftingtoWin

justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justgenetics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    thanks man, didnt think about adding in cliffs, may do that

LTC Crew (negotiable)

Have you ever done PHAT by Layne Norton? or PPL(use coolcicada's thread)? Or Canditos training?

Either of those will definitely help you. I'm a brosplitter and I make my own crazy ass workout regiments that work for me, but I've found most helpful PHAT.
    Ive ran canditos 6 week program twice. It was okay except for I prefer almost training exclusively in the lower rep range and during my last cycle i had stuff come up the last week of the cycle which caused me to perform badly due to lack of sleep..so I couldn't tell if I progressed or not. Have looked into PHAT although I train at home and dont have access to machines and don't have an adjustable bench either, just a flat bench. Haven't looked into ppl too much as I thought it was mainly hypertrophy oriented

LTC Crew (negotiable)

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justgenetics View Post
    Ive ran canditos 6 week program twice. It was okay except for I prefer almost training exclusively in the lower rep range and during my last cycle i had stuff come up the last week of the cycle which caused me to perform badly due to lack of sleep..so I couldn't tell if I progressed or not. Have looked into PHAT although I train at home and dont have access to machines and don't have an adjustable bench either, just a flat bench. Haven't looked into ppl too much as I thought it was mainly hypertrophy oriented
    and why cant you train light/hypertrophy on other days?
    Hehe

Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would hit http://www.jtsstrength.com/ next then. They have some insane programs that you can use. You may have to pay unless you're good at doing extensive and deep research, but I'm sure you'll find something. There are tons of workout programs out there, just gotta find what you want to do, and stick to it.
    How to stay MOTIVATED: Take it one day at a time, surround yourself with positivity, create a vision board, make S.M.A.R.T. goals, reward yourself, BELIEVE in yourself, acknowledge your positive attributes, recognize your progress, visualize accomplishing your goals, be kind to yourself, and above all - DON'T COMPARE yourself to others.

IG/Twitter: @liveestronger | ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(Chipotle Crew)((___) | ╰☆╮MWC╰☆╮| MFP: http://bit.ly/20klkwq | My Blog: http://bit.ly/1Q3RZRk

Originally Posted by IPlayRugby View Post
    and why cant you train light/hypertrophy on other days?
    since im currently following a program (texas method) apparently any other work on other days would hinder recovery. I also dont really enjoy training in high reps.. doesnt feel like it contributes much to strength gains which is all i really care about

LTC Crew (negotiable)

sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sammywatkins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Run smolov

since im currently following a program (texas method) apparently any other work on other days would hinder recovery. I also dont really enjoy training in high reps.. doesnt feel like it contributes much to strength gains which is all i really care about
    Combining low and high reps, especially at your age, will produce insane results if you stick with them.
    How to stay MOTIVATED: Take it one day at a time, surround yourself with positivity, create a vision board, make S.M.A.R.T. goals, reward yourself, BELIEVE in yourself, acknowledge your positive attributes, recognize your progress, visualize accomplishing your goals, be kind to yourself, and above all - DON'T COMPARE yourself to others.

IG/Twitter: @liveestronger | ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(Chipotle Crew)((___) | ╰☆╮MWC╰☆╮| MFP: http://bit.ly/20klkwq | My Blog: http://bit.ly/1Q3RZRk

I would hit http://www.jtsstrength.com/ next then. They have some insane programs that you can use. You may have to pay unless you're good at doing extensive and deep research, but I'm sure you'll find something. There are tons of workout programs out there, just gotta find what you want to do, and stick to it.
    thanks for all the help man I'll definitely look into the site, I should be able to get a gym membership in a few months and may also try out a program like PHAT

LTC Crew (negotiable)

You're welcome man. Good luck.

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    youre complaining about your routine but dont wanna change it? uwot

also if you think light assistance work doesn't help with strength then youre an idiot srs

edit: what are your current maxes?
    Hehe

arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) arn710 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I also dont really enjoy training in high reps.. doesnt feel like it contributes much to strength gains which is all i really care about
    You have a lot to learn young man
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165829701

Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan1021 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Holding you back from what?

Are you getting stronger/adding weight to your lifts every week?

Originally Posted by IPlayRugby View Post
    youre complaining about your routine but dont wanna change it? uwot

also if you think light assistance work doesn't help with strength then youre an idiot srs

edit: what are your current maxes?
    1 week shy of 7 months of lifting most ive done so far are..

deadlift 310x4
    squat 260x3
    bench 150x3

had form/other issues for the squat/bench for a long time, and yes i know that hypertrophy aids in strength gains although since I havent been lifting long it feels like training light wont benefit me nearly as much as lifting heavier more consistently

LTC Crew (negotiable)

Originally Posted by Ryan1021 View Post
    Holding you back from what?

Are you getting stronger/adding weight to your lifts every week?
    as in I could be making more progress lifting heavier more often since most intermediate programs are 3x/week and dont have you training in the higher percentages as often (madcows, texas method)

LTC Crew (negotiable)

Originally Posted by arn710 View Post
    You have a lot to learn young man
    yeah ik lol.. at this point im just trying to figure out if a minimalist aproach with constant progression is the most efficient way to gain strength..if so i will suck it up and just stick to a 3x/week program but I'm nowhere near experienced enough to create my own program/template

LTC Crew (negotiable)

imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also dont really enjoy training in high reps.. doesnt feel like it contributes much to strength gains which is all i really care about
    OG Misc Crew - 2006 Checking in

mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mCheech is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm running texas method now and I really like it.

I did make a couple small changes which could work for you.

-Instead of 3 days/wk, I go every other day, so you get a little more frequency in.
    -Because of this, I have a two way rotation on all my movements (not just bench). So I do squat/front squat, bench/incline bench, pendlay rows/pullups (I can't deadlift anymore)
    -On the intensity day, I work up to my 5rm, then I add even more weight and go for a heavy triple (if I am feeling good only, if I feel like chit, I don't do that set)
    -Added bicep curls to the recovery day ( you can add other stuff as long as it's not shoulders/triceps)
    -Added rear delt work to the intensity day

Volume day takes too long to add any other accessories. You don't need many accessories on this routine because mostly everything gets adequately hit except bis, which is why I added them into the recovery day. Triceps get hit very hard already, so no need for isolation there.

Are you sure ur running the routine correctly? I have been lifting for a while and the volume day beats me up pretty good. You're supposed to go 90% of your past week's 5RM, which is very difficult to do 25 total reps with. Could be my age, but after volume day I don't even want to see the gym for another 3 days.
    Last edited by mCheech; 01-08-2015 at 12:10 PM.

imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000) imoffg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Or...
    OG Misc Crew - 2006 Checking in

Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000) Barbarian440 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just reduce the number of reps per workout and go to the gym more frequently.

Then you can go more.

Work on endurance to make your workouts longer.

Also if you do enough deadlift reps, you can get a blood pressure high

Originally Posted by mCheech View Post
    I'm running texas method now and I really like it.

I did make a couple small changes which could work for you.

-Instead of 3 days/wk, I go every other day, so you get a little more frequency in.
    -Because of this, I have a two way rotation on all my movements (not just bench). So I do squat/front squat, bench/incline bench, pendlay rows/pullups (I can't deadlift anymore)
    -On the intensity day, I work up to my 5rm, then I add even more weight and go for a heavy triple (if I am feeling good only, if I feel like chit, I don't do that set)
    -Added bicep curls to the recovery day
    -Added rear delt work to the intensity day

Volume day takes too long to add any other accessories. You don't need many accessories on this routine because mostly everything gets adequately hit except bis, which is why I added them into the recovery day. Triceps get hit very hard already, so no need for isolation there.

Are you sure ur running the routine correctly? I have been lifting for a while and the volume day beats me up pretty good. You're supposed to go 90% of your past week's 5RM, which is very difficult to do 25 total reps with.
    do u mean that on intensity day u rotate between squat/front squat, bench/incline bench? i made quite a few changes to the original template and am benching every week on intensity day, heres what it currently looks like;

volume day
    squats 5x5
    bench 5x5
    deficit dl 1x5
    weighted pull ups 3x6
    close grip bench 3x8

recovery day
    squat 2x5
    ohp 3x5
    db row 2x10, 2x5

intensity day
    squat 1x5
    bench 1x5
    deadlift 1x5
    weighted chin up 3x8

dont do any tricep isolation as u mentioned and do rows on wednesday which hit biceps a bit.. attempting to progress 5lbs/week on squat/dl and 2.5lbs on bench. not sure if this template will be effective or not as im only on my second week of the program now

LTC Crew (negotiable)

Originally Posted by imoffg View Post
    Or...
    read above post lol.. obviously i realize the significance of higher rep work which is why i actually exceed 5 reps on some lifts on my current program

LTC Crew (negotiable)

irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) irish brah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Free bump.
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

*Official Misc Blue Eyes Crew*

BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000) BosshoggDBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    UB
    LB

UB
    LB

And in the weekend and extra day to work on weaknesses or go heavier in preparation for meets

The GOAT program
    PR's
    227,5kg squat
    132,5kg bench
    305kg deadlift

Third place at Dutch RAW Nationals -105kg class

supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000) supershopper is just really nice. (+1000)
    found this on the misc a while back:

upper power
    lower power
    rest
    push
    pull
    legs
    rest

personally I really enjoy a program that lets you train each body part twice a week, and feel like I got bigger, but it was too mentally straining for me. since it sounds like you can handle it and then some, this might work for you.

Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000) Mwizzle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in.gif

Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eterniity is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heyyy, good guy Misc actually helping OP, feelsgoodman.

Registered User HungryVenezuela's Avatar
    HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HungryVenezuela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep doing whatever routine you're making progress on now
    Divide the total weekly workload to 5-7 sessions
    Add 10 minutes of light endurance activity + 10 minutes of mobility work = match set game
    Only person worth quoting is yourself.