Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered Perma-bulker StevePT's Avatar
    StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

5/3/1. A journal of lifting and self development

So i've been lifting for around 3 years mainly for mass because i'm a skinny *******, never eaten properly or kept myself healthy in any way, been smoking for many years and the past few years regularly smoking bad stuff.

Suffered with mental problems as a result of my bad lifestyle and the only consistent thing I had was lifting, I just didn't back it up with diet/sleep, having been thinking about everything a lot the past few months I've gotten to the point where I NEED to change things in my life in order to feel happier and healthier, also help me to be successful since I feel slow, depressive, unmotivated etc.

Current stats / goals:
    Height - 6'1 / 187cm
    Weight - 77kg / 91kg
    BF% - 12-14%? / 15+/-%

My starting lifts / goals are as follows:
    Squat: 110kg / 140kg 5RM
    Bench: 92.5kg / 100kg 5RM
    Deadlift: 140kg / 180kg 5RM

Main goal is now to just be stronger and fitter so will be doing cardio regularly as well, long term goal of doing a half marathon at 8 minute/mile pace. Haven't trained for around a month so feeling very flat and weak at the moment but very determined to get back into into properly this time.

Supps:
    Zinc, B-Complex, Fish oil, multivitamin, BCAA, antioxidant.

Also been making smoothies daily since 4th, January and plan to do this every day for them health gains, todays one had spinach, apple, banana, blueberries, honey and ice which tasted better than I was expecting.

I started the program on Monday and it is a slightly modified version of wendler 5/3/1 with maybe 1 or 2 extra assistance exercises, doing my heavy sets with AMRAP. Lifting goals to be hit by May this year and the first few training cycles will be without the deload unless I feel like it's necessary.
    Attached Images
    IG - skootaloot

StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StevePT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Monday 5th, January

C1W1 Day1
    First day training and didn't feel too bad, did this at a new 24 hour gym I signed up to since it is more convenient and they've got a lot more equipment than I am used to. much busier though.

Standing military press:
    20x5
    30x5
    35x5
    40x5
    45x5
    No additional reps, this felt hard enough

Dips:
    BWx15x5

Wide grip pullups
    BWx12
    BWx10
    BWx9
    BWx8
    BWx8

No extra assistance work as the dips and pullups really took it out of me.
    Last edited by StevePT; 01-08-2015 at 07:10 AM.
    IG - skootaloot

Tuesday 6th, January

C1W1 Day2
    Was working all day up until midnight so took advantage of my new gym and trained from 1am-2.30am, the 4 mile cycle there and back was tough too.

Deadlift:
    60x5
    75x5
    90x5
    105x5
    120x7

Good morning:
    Haven't done these before so did it with a low weight, still felt hard on the latter sets.
    40x12x5

Hanging leg raises:
    BWx12x5

Hammer curls:
    12kg DBsx15x3

Dumbell rear delt flys:
    2kgx15x2
    These were to just get some squeeze on my rear delts

Notes
    My deadlift form needs a little improvement, back is kept straight throughout even when i'm fatigued but I seem to be locking out my legs too soon so will try to focus on my leg drive more next session.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W1 Day3

Warmed up with the simple 6 stretch/mobility routine, need to make sure my shoulders are ready for benching since i've had a lot of problems with shoulder dislocations in the past, had to quite lacrosse because of it so have to be particularly careful with this.

Bench press:
    20x5
    40x5
    60x5
    70x5
    80x7

Incline dumbell press:
    20kgx15x5
    Wasn't sure what weight to use as I have lifted a lot more on this before, went for what I thought would be easy 20kg dumbells but turned out perfectly, the last reps on the last set were at failure so i'm happy with this.

Bent over dumbell row:
    22.5x10x5

Overhead rope extensions:
    Cable setting 8x15x3
    This is my favourite tricep exercise so there's no way i'm excluding it from this program, fits in nicely after benching as I have until monday for their recovery, took minute and a half rests on this since I had to close up the gym and leave. Excited for squats tomorrow, get to test out my new lifting shoes as well which should hugely help with depth having long femurs.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W1 Day4

Definitely felt how detrained I am with squats today, just about hit my numbers but it was seriously taxing, after the leg press I thought ah crap 5 sets of hamstring curls with still very sore hamstrings and glutes from the deadlifts and good mornings on tuesday, did it and stuck to my rest periods and felt awesome after having completed everything, no additional assistance today but may put in some calves if I don't feel too exhausted after my next squat sessions.

Warmup with limber 11

Squats:
    20x5
    60x5
    70x5
    82.5x5
    92.5x5

Leg press (count plates on machine for weight):
    13x15x5

Seated hamstring curls:
    45x10x5
    IG - skootaloot

CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CodyH1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    GJDM keep at it.

Originally Posted by CodyH1234 View Post
    GJDM keep at it.
    Thanks men, planning on this being a long term thing!
    IG - skootaloot

C1W2 Day1

It's been a week now without smoking tobacco or herb, I feel much more energetic and i'm able to eat as soon as I wake up which I wasn't able to do before, I would often skip breakfast because I wasn't hungry then go hours without eating, now i'm having breakfast everyday normally either a big bowl of oats if i'm in a rush or a 6 egg, cheese and bacon omelette if I have time, also a fruit shake everyday. When i'm at work and I have a gap with nothing to do I get serious cravings to smoke and I can feel myself getting very irritable, this is where my vape is coming in very handy.

Did my first cardio session last night which was very tough, I have mild asthma and I really set it off with a short brisk jog, I think I did around 2km without stopping at quite a fast pace and was struggling to breath after, avoiding using my inhaler as well so I don't become reliant on it every time after cardio. Had a cold bath after which seemed to help relax my body and lungs but fuking hell was it cold, extremities tucked up inside for a bit!

Anyway did press today which felt awesome, getting my strength back very quickly as you'll see comparing today to last week and generally feeling far less lazy.

Standing military press:
    20x5
    30x5
    37.5x3
    42,5x3
    50x7

Dips:
    BWx15x5

Pullups (decided not to go failure on 1st set so to keep reps consistent through sets):
    BWx10x5

Cable flys (adding these in because I love the pump and wanted something else for my chest other than bench and db incline):
    cable setting 4x15x3 1.5 minute rest

Also worth noting that I take 2 minutes rest on every exercise apart from some assistance where it may be 1.5 mins, the only exercise I take a longer rest on is deadlifts as it is very taxing, so have 3 minutes between sets.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W2 Day2

Had another late deadlift session today, feel like this only person with safe form at this gym despite it being very popular, every other person I see deadlifting is completely rounding their back like injury is their main goal, I don't work at this gym so it isn't my responsibility to tell people what they are doing is wrong but I wouldn't want to see someone snap their chit up when I could have done something to prevent it, just don't want to be that guy at the gym who corrects others..

I was expecting to lift a lot more reps today but didn't, used my lifting shoes for deads which was possibly a reason why so will go back to barefoot or buy some flats for them.

Deadlifts:
    60x5
    80x5
    100x3
    112.5x3
    125x5

Good morning:
    45x10x5

Hanging leg raises:
    BWx13x5

Hammer curls:
    14kgx12x3

Superset with DB rear delt flys:
    4kgx12x3

Disappointed with deads, was expecting around 8 reps. Bumped up the assistance which was hard but doable, will stick with the same weights and increase reps on them next time.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W2 Day3

Current weight - 79.5kg

Warm up with simple 6

Bench:
    20x5
    50x5
    65x3
    75x3
    85x6

Incline DB press:
    22.5x12x5

DB row:
    25x10x5

Overhead rope extension:
    cable 9x12x3

Wide-grip barbell shrug:
    60x12x3
    IG - skootaloot

C1W2 Day4

Today was awesome, went in quite skeptical on how squats would go if I would even be able to do the heavy set after only just getting 5 reps of 92.5kg last week, but through bulking as hard as I have i've regained my strength very quickly and couldn't help but smile after the last set of squats since it went so well.

Warmup with limber 11

Squats:
    20x5
    60x5
    77.5x3
    87.5x3
    100x6

Leg press:
    Machine setting 14x15x5

Seated leg curl:
    45x12x5

Leg extension:
    50x12x3

Got home to a chinese takeaway, chitloads of chilli beef, prawn rice, ribs, chicken etc. Love how fast i'm making gains but will stick to the program and not get ahead of myself by bumping up the weight too much at the end of each cycle, last thing I want is injury so slow and steady suits me nicely.

On a side note this is the longest i've gone without green since I started over 2 years ago, feeling like I have more energy and whether or not it's a placebo I feel like I respond quicker to questions and generally feel better in myself, still struggling to sleep and only getting around 6-7 hours a night but i'm sure i'll relax into the new lifestyle and start sleeping better soon enough.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W3 Day1

Did another run over the weekend which I timed, not sure on the distance but it's mapped as 1.6 miles. did it in 13.33, time doesn't really matter right now as i'm going to gradually increase the distance staying at the same pace. Lungs really struggling to get back to normal after running especially when it's so cold at the moment without using an inhaler, just sit there and deal with the wheezing until it passes so I can hopefully get used to it.

Birthday today, been feeling unbelievably motivated recently. After each set i'm urging the timer to go off again so I can get back in it feels awesome.

Warmup simple 6

Standing military press:
    20x5
    30x5
    40x5
    45x3
    52.5x6

Dips:
    BW+5kgx15x5

Pullups:
    BWx11x5

Cable flys:
    5x15x3

Seems that my press has been a little underestimated, don't want to move up too quickly but at the same time doing 6 reps on my 1+ set means it needs to go up a bit more, won't be deloading next week so it's straight in on cycle 2. I'll reassess all weights over the weekend so that it will be more in tune with reaching my goals.
    IG - skootaloot

Yes, I'm in PJs-- waddup. mitchmcdee's Avatar
    mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very similar strengths and goals mate! Subbed! Keen to see you progress keep up the good work!
    Training Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166040691

Just trying to add some mass, build an appreciable physique and increase my lifts!

▪█──────█▪

Originally Posted by mitchmcdee View Post
    Very similar strengths and goals mate! Subbed! Keen to see you progress keep up the good work!
    Thanks man, i'll be watching your thread closely!
    IG - skootaloot

C1W3 Day2

Yet again a late session after work, 1.30-3am.

Weight - 81kg

Warm up limber 11

Deadlifts:
    60x5
    80x5
    105x5
    120x3
    132.5x5

Good mornings:
    45x12x5

Hanging leg raise:
    BWx13x5

Hammer curls:
    14x15x3

Superset with
    Rear dumbell fly:
    4x15x3

Deadlifts felt better barefoot compared to last week wearing my lifting shoes, could have squeezed another 1 or 2 reps out on the 1+ set but didn't want to sacrifice form, still feel happy with how it went though. Hanging leg raises burn my forearms after deads, probably the biggest pump I get on this day!
    IG - skootaloot

Going to be doing cardio every wednesday when i'm not weight training on top of the weekend, since I spend most weekends with the gf I only get the opportunity to do my run on 1 of the days hence doing it on wednesdays now.

Last 1 did 1.6miles, last night did 1.8miles. Panting hard and wheezing for a good 30 mins after which isn't good nor comfortable but I think it's a combination of the smokers lungs, asthma and the bitter cold at the moment. Hopefully as it warms up a bit and the longer I go without smoking + training my cardio my lungs will be back to no wheezing. My asthma was only ever a slight problem when I'm suffering with hayfever or around furry animals i'm not used to so wish I could get back to that eventually, still not going to use my inhaler in fear of becoming reliant on it, I won't be stupid though and if I seriously can't breath i'll have no choice.
    Benching later after work, got some new wrist wraps for my birthday which i'll try out, should help take some pressure off of my tiny girly wrists.
    IG - skootaloot

C1W3 Day3

Bench day, hadn't eaten much since i've been at work then had a circuit class before I could train, didn't seem to negatively effect me though.

Bench:
    20x5
    50x5
    70x5
    80x3
    90x6

Incline DB press:
    22.5x13x5

DB row:
    27.5x10x5

OH rope extension:
    9x15x3

Wide grip BB shrugs:
    70x10x3

SS with plate lateral raises:
    10kgx10x3

Very weird how last week I did 85x6 on bench then today did 90x6, last rep was a grinder but still that's insane progress, fukkin chuffed with that. Only increased DB incline by 1 rep each set, might shoot for 15 next week depending on how I feel since 13 through all sets wasn't too hard. Will have to increase DB row again since each time I increase weight it still feels the same difficulty, dem gains.

It seriously feels like noob gains again which I really wasn't expecting, got home and stuffed my face with 4 chicken breasts and rice, can't be slacking on the diet now since it's the sole reason for my huge improvements.
    IG - skootaloot

mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mitchmcdee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice lifts man! That's some crazy strength you're developing! Definitely need to up my game ahahah.

I gym barefoot (when I can ), absolutely love it for heavy, grounded lifts-- feels so much more stable and comfortable aye

Keep eating and the gains will keep on coming! I'm bulking to 85 before cutting-- I'll race ya in weight till then

Just trying to add some mass, build an appreciable physique and increase my lifts!

▪█──────█▪

Nice lifts man! That's some crazy strength you're developing! Definitely need to up my game ahahah.

I gym barefoot (when I can ), absolutely love it for heavy, grounded lifts-- feels so much more stable and comfortable aye

Keep eating and the gains will keep on coming! I'm bulking to 85 before cutting-- I'll race ya in weight till then
    Good to have some competition with someone with similar stats, since my brother went to uni i'm lifting alone so could use an extra push from someone on the same level

I noticed you're doing AMRAP and BBB for your 5/3/1, don't you find you get burnt out a bit or is it a slightly more advanced version of 5/3/1 and isn't considered too much?
    IG - skootaloot

C1W3 Day4

Last day of this cycle and it didn't go exactly to plan, weight felt heavy on warmup sets and could tell it wasn't going to be as smooth as previous days, went for it anyway and will have to make a few adjustments.

Squats:
    20x5
    60x5
    82.5x5
    92.5x3
    105x4

Form felt off and was angry at myself for not doing better, gonna use this to come back stronger. Did BBB instead of leg press to try and work on form and see exactly what stance is better.

Squats BBB:
    60x10x5

Laying hamstring curls (seated curls were taken so had to improvise):
    30x15x5

Leg extension (machine taken, had to use end of bench addon with plates):
    30x15x3

Can't be too hard on myself since I still got 4 reps on the 1+ set, but I think I need to squat more frequently to see gains, since I was on a 5x5 before squatting 3 times a week I saw great gains in that area so I might incorporate front squats into my deadlift day, either as 3 set assistance or 5 sets instead in place of leg raises since it will be working my core quite hard. Will decide over the weekend what I will do with weights.
    IG - skootaloot

Originally Posted by StevePT View Post
    Good to have some competition with someone with similar stats, since my brother went to uni i'm lifting alone so could use an extra push from someone on the same level

I noticed you're doing AMRAP and BBB for your 5/3/1, don't you find you get burnt out a bit or is it a slightly more advanced version of 5/3/1 and isn't considered too much?
    It was suggested for me to do AMRAP for the first couple of weeks while the weights are relatively light-- by about cycle 3 or 4 though I'll probably be figĥting for every rep though ahahaha so it will eventually fade out... what do you mean by BBB? (still a newbie to all these terms bahaha)

▪█──────█▪

It was suggested for me to do AMRAP for the first couple of weeks while the weights are relatively light-- by about cycle 3 or 4 though I'll probably be figĥting for every rep though ahahaha so it will eventually fade out... what do you mean by BBB? (still a newbie to all these terms bahaha)
    Yea i'm not looking forward to the fading out point, hopefully got a good few cycles in me before that happens though.

BBB - Boring But Big, I read that for doing the wendler 5/3/1 you can either do AMRAP on the + set or stick to the rep it says and instead do BBB, which would be 5 sets of 10 reps at 50-60% of training max which isn't very strenuous but works in overloading the muscles.

I also read that it is best to do either 1 or the other, but I guess doing both is a slightly more advanced way of doing the program, may have to give it a go.
    IG - skootaloot

Originally Posted by StevePT View Post
    Yea i'm not looking forward to the fading out point, hopefully got a good few cycles in me before that happens though.

BBB - Boring But Big, I read that for doing the wendler 5/3/1 you can either do AMRAP on the + set or stick to the rep it says and instead do BBB, which would be 5 sets of 10 reps at 50-60% of training max which isn't very strenuous but works in overloading the muscles.

I also read that it is best to do either 1 or the other, but I guess doing both is a slightly more advanced way of doing the program, may have to give it a go.
    By BBB for me do you mean my supplementary exercises? I do things like pause rep sets to help with my sticking point at the base of the movement-- and other exercises to just further stimulate and overwork the muscle like you said. I personally find I have a hell of a lot of energy in the tank throughout the entirety of my workout so doing such overload combined with AMRAP doesn't really affect me ahahaha. If you feel the need for more work definitely give it a go! Just perform within your limits I reckon, listen to what your body wants hey ahah

▪█──────█▪

By BBB for me do you mean my supplementary exercises? I do things like pause rep sets to help with my sticking point at the base of the movement-- and other exercises to just further stimulate and overwork the muscle like you said. I personally find I have a hell of a lot of energy in the tank throughout the entirety of my workout so doing such overload combined with AMRAP doesn't really affect me ahahaha. If you feel the need for more work definitely give it a go! Just perform within your limits I reckon, listen to what your body wants hey ahah
    I'm gonna have a go at pause reps on the squats since my form is lacking in the hole, I go ATG which I think i'm still getting used to, didn't like only going to parallel and reps being questionable, prefer more ROM. Will substitute leg press for BBB paused squats to work on it.

Never really went by how my body feels, I was on a Push Pull Legs routine 6 days a week overloading myself without eating enough, surprised I didn't pick up any significant injuries, since my diet is pretty much on point now I can play around with things and see how I feel after and how it affects my progress through each cycle, 1 big learning curve!
    IG - skootaloot

C1W1 Day 1

First day on the second cycle, didn't have the deload since it's only the start and I think I can hack another 1, will probably deload after this 1. Weight today was 80kg which tends to fluctuate as I go to train at various times in the day whether i've had 1 meal or 4 meals, don't have decent scales at home so have to weigh myself at the gym instead.

OHP:
    20x5
    30x5
    40x5
    45x5
    50x10
    Wasn't expecting this many, got 7 reps 2 weeks ago so that's an improvement i'm very happy with.

Weighted dips:
    +10kgx12x5

Wide pullups:
    BWx12x5
    These were seriously hard, wanted to up the reps and payed for it in sets 4 and 5 to keep it consistent, forearms were burningggg.

Cable flys:
    6x12x3
    Squeeze at the end of each rep, the pump is insane.

Great way to start the new cycle, that 50kg just kept going up, short term goal is to rep 60kg which should next cycle. OHP has been going up quickly and so has bench so I don't think any particular changes need to be made to these 2 days, unlike deads and squats.. Tomorrow is deadlifts which is going to be the hardest most taxing day of each week but i'm look forward to it anyway, will be fun.
    IG - skootaloot

Another run tonight since I didn't go over the weekend, kept eating too much and it sitting in my stomach, if I had tried to run it would have come straight up. Didn't time this one but increased the distance, a slightly longer route at 2.1 miles, lungs stayed clear for longer and wasn't so wheezy at the end, took less time for my lungs to return to normal after as well which is a great sign, excited to be able to run much further without any breathing issues as I feel my lungs limit me way before my body.
    IG - skootaloot

C2W1 Day2

Last nights deadlift session, changed quite a lot around for this in terms of assistance exercises and it was as tiring, if no more so, than I thought. After the front squats my body felt completely shattered since i'm not used to so much deadlifting, left the gym at 3am and nearly fell asleep on the bus, luckily didn't otherwise would've ended up further away than I started!

Deadlifts:
    60x5
    80x5
    97.5x5
    112.5x5
    127.5x8

Deficit deadlifts:
    (Stood on a 20kg plate for this, I think it's around 2 inches in depth)
    80x10x3

Front squats:
    60x5x3
    Core felt seriously taxed after these, struggling to breath directly after each set

Hammer curls:
    16x12x3

Superset with rear dumbell fly:
    6x12x3

This time last cycle got 120kgx7 on the 5+ set and managed 127.5x8 this time so a clear improvement, doing 3 set deficit deads instead of 5 set good mornings, may do more sets of deficits to get that volume in on my hammys. 3 sets front squats in place of 5 set leg raises, don't believe I need more sets on this but will increase reps each time since 5 isn't enough in terms of volume. Happy with how it went, back is feeling very sore today though, not so much my hamstrings.
    IG - skootaloot

C2W1 Day3

Went for another run last night, normally run at around the same pace and i've gradually increased the distance, definitely felt the improvement again in my lungs, didn't realise quite how much the smoking was affecting my overall fitness so i'm glad to be rid of it. Still not timing but did 2.7 miles, still haven't had to stop yet on any of the runs I just grit my teeth and bare it, got back and my knees were on fire, hadn't felt that in years.

Anyway on to bench today which went awesomely yet again.

Bench:
    20x5
    50x5
    62.5x5
    72.5x5
    82.5x11 (...?? Got 80x7 3 weeks ago, had to check the bar was loaded with the right weights after out of disbelief, whatever i'm doing with my bench and press days it's working beautifully!)

Incline dumbell bench:
    22.5x15x5
    Yep yep will have to up the weight again.

Dumbell row:
    27.5x12x5

Overhead cable extension:
    cable setting 10x10
    10x10
    10x12 (will do 12 reps each set next week)

Wide grip barbell shrug:
    75x10x3

Superset with plate lateral raises:
    10x12x3

According to 1rm calculator I should be very close to reaching my goal of 100x5, was not expecting any of my goals to be reached so quickly, just need squat to go up loads being my main goal!
    IG - skootaloot

C2W1 Day4

Changed up a few things with squat day that should help, been experimenting a bit with low bar squats with a wider stance but hadn't tried it with proper weight, tried it today and the bar path felt a lot more comfortable. Also I normally use hamstring curl and leg extension resistance machine but they are a little off and 1 side is a bit lower than the other which will probably change contraction doing it week in week out so have changed to the plate loaded bench addon so the contraction is more symmetrical.

Low bar squat:
    20x5
    60x5
    72.5x5
    85x5
    95x10

High bar squats (1 second pause):
    55x10x5

Laying hamstring curl:
    40x10x5

Leg extension:
    40x12x3
    IG - skootaloot

C2W2 Day1 Press 3+

Picked up a cold just before the weekend which has been annoying going through packs of tissues a day and feeling less energetic but went in today after loading up on coffee intent on making more gains.

Standing press:
    20x5
    30x5
    40x3
    47.5x3
    55x8

Dips:
    +15x12x5

Weighted pullups:
    +10x6x5

Cable flys:
    6x15x3

Put more weight on the dips aiming for around 10 reps but the first set went up fairly easily so went with 12 reps each set, these are going up substantially each week and i'm pretty sure they are one of the reasons for my gains in press and bench. I have stalled on my pullups in the past whilst using a weighted belt so will keep the progress on this slow, could have maybe got 8 reps each set but 6 felt good and steady so will probably increase the reps by 1 each week until I hit 12.

Press continues to go up fast, looking forward to the next cycle to see how much I can rep with 60kg. I haven't felt such improvements since I made my noob gains 2 years ago, I started on a uninformed bro split and never tried a proper strength program so I guess I'm making my strength noob gains, only care now about getting strong not about size.
    IG - skootaloot