kareem279 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What to do after Shortcut To Shred?

I'm going to finish Jim Stoppani's six-week Shortcut To Shred in a few days (I'm in day 34) and I wanted to know which program to follow after. Do I go with Shortcut To Size (as I was very impressed with Jim's general workout approach philosophy)? Also, I still need to shed a few pounds, so would it be wise to repeat Shortcut to Shred, or will my body be adapted to it by now?
    (I'm 19, male, 220lbs, 6'2")

Sorry for long post..
    For tl;dr >>After shortcut to shred do I.. a)shortcut to size..b)shortcut to shred again..c)other

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't waste time on those silly programs. Do something like Starting Strength or Stronglifts or ICF 5x5.
    If you want to shed a few pounds, the program doesn't matter- the diet is what matters. Eat at a deficit of about 500 calories and get on a good routine, and you'll be good.
    Also, what do you mean by "adapt to the program"? As long as you use progressive overload, you will continue to see progress.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP, those trainers are made for companies to market their products more effectively. Get on a proven program designed by an expert like ICF, or Fierce 5, and don't switch until you can no longer handle the progression.
    My lifts:
    Bench: 275x1
    Squat: 315x4
    Deadlift: 405x1
    Military: 155x1

I googled all the programs you mentioned (thanks for that btw) and, although they all seem very promising in terms of making gains, I prefer for the meanwhile something more frequent like 5-6 days a week, it just makes me feel more comfortable and focused (and less sore). I am on a caloric deficit of 400 now (low carbs) and also taking lipo-6 fat burner.
    I'm just thinking if I re-do the program my body won't respond as well as it did the first time I did it, thus causing me to lose less fat than I could've lost on another weight loss program...knowamsayin'?

Originally Posted by superpumphenry View Post
    OP, those trainers are made for companies to market their products more effectively. Get on a proven program designed by an expert like ICF, or Fierce 5, and don't switch until you can no longer handle the progression.
    Honestly, I don't care as long as it actually worked for me. And as I said these programs aren't frequent enough for me, however, who knows? I might try them one day, just not now. Also, what do you mean by "no longer handle the progression"?

superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superpumphenry is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kareem279 View Post
    Honestly, I don't care as long as it actually worked for me. And as I said these programs aren't frequent enough for me, however, who knows? I might try them one day, just not now. Also, what do you mean by "no longer handle the progression"?
    When you can't recover enough to keep progressing at the rate that the programs have you progress on.
    My lifts:
    Bench: 275x1
    Squat: 315x4
    Deadlift: 405x1
    Military: 155x1

TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBeastTyler is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I googled all the programs you mentioned (thanks for that btw) and, although they all seem very promising in terms of making gains, I prefer for the meanwhile something more frequent like 5-6 days a week, it just makes me feel more comfortable and focused (and less sore). I am on a caloric deficit of 400 now (low carbs) and also taking lipo-6 fat burner.
    I'm just thinking if I re-do the program my body won't respond as well as it did the first time I did it, thus causing me to lose less fat than I could've lost on another weight loss program...knowamsayin'?
    Okay, we told you what would be optimal for progress, but if you don't think you'd enjoy those programs, feel free to do whatever you like. Also, people run programs a bunch of times over, so you don't need to worry about the diminishing returns being that bad if it's only the second time through.
    Feb 1, 2013 (started getting serious)/Current maxes at bw of 156-162lbs

Bench 205x3 (went back up about two inches before touching chest)/300
    Squat 230x5 (half squat)/350 (below parallel)
    Deadlift 185x5/475

Cutting [ ]
    Bulking [ X ]
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159776261&p=1197756951#post1197756951

Yea I think I will re-do the program see if I still enjoy it. If I get bored I might try the ICF for a month or so. Is it ok though to do high intensity cardio on rest days while on ICF or similar programs, or will that stall the progression?

aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aldiba94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with the previous posters. These trainers just seem to overcomplicate things. Follow a simple program that is suitable for your experience level and focus on progressive overload while adjusting your diet according to your goals. Keep it simple.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm going to finish Jim Stoppani's six-week Shortcut To Shred in a few days (I'm in day 34) and I wanted to know which program to follow after. Do I go with Shortcut To Size (as I was very impressed with Jim's general workout approach philosophy)? Also, I still need to shed a few pounds, so would it be wise to repeat Shortcut to Shred, or will my body be adapted to it by now?
    (I'm 19, male, 220lbs, 6'2")

Sorry for long post..
    For tl;dr >>After shortcut to shred do I.. a)shortcut to size..b)shortcut to shred again..c)other
    A real one.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson