pepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training problem...

This might be a little long (too long for some people...maybe) but i really need advice or atleast constructive input so i can figure out what to do.

I use to be a big time lower body lifter. Still have 2 or 3 of the records at my HS (squat, powerclean and sled press). Anyway, for a time period of 2 years i quit lifting weights b/c i got depressed at my dad's death and gained immense amounts of fat too (120 lbs). I've started to work out again, joined a gym and getting my life and my body back. Now, i've lost about 70 lbs of that and i'm still progressing but i've come to a huge snag. When i joined the gym i guess i jumped in a little too strong b/c when i was stretching my legs (sitting down...feet straight and spread....bending towards right leg) i heard a pop and i hurt something. It wasn't painful but i decided to be careful and just lay off the legs for a bit. After a few days this huge pain came out in my lower right hip (outer edge of the hamstring) and the muscle just woudln't stop throbbing. Also, my right calf is half the size now...the outer muscle head is almost completely gone....so my right calf is really weak in comparison. I don't have insurance or anything so never got checked out but it sure would be nice to know exactly what happened.

This is my problem...after trying to rehab my flexibility (b/c that's what caused the tear in my right leg) i finally gained what i thought was 90% or more of it back....and started adding squats and other lower body exercises slowly. After 2 months of light weight (185lbs) i decided to add some weight (225lbs...was nothing to me back in the day). On my third leg day after this...i noticed i still didn't have that last bit of flexibility and i decided to go down a little further and on my last set, last rep my right hamstring tore. The injury ended up hurting my lower back too but i visited a chiropractor the same day and he took care of the back in two weeks. But now, left witht he leg injury. That was about 3 months ago (whole summer..sucks )and i'm back and looking to add lower body to my routine so i can finally get my old body and life back fully. But wtf, my leg is gay lol. My calf will not develop fully (the inside muscle's awesome but the outside is gone...hence barely any real strength in my right calf) and i'm afraid of doing squats b/c i don't wanna injure again.

When i work out my calf it becomes very stiff and i think that's what pulled and caused the injury to my hamstring. Although, i feel on my right hip that something isn't right either...as if a muscle or something got separated from there.

Any clues, ideas? I believe i can still do squats but am i stuck on going half way down only for the rest of my life? Anyone have any experience with this?
    "People don't plan to fail. People simply just fail to plan."

user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try finding a doctor who is experienced in weightlifting injuries, no one here is qualified to help you with a serious leg injury.

I doubt anyone here would be qualified yes..but i was really just asking for experience if anyone's come close to something like this..tell their tale.

Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds very familiar, but before I tell you what happend to me when that exact "pop" happen, I need to ask one thing:

Did your leg swell up the next day at all? Turn blue/black?

The answer to that question might be your answer. If you say "Yes", I know exactly what you did (from experience). If you say "No", then I really can't be much help. So its a 50/50 shot.

no it sure didn't..not that i notcied. I figure it could have but i guess that's why i don't really understand the issue at all hehe

Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike Mahler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Find an ART practitioner in your area

They are excellent for sports related injuries and have many non invasive rehab methods. Go to www.activerelease.com to find one in your area.

Mike Mahler
    Mike Mahler
    www.mikemahler.com
    mahler25@yahoo.com