Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

343 NAILED IT with Halo 5. (srs)

Halo had to evolve. Despite crying *******s, it couldn't just keep being a Halo 2 reskin with snail pace gameplay and grenade spamming. Actually they gave you that,H2A. 343 nailed it. They finally evolved Halo while keeping it... Halo. The old guard can cry and call it CoD, but they made Halo more accessible while also keeping it what made it great.

1. Sprint/Movement

Sprint was always a problem in Halo. Myself I could play the old games just fine but many modern gamers felt no sprint was archaic and slow. however in Reach and 4, sprint completley messed up the battles, people who got caught out of position could just run away with no penalty. It really created some annoying gameplay.

By simply adding in one feature, 343 has nailed this. Shields don't recharge while sprinting. Now sprint becomes something that you actually have to think about. Do I run away from this ambush, try to create distance, and risk not having shields, or do I try to hide/walk around cover and let my shields recharge? Also now you can chase someone who is oneshot and they will not be able to recover their shields while they flee from you.

Another great thing about sprint is that it allows you to get back in the action quickly. No more spawning and walking around on huge maps taking forever to get back in the action. However, despite this, during actual gunfights, sprint is rarely used due to your shields not recharging, so basically the gunfights actually retain that classic halo feel without sprint interfering. It's a great balance.

The Jet Dash and other things also create fun gameplay. It's awesome to juke a kid at the last second as he tries to get the headshot, or jet back as a sword lunger rushes you. I'm not big on the hover thing however.

2. Power Weapons/Call outs

Power weapons are always a big part of halo. They kept the game flowing and stopped people from just camping around. However most people were not hardcore enough to memorize respawn timers and locations of power weapons on every map. The power weapon announcements actually change nothing, but put everyone on even foot. Now even the casual has a chance to fight that pro for the sniper or sword, instead of before the casual would have no idea the weapon was even spawning and get rocked. Also the game emphasizes power weapons. "control power weapons and dominate the team." This gets even new halo players to understand that the game is not meant to be played like CoD, but like Halo. you aren't meant to camp, you are meant to control the map and control the power weapons.

The callouts also help out solo players/casuals. A good team with real life communication is still going to come out on top, but now when playing with randoms you are not in the dark during matches. Also with all the spartans yelling things like "nice assist" and calling out locations, it emphasizes the game is a team game. It makes you feel good. No longer are you like "wow he stole my kill." You really feel the team aspect of halo and it creates a good atmosphere.

3. Weapon Sandbox

Halo 5 so far seems to be trying to create a much wider weapon sandbox. While Purists and MLG tryhards on this board might cry about this, it really creates more interesting gameplay. While I enjoyed competitive BR battles, I have done that for years. IT's nice to have more weapons to use.

The AR/SMG aren't just crap weapons you toss away any chance anymore. They perform a role in CQC. Even Walshy would pull out his AR to mow down a kid who got too close and too cocky with his BR/DMR. This creates more interesting gameplay because you actually have to think about what weapons to use at what time. Unlike Halo 2 where you pretty much were just BR dueling every single match unless you picked up a power weapon. A good BR/DMR is still neccessary to be good, but the other weapons now have roles as well.

cliffs:
    - Halo 5 is fuking great
    *** Disregard neutrons and electrons, acquire protons crew ***
    *** No Hymen No Diamond crew ***

khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) khaki_man has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The beta is pretty damn good. Went 23 - 2 in like my 5th game and man did it feel good. Brought back some serious Combat Evolved nostalgia for some reason.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice breakdown man. I'll be aiming to get an Xbox One just for this.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agree except for #2. Spartan Chatter is fine but it should NOT include player callouts or weapon announcements.

One compromise would be to simply not have these things in competitive gametypes.

Or, nix player callouts altogether and nerf weapon announcements so they're only ~10 seconds before power weapons spawn.
    HTC

STEMcel

Xboxcel

Returning some videotapes Midgetkiller's Avatar
    Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I must say, Halo finally looks like a good game instead of a very average game that gets blown out of the water by the competition. Also an excellent climate for release because there's jack shet on XBox One in terms of shooters atm except for BF4. (do not mention lag of duty pls)
    Permanent reminder that MBisonSon is a fgt => https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181456073
    Permanent reminder of his cowardly and embarrassing response => https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181466023 (if this link is dead, the cuckening is complete)

but please, call me chr- KILLdante's Avatar
    KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KILLdante has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah no thanks. You pretty much highlighted the areas that I hate. Halo doesn't need sprint and if you can't remember when the power weapons drop(which is easy as fuk & you don't need to be hardcore to know that lmfao), tough ****. The AR was never a throw away weapon either unless you had a power weapon + BR so wtfmane.

BR dueling made multiplayer fun. Just like AWP battling in CS:GO. It's a true test of gun skill.

I hate to say it but the series is coming to an end quickly. I'd be surprised if we get 2 more games from 343.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nailed the final nail in the coffin of the series???
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FeralBeast has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RaibeartBruis View Post
    Agree except for #2. Spartan Chatter is fine but it should NOT include player callouts or weapon announcements.

One compromise would be to simply not have these things in competitive gametypes.

Or, nix player callouts altogether and nerf weapon announcements so they're only ~10 seconds before power weapons spawn.
    it just isn't a big deal though, brah.
    eventually everyone semi-decent at the game would have figured out the weapon spawn locations/timings anyway.

this just makes it so that you almost always have to fight for a power weapon
    which is fine imo.

who cares if noobs also know where/when they spawn?
    If you're good, you'll get the power weapon. and it'll be well deserved.

Originally Posted by KILLdante View Post
    Yeah no thanks. You pretty much highlighted the areas that I hate. Halo doesn't need sprint and if you can't remember when the power weapons drop(which is easy as fuk & you don't need to be hardcore to know that lmfao), tough ****. The AR was never a throw away weapon either unless you had a power weapon + BR so wtfmane.

BR dueling made multiplayer fun. Just like AWP battling in CS:GO. It's a true test of gun skill.

I hate to say it but the series is coming to an end quickly. I'd be surprised if we get 2 more games from 343.
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Nailed the final nail in the coffin of the series???
    Something tells me you guys haven't played the beta.
    i was sceptical as fuk too. especially since I was pissed at 343 for all the connection problems at MCC launch.

but they delivered on this.
    play the game before passing judgement

jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdizzle15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agree with all you said but felt the campaign game play was poverty in areas because of the Prometheans being such rubbish enemies, killing the knights just felt like a grind.

EDIT: Read as Halo 4 for some reason. Oh well probably still applies.

Tom Brady = G.O.A.T liftTENhard's Avatar
    liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    whats the difference between halo and cod now?

answer nothing

also enjoy ur 720p
    Always carry metric sockets in pocket to throw @ cagers krew
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    ★★~~★★$99 HP TouchPad Krew★★~~★★
    ☆ ☆ ☆ OAT CREW #treefiddy ^_^ ☆ ☆ ☆
    █☆★☆Boston Misc Crew☆★☆█(RIP)
    ☆★* KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE *★☆
    + 92B +(RIP)

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    RL;dr

Halo 5. I need no other explanation to open my wallet
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."

PSN: mrawdtsi
    XBL: Xxmr4wdTRDxX

Munchin leaves since 87 StrikingMoose's Avatar
    StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrikingMoose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jdizzle15 View Post
    Agree with all you said but felt the campaign game play was poverty in areas because of the Prometheans being such rubbish enemies, killing the knights just felt like a grind.

EDIT: Read as Halo 4 for some reason. Oh well probably still applies.

Ya srs covenant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> flood > prometheans

Worst gaming enemy IMO

Originally Posted by liftTENhard View Post
    whats the difference between halo and cod now?

answer nothing

also enjoy ur 720p
    I feel like the morons who say this game plays like CoD haven't even played CoD.

It's almost as bad as saying BF4 plays like CoD.

dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dMentor23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    agreed with AR. all the people complaining about it being OP, aka "i'm actually dying to it so it must be OP since the guy who killed me with AR, and anyone who uses AR sucks"

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's better then I thought it would be. I didn't think halo 4 was that bad either. Not halos finest game but was still better then any other fps out there at the time.

5 should be great. Mp beta is solid and the campaign is Gunna be awesome.

The game needed to evolve. As goat as halo 2/3 were they need things like abilities to mix it up a bit. I'm not a hard core fps player like I was in his during the halo 3 days. I don't mind them adding stuff like armor abilities and what not. Power weapon timers are good. They give everyone the same chance of getting them. I play alot of games... Ain't no one trying to memorize spawn timers on a dozen different maps
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FeralBeast View Post
    I feel like the morons who say this game plays like CoD haven't even played CoD.

ive played pretty much all the CoDs and every halo. and yes this halo is alot like a cod clone. deal with it
    "I dont mean bitch in a disrespectful way, I mean bitch as a general term for women" Kratos, son of Zues
    PC+Xbox1+PS4+WiiU true master race. Can't we all get along?
    ***Tom Clancy's: The Division "Kill all betas"/Survival of the Fittest*** Crew
    I will take your stuff in darkzone even if you are my friend, deal with it.

didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) didact117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm happy that most of the community are positive about this game.

Too bad i can't enjoy the beta cuz i don't have xbox one yet.

Oh well i'll wait till fall this year.

Also a question: how are the graphics, is it a good improvement over Halo 4's, i really can't judge from bad quality youtube videos.

Have a good time with the beta brah

lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it will really appeal to gamers who don't like Halo. And there are a lot of them. I tried to tell my buddy that the new Halo Beta is tight, and he replies, "naw I'm not a Halo guy, yada yada". I know he would love this new Halo though. I don't know what 343's goals were, but I think the Halo fans will still get this game because its Halo, even if it doesn't feel the way they prefer it to, and a lot of people who were not Halo fans will also buy the game.

RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RaibeartBruis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it just isn't a big deal though, brah.
    eventually everyone semi-decent at the game would have figured out the weapon spawn locations/timings anyway.

this just makes it so that you almost always have to fight for a power weapon
    which is fine imo.

who cares if noobs also know where/when they spawn?
    If you're good, you'll get the power weapon. and it'll be well deserved.
    Granted I haven't played the beta. But I've watched gameplay and you see noobs rushing power weapons when the announcement goes off. Which isn't the way Halo should be. It's ok if it takes a time to learn when and where weapons spawn.

And the player callouts are a no-no.

Can we agree these features are pretty cool, but should be left out of ranked gametypes?

Originally Posted by StrikingMoose View Post
    Ya srs covenant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> flood > prometheans

Worst gaming enemy IMO
    I think the Prometheans are fine actually, they just need to be smarter. During the campaign you could pick off enemies and they wouldn't respond because you hadn't moved past a certain "trigger" area of the map.

But Halo 2 Brutes >>>>>>>>>>>>> all else srs. TFW you have a crappy weapon and they start charging you from across the map.
    HTC

STEMcel

Xboxcel

tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    op is garbage at halo. Halo 5 is trash and an obvious money grab, COD copy. I hope the 343 headquarters catches fire
    BJJ crew
    S&P crew
    **Knee Draggers Unite**
    Wristwatch crew
    Firearms crew
    Skins, Caps, O's, Wiz, Terps

FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FinalCountdown has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by Criollo View Post
    ive played pretty much all the CoDs and every halo. and yes this halo is alot like a cod clone. deal with it
    ^ this x 10000.

I don't own an Xbox One, and don't ever plan to. I haven't owned a CoD game past the 4th, but my friends IRL eat that chit up. I always play with them at their places if they want to, which means I've played them all by now (except Ghosts, none of them bought that one but this shouldn't discredit my experience with the current iterations of the series). They also have Halo 4, which I tried and nearly wept tears for the Halo series.

My first experience with Halo 4 multiplayer:

- Spawn, everyone is sprinting forward (the same thing you do in CoD)
    - People head for good positions, I follow since it was just my first time and didn't know the map
    - Proceed to shoot weapons that feel slightly less Halo-ish than before
    - Armor abilities being activated near me are distracting as fuark
    - Giant thing comes crashing down from the sky
    - Get a kill streak
    - "ORDINANCE DROP READY"
    - proceed to look at choices and get killed while doing so
    - get some overpowered bullchit turret with the ordinance
    - get another kill streak

Literally felt like CoD, man. The game's pace is at least 2 or 3x faster than the last good Halo game (Halo 3), with a bunch of annoying armor abilities and ordinance drops. I actually didn't even mind armor abilities in Reach's campaign, but in multiplayer they feel so stupid.

I say things like "Halo sucks now, no thx jeff" to troll. Obviously the games are still being made with a higher quality standard and play much better, mechanically speaking, than most games that hit the market these days... but there's still truth to how I feel. It sucks compared to older titles in the series, and I'm not interested in coming back. Objectively I'm sure Halo 4 is a decent game, but it caters to a much more frantic (for the sake of giving players adrenaline, not because speed is what Halo needs) and casual crowd that rewards camping and kill streaks.

PS for Halo 5 I feel like the weapon callouts are pretty stupid, too - I can only imagine it being annoying to hear, obviously I don't have an X1 and haven't tried for myself but all the more reason the game is going casual because any legacy player will already know that power weapons are important.

tl;dr 343 NAILED IT with Halo 5 = successfully developed a way to bring the CoD fanbase in? I dunno. I'm done with both series, probably for good.
    I slow down so I can gather the power,
    'cus you can't smell the roses at 90 miles per hour

HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) HarpoonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Halo is dead

Battlefield is King
    CoD is ok right now (Last 3 were chit, didn't buy), BO3 can really bring the series back
    Destiny has potential but is chit
    Live and Die in LA Crew
    LeGoat James Crew

Originally Posted by Criollo View Post
    Originally Posted by tooKOOLforSKOOL View Post
    op is garbage at halo. Halo 5 is trash and an obvious money grab, COD copy. I hope the 343 headquarters catches fire
    Originally Posted by FinalCountdown View Post
    Literally felt like CoD, man.
    The cod comparison is so out of wack. It just people who want to criticize, but lack any REAL criticisms, or the creativity to come up with something better. This game is NOTHING like COD. Aside from the fact that it's a first person shooter

The time to kill, the weapon pick ups, the interplay between guns, nades and melee, the map design. It's VERY MUCH Halo.

the killtimes are the biggest and most important difference to me though.
    it srsly takes 5 fuking headshots to kill someone in Halo. How is that even remotely similar to cod?
    also most Halo combat is hipshooting. if you want to aim down sight, be prepared to get descoped as soon as a single bullet hits you.

ordinances are gone.
    Perks are gone.
    loadouts are gone.
    sprint has been MAJORLY nerfed. I lol hard whens someone turns their back at me and tries to run away from a firefight.
    they're now a free and easy kill.

this game isn't like Halo 4, and it sure as hell isn't like cod.

ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImNotABeta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah it's not like cod at all....thruster packs feel exactly like AW's exo suit movements. Sprint is not a halo thing and should never be a halo thing. Same for ADS with the exception of scope. People die way more quickly in this than they do in real halo games. Killcams are pathetic in halo 5. Notice the OP guns are the close range ones - magnum and smg. And to those who say "halo 1's magnum was OP too" All I say to you is that halo 1 wasn't being pushed as a competitive game in terms of the multiplayer, bungie had no reason to bother balancing halo 1's multiplayer. Notice when halo 2 came, magnum wasn't op anymore, because they made the multiplayer to be taken seriously. Even the hit detection is pretty bad in halo 5 beta.

Truth be told, i'm only going to buy halo 5 if they have a big team battle playlist. I dont care about the campaigns anymore. I consider halo 4 and 5 to be spin off, non canon campaign. The halo story starts with reach and ends at 3.
    Last edited by ImNotABeta; 01-06-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Avalanche3319 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had my doubts, but am loving the beta so far.
    Movie Man
    Book Brah
    Game Guy
    Bike Boyo

RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000) RG1992 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^ this x 10000.

I don't own an Xbox One, and don't ever plan to. I haven't owned a CoD game past the 4th, but my friends IRL eat that chit up. I always play with them at their places if they want to, which means I've played them all by now (except Ghosts, none of them bought that one but this shouldn't discredit my experience with the current iterations of the series). They also have Halo 4, which I tried and nearly wept tears for the Halo series.

My first experience with Halo 4 multiplayer:

- Spawn, everyone is sprinting forward (the same thing you do in CoD)
    - People head for good positions, I follow since it was just my first time and didn't know the map
    - Proceed to shoot weapons that feel slightly less Halo-ish than before
    - Armor abilities being activated near me are distracting as fuark
    - Get a kill streak
    - "ORDINANCE DROP READY"

Literally felt like CoD, man. The game's pace is at least 2 or 3x faster than the last good Halo game (Halo 3), with a bunch of annoying armor abilities and ordinance drops. I actually didn't even mind armor abilities in Reach's campaign, but in multiplayer they feel so stupid.

I say things like "Halo sucks now, no thx jeff" to troll. Obviously the games are still being made with a higher quality standard and play much better, mechanically speaking, than most games that hit the market these days... but there's still truth to how I feel. It sucks compared to older titles in the series, and I'm not interested in coming back. Objectively I'm sure Halo 4 is a decent game, but it caters to a much more frantic (for the sake of giving players adrenaline, not because speed is what Halo needs) and casual crowd that rewards camping and kill streaks.

PS for Halo 5 I feel like the weapon callouts are pretty stupid, too - I can only imagine it being annoying to hear, obviously I don't have an X1 and haven't tried for myself but all the more reason the game is going casual because any legacy player will already know that power weapons are important.

tl;dr 343 NAILED IT with Halo 5 = successfully developed a way to bring the CoD fanbase in? I dunno. I'm done with both series, probably for good.
    this x10000

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still don't like the story though. Why did they have to bring Psy powers into the story?! Psy powers > Guns every time. Master chief could have easily been killed half way through the Halo 4 story with that choke hold. It's like their trying to bring the Anime fanbase in. Master chief with a ****ing cloak? Da fuk. You're going to say he's trying to hide his armor...ok but don't try and tell me this game doesn't look all anime-ish now. I don't like where the story is going. They HAD a chance with the spartan Ops story. THAT was cool but then they ended it for some weird reason.

But then again, I'm the minority who plays it for the story first and then online gameplay second. And I read the books

Originally Posted by ImNotABeta View Post
    Yeah it's not like cod at all....thruster packs feel exactly like AW's exo suit movements. Sprint is not a halo thing and should never be a halo thing. Same for ADS with the exception of scope. People die way more quickly in this than they do in real halo games. Killcams are pathetic in halo 5. Notice the OP guns are the close range ones - magnum and smg. And to those who say "halo 1's magnum was OP too" All I say to you is that halo 1 wasn't being pushed as a competitive game in terms of the multiplayer, bungie had no reason to bother balancing halo 1's multiplayer. Notice when halo 2 came, magnum wasn't op anymore, because they made the multiplayer to be taken seriously. Even the hit detection is pretty bad in halo 5 beta.

Truth be told, i'm only going to buy halo 5 if they have a big team battle playlist. I dont care about the campaigns anymore. I consider halo 4 and 5 to be spin off, non canon campaign. The halo story starts with reach and ends at 3.
    read the post above yours.
    and I completely disagree about the campaigns.

Halo 4 had the best campaign. followed by Reach.

Originally Posted by RG1992 View Post
    this x10000
    Halo 4 ISN'T like Halo 5

his post is irrelevant as he was referring to a completely different game

things like this list:

- Get a kill streak
    - "ORDINANCE DROP READY"
    Literally felt like CoD, man.
    ^^^
    NONE of that applies to Halo 5.

You guys need to actually play the game before passing judgement. You don't even know what you're talking about. srs.

343 has removed all the BS and brought back the competitive feel of Halo with Halo 5.
    Last edited by FeralBeast; 01-06-2015 at 09:02 PM.

lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000) lalaland86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The controls are exactly the same as COD. Sprinting added. Pace is more like COD and less like Halo 2. To say this game feels nothing like COD compared to previous Halo's is disingenuous to me. But maybe you literally don't feel it?

But besides that...This game allows you to play like its COD. You probably won't do too well, but it allows you to play that way. Run n' gun, aim down sights, etc. But with the increased amount of damage it takes to kill a spartan, and the increased accuracy of hip fire, you will quickly have to abandoned the COD style of play.

Either way, 343 fukking nailed it!

YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YellowOnYellow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Someone tell me this...

If halo mcc failed so hard on multiplayer, why in the blue hell would i buy halo 5? Fool me once... And yes i have played beta but im still skepetical hippo.
    *Lone Star Crew*
    Texas A&M Engineering

Reps fellow Aggies on sight
    If you change mine, I'll change yours...nomisayian?
    **12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**

Number of times banned: 3