LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up From Bariatrics to Bodybuilding

I'm about to lose my virginity---

No you dirty minded pervert! I’ve already had sex (with someone other than myself but thanks for asking!)

How do I feel about losing my virginity you might ask? About the same as when I lost my virginity in the biblical sense. I am scared, nervous and absolutely excited beyond belief! I have never competed before in bodybuilding. I have been to many shows, made friends with many who compete and I have submerged myself in the lifestyle (which I have fallen in love with). However, this is a whole new beast. Instead of encouraging my friends… I’m encouraging myself.

Meal preps have a whole new meaning, calories have a whole new value and workouts are ALL ride or die. Not only that but I have to start doing cardio… NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cardio as in more than just sex for cardio! As a former fat kid who used to get made fun of every single Wednesday in school when the gym teacher would make the whole class wait at the finish line of the “Mile Fun Run” for me to finish while they all laughed at me, to say that I am still traumatized by cardio is an understatement.

This competition is more than just a new “experience” and a new “challenge” for me an my body. This is a whole new life. This is the progression from a “former fat girl” into a “fitness girl”. People will not know when I walk on that stage that I have lost 200 pounds, have had two plastic surgeries, battled chronic fissures and am competing as a new fun hobby…all people will know is that I am a woman, getting on that stage in my teenie weenie bikini, giving it every single ounce of effort I have with a gigantic smile on my face the entire time and having a blast…

I have made the decision to do this contest prep totally on my own. Of course, I will be reaching out to my friends for help along the way. I have already hired on my bestie Laurie to be my lifting partner during this process and will be paying her in dirty comments.

The plan is as followed for training:

HIIT Cardio x 3 days a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday for the first week and then switching to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for the second week. Then I will do my progress pictures and start again with Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday and add steady state cardio for 30 minutes on Tuesday. I will do steady state swimming cardio on Sundays to make this my “active rest” day. Each month I will add a steady state cardio day and will continue to add steady state each day. When I get to 2 months out I will add HIIT cardio until I am doing HIIT 5 days a week until I am 2 weeks out from the competition. When I am two weeks out I will switch to steady state cardio every day (depending on how my body is looking). I will be doing the HIIT cardio in the morning at 5AM and will be doing it fasted before work.

My split will stay the same as it is now because I love the split I have built. I will be lifting after work still as this works best for me since I have put in calories at work during the day:

Chest / Back

Legs

Shoulders / Arms

I then repeat the split and focus on the second muscle group the second round. So, I do chest the first day with a few moves on back and then the second time focus on back with a few moves on Chest. I will do abs every other day doing a different move each day.

Diet will be something that will be changing consistently and I will of course keep posting on here what my diet changes are but for NOW, my plan is to continue with the Intermittent Fasting. This has ended up working really great for me and the pooping at work issue. For those of you just joining the journey, first of all…WELCOME! We are happy you could join us! Just to give you some dirty details… Since having the Duodenal Switch my bowels have been…over active to say the least. Adding this to an already active bowel situation (thank you dad!) So eating first thing in the morning and going all day stimulated this issue and lead me to do the “popeye eyes”

*GOTTA POOP FACE*
    *GOTTA POOP FACE*

Don’t judge me like you haven’t been there! I figured I needed to save my co-workers and figure this out! I started doing IF and it has worked GREAT! I stop eating at 10pm-11pm the night before, take Garcinia Cambogia the next morning at 7am and focus on my water intake during the day. I eat cashews or 2 egg whites in the morning before I take my vitamins and I don’t poop at work… not only that but I don’t have terrible gas which is amazing!!!

I will be continuing that! I make sure all of my proteins are weighed out at 4 oz. I do this on sundays and put them into plastic baggies. I will focus on getting in 150-200 grams of protein a day which will be about 1,200-1,350 calories during the day. Next, I will get in 80-100 grams of fats a day which will 720 calories. This will bring me to 1,520 calories and the rest will be filled with veggies / lettuces or my “free” foods. I will also be sticking to the Paleo lifestyle that I have been following for about 6 months. Paleo has seriously changed my health in an incredible way! My blood levels are totally normal, I have energy and I feel amazing!! Not just that but I have not had smelly or painful gas since I have gone Paleo.

Keep following me for my diet and training updates, my progress pictures and my feedback on how I am feeling and how the process is going. Currently, I feel amazing! I am in ZERO pain!! My body feels good, looks good and is ready for this process.

I take a full dose of vitamins:

Multi Vitamin – x 2 per day

Omega 3s – x 6 per day (two with 3 meals)

Iron – x 2 per day

Calcium – x 2 per day

Zinc – x 1 per day

Garcinia Cambogia / Green Tea Extract / CLA – x 2 per day

Magnesium – x 2 per day

Potassium – x 2 per day

Vitamin D – x 2 per week ( 50,000 IUs)

Biotin – x 1 per day

BCAAs and Glutamine before and during my workout

My posing needs a little work! I’m accepting all offers to help with posing! I am also thinking of using the first 60 seconds of “My Chick Bad” by Ludacris for my song since it is pretty awesome!

What do you think?

Thank you for following me on this journey. This is going to be a great experience!
    Started at 350 pounds and 65% body fat
    Natural Women's Physique Competitor
    Future Ms. Natural Olympia

Motivadian and Lifestyle Coach

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Follow my shenanigans on Instagram: Fabulyss88

LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LyssieDoll88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Early morning cardio this morning. HIIT Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week. I have been doing Insanity as my HIIT training in the mornings. I know that I won't be able to push myself in the mornings if I did cardio on my own. It helps a LOT to have Shaun T yelling at me to keep pushing. I drink my BCAAs in the morning while I train since I do my cardio fasted.

Diet has been really good the last three days. Intermittent Fasting has been working really well for me. It helps a LOT with getting in my liquids during the day. I pee more than a pregnant lady!

I get in my 16 oz. of chicken a day, I'll do a big salad in the afternoon with 1 tbsp. of Sesame Oil. Does anyone else LOVE Sesame Oil?? I've been LOVING it!

The thing that I'm not sure about is salt intake at this point. I'm not sensitive to salt and I drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day so I think I'm flushing it out. What do you people do with salt during contest prep?

Thank you SO much for your feedback and advice!

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll be following

When is the show you plan on doing?
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Thank you SO much!!!! June 6th is the show here in Chicago. I'm doing a UFE show.

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Legs Yesterday!!!

10 Minute warm up on the stair mill
    Leg Press
    Straight leg Dead Lifts
    Leg Curls
    Leg Extensions
    Kick Backs
    Seated Calf Raise
    Hip Bridges
    Glute Push Downs on the assisted pull up machine
    Abduction
    Standing Calf raise with iso-hold
    Rope pull downs for abs

I didn't do perfect on eating yesterday. I missed my last meal of 4 egg whites and 2 oz. of grilled chicken. I think diet is going to continue to be a bit difficult because of the limited calories I can take in. BUT I think when I stick to a bit of higher fats (1-2 tbsp. of healthy oils / fats with each meal) I think this will help increase calories.

I'm able to get in 16-20 oz. of chicken during the day and ate 3 oz. of grilled salmon with dinner which was AMAZING!

I'm still not sure what to do about salts. I'm not wanting to stray from my normal way of eating too much too soon since what I have been doing has worked so far.

I got on the scale for the first time today since June!!! In June I was 156 and was bummed that I had been that for a few weeks...this morning...I was 145!!!!!!! I am THRILLED!!! I'm thinking that by June 6th 130-135 would be realistic for my weight on stage.

Posing is also a concern of mine. I've been in theater since I was 6 years old so being on stage is totally natural for me and my deepest passion...however...the grace, poise and beauty of posing will be a challenge. I can tell! If anyone knows of posing coaches or people who might have some good videos or even seminars in the Chicago or even Midwest area I would truly appreciate them! I've been abusing every video I can get my hands on on youtube and there is one seminar that Kenny Wallach did with Jamie Pinder that is SO amazing!

today is Chest / Back and I get to workout with my best friend who has agreed to be my lifting partner during this process. I've never worked out with anyone before it was always just me so I'm really excited to be able to really max out on my lifts having my bestie there!

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!! Thank you for reading!

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LyssieDoll88 View Post
    Thank you SO much!!!! June 6th is the show here in Chicago. I'm doing a UFE show.
    I have a friend who did a UFE show recently, she loved it and had a blast, said it was very well run by the promoters and all the competitors were super cool.

Keep it up!
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

I think it have totally disregarded how important rest is during this experience. I am one week down and 23 weeks to go and so exhausted! I think writing a book, doing a contest prep, having a full time job, prepping 5 peoples meals each week and trying to factor in sleep will require some rearranging.

Currently, I am not doing a cheat meal or a re-feed day. My body is incredible sensitive to carbs so I keep my carbs to 1/2 a banana before leg day and 1/2 after or I'll do sweet potatoes. These I know how my body reacts to them.

From the bariatric surgery I absorb 60% of protein, 20% of fats and 60% of complex carbs and 100% of simple carbs. My stomach only holds about 4-6 oz. at one time so it has become very important for me to choose the right foods to put in there.

I tend to have the philosophy that I can do it all and I'll sleep when I'm dead...BUT I'm starting to think that I'm spreading myself a bit too thin

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Well here I was trying to start a new log and I TOTALLY forgot I already started one!!! PHEW!!!!!!

Currently: 87 days, 16 hours and 48 minutes out from my teenie weenie bikini debut! (holy SH*!)
    Weight: 141 LBS (for the record... I haven't been 141 pounds since I was in fourth grade...FOURTH. GRADE)
    Body fat will be tested tonight so I will get back to you on that...I know the anticipation will kill you

I have changed up my approach a little bit with this prep in the sense that I decided to let my body be the coach and let my mind be the support system. I listen to my body and make sure to track EVERYTHING. Again, I am the first person to have the bariatric surgery I had and go on to compete in bodybuilding so it's not like there is a manual or someone I can call to ask for advice. Since no one knows my body better than me...here we are.

Training has been going really well in the sense that I feel really strong. My lifts are still up where they were before I started prepping. I am doing AM fasted cardio every morning. I switch off between HIIT sprints on the stairmill and steady state on the stairmill. Then after work I lift.

I'm eating 6 times a day and keeping protein and fat high and carbs very very low. The only carbs I'm getting are from the veggies or nut butter. My calories are at 1,450 each day. 60% protein, 30% Fat and 10% Carbs

I was noticing that when I workout RIGHT after work at 5:30pm I had little to no energy and I think this was because I wasn't getting in that 4th meal yet. So I go home after work and eat my meal and change, get my chit organized for tomorrow and then head to the gym at about 7pm.

My body is feeling good and the changes I'm seeing are CRAZY! I've never seen a vein before NOR have I ever seen abs! This is crazy!

Sleep is a bit difficult to come by. If and when I have the opportunity to crawl into bed at 9pm I lay there anticipating the next morning's cardio sesh BUT when I fall into bed around 11pm and I'm exhausted...I crash and sleep the whole night... so quality over quantity it is!

I got AMAZING news today that the surgery I thought I was going to have to have April 1st is able to be pushed back to June 10th (the week after the competition) WOOHOO!!!!! phew!

ALSO! there is a posing seminar March 21st that I am going to in Grand Rapids Michigan. I have been practicing posing every single day (I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE posing!!!!) I've been on-stage and a performer my whole life so this comes naturally to me.

so far... dare I say it... I'm really enjoying this prep... yes my body is tired but that is to be expected. I'm learning SO much about myself and my body during this... I find myself SO excited every single day to hit cardio and see what I'm capable of in the gym.

STAY TUNED!

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

[img]C:\Users\lyssa.remaly\Desktop\Lyss\20150301_200258 .jpg[/img]
    Last edited by LyssieDoll88; 03-10-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: okay, i still have no idea how the eff to post pictures in a thread. Just check out my instagram for updates

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Good Morning to all and to all a good morning!!

All 1.5 people following along! haha

Yesterday was AM Steady State cardio on the treadmill on an incline of 15 and speed of 3.2 for 30 minutes fasted (took my BCAAs before)

For some reason I was REALLY dragging yesterday. I haven't taken a rest day in two weeks and I think that it might be time for one. I was just really struggling to move my body yesterday. I usually stand all day at work at my desk since I hate sitting on my arse and I found myself sitting more than usual.

I was able to get a quick nap in after work before the gym.

Back and Biceps yesterday- I did mostly cable moves and machines and really focused on squeezing every single move and really hitting high volume since my strength just wasn't helping me out (I was SO excited to do rack pulls but didn't want to totally kill my body). I actually feel more sore today than usual after a back workout from doing it this way. I finished up the workout with 10x10 of bicep curls...hurts SO good!!

Today I will take off from lifting but will still do HIIT cardio on the stairmill after work.

Took progress pictures last night after posing practice (check out my page) I have no idea why I'm technologically incompetent and can't figure out how to post my pictures on here!!!! AH!

Aside from being exhausted yesterday, I'm feeling good still. My body is making good progress. I'm starting to see a few more veins which is crazy and I can see my hip bones.

I went tanning in the tanning bed yesterday (I have been going twice a week and will continue to do so until I get a little closer) once I get 6-8 weeks out I'll go three times per week. I'm Sicilian so I'm naturally tan so I don't want to go overboard BUT I want to be sure that I have a solid base tan going.

So far, I think things are moving smooth. I know my legs aren't going to be ready for the show and I'm okay with that considering the excess skin and the 6 lower body surgeries but I'm not letting that slow me down. I'm still going to walk out there like a peacock and strut this stuff!

Ordered my suit colors today.... Bright, bold and loud...just like me! HAHA!

Thank you again for following along

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

85 DAYS, 17 HOURS and 13 MINUTES UNTIL SHOW TIME!

Yesterday, I decided was going to be a rest day. This was my first rest day in two weeks. My body REALLY needed it. I was having trouble dealing with the guilt of missing a workout and beating myself up over the fact that I just ruined my entire prep by taking a day off! Then I had to slap myself for being a little bi*ch and remind myself that my body NEEDS the rest.

Since I had the evening free, I took the leg humper for a long walk, I was able to get more food preps done. I've been making those egg muffins that I take with me for Meal #1 and they are way easier than making egg whites each morning. There are two egg whites in each muffin and I eat two of them with 3 oz of chicken and one tablespoon of sesame oil.

have you people tried toasted sesame oil before?! holy sweet nectar of the asian gods! It's amazing! I bought a gallon of it on amazon HAHAHA!

Today was HIIT cardio on the stairmill; I do 20 second full out balls to the wall don't take your eyes off the stairs or risk being "that" girl who falls on the stairmill at the gym speed and then 1 minute of steady pace. I have been adding rounds as I go because my cardio capacity when starting this was rather lacking so I did 8 rounds this morning and 15 minutes of steady stairmill but lifted my leg back to squeeze that booty.

I am working shoulders and arms today which is my most FAVORITE day. My shoulders really are my weak point so I have been working them really hard in both volume and weights. I don't keep track of reps or sets... I go until it burns and then do 5 more...I have no idea if this is the way to do it but I just listen to my body and push just a little further. I've been noticing that my strength is still really good! I am shoulder pressing 40s which is my most to date.

Feeling really good today! Pooped of course but I will be able to get home earlier today from the gym, practice posing, take a long hot shower and crawl into bed.

I can do anything for 85 days...I'm keeping on track no matter what

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

I think I scared everyone away...anyone following out there?

Yesterday was legs...oh i DID those legs! I was supposed to do shoulders but decided legs needed to be hit hard before shoulders
    Smith Machine Squats
    Laying leg curls
    Seated Calf Raises
    Straight Leg Dead Lift with the balls of my feet on a plate to really feel the stretch
    Hack Squat and I superset forward and backward to get back quads and hams
    Glute kick backs
    Adductors (im hoping this will help fill in some of the loose skin on my thighs)
    10x10 leg extensions

Did 30 Minutes LISS on the stairmill this morning and 30 minutes of posing followed by a few rounds of posing in the sauna. I want to get used to posing in the heat and being uncomfortable haha

Today will be shoulders and arms for the win!

Feeling good! Got a FULL night of sleep last night and I can feel the difference.

It's been a work week from hell so I'm glad its over and I can smash the weights to sweat out all the stress and hostility (the hotel biz never offers a dull moment).

Diet has been the same. Still doing well at 1450 calories. I'm still making progress so I won't change up the diet until things start to slow down. I think the first thing I will scale back on are the fiberous veggies, then fats and eventually be at about 1000 calories right before the show.

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

Oh hello! Were you just waiting there for me to update you on my contest prep as I promised day one? I’m an *******! I apologize for keeping you in sphincter clenching suspense!

Well here we all are… 12 weeks out. That’s 83 days, 20 hours and 26 minutes for those of you who also have a countdown app on your phone. How are you doing? I forget to check-in on you and make sure you are doing okay as well?

Weight: As of 3/16/15 =140 pounds

I have been feeling really good during this prep so far. I don’t want you to get ahead of me here… I have been sore, exhausted, hungry and incredibly full…sometimes all at the same time. I have had some workouts where I barely made it until the end and people who ask how far out I am keep saying “Oh! You have plenty of time!” Well hell, don’t tell me that! When all is said and done and I get home at night, I have really been enjoying doing this and I’m learning so much about myself and my body. The changes I’m noticing in my body are absolutely incredible and I’m excited to wake up every single day just to see what changes have appeared!

I made the executive decision a few weeks ago to switch up my philosophy of this prep and decided that there isn’t a forum or expert in the world who knows my body better than me…therefore…my body is my coach during this. I listen to my body and act accordingly; I eat when I’m hungry, I sleep when I’m tired and train for as hard as I can for as long as I can until it burns. It’s not like there is a manual for having bariatric surgery and then going on to compete in bodybuilding and I can’t expect a coach to understand the science behind my surgery…therefore…my body is the coach and I must listen and obey.

DIET

Diet has been better than I expected. I’m really paying attention to how my body reacts to what I’m eating and how it tolerates different foods, but paying attention to my appetite and when I’m hungry and full. Originally, I started with Intermittent Fasting and fasting until 1pm every day, however, with AM fasted cardio my body is starving by 9am so that is when I have my first meal. During the day I focus on getting my water in. I’ll have coffee first thing in the morning after cardio on my way to work and get my first meal ready to eat by 9am.

My calories usually average out to 1450 per day and my macronutrient break down is 60% protein 30% fat and 10% carbs. The carbs come from the fibrous veggies I eat during the day. I think as I get closer to the competition I will phase out these veggies and stick to lighter veggies like lettuces and cucumbers to avoid bloating.

M1 is 4 oz. Chicken breast, a cup of broccoli and four egg whites (I make the egg muffins in the muffin tins and there are two egg whites per muffin-I eat two of those) and 2 TBSP. of oil.

I break this meal into two parts and have the second part of the meal 2-2.5 hours later.

M2 is 8 oz. of chicken, 1 cup of broccoli or romaine and 2 tbsp of oil. Again, this meal gets broken up into two parts. The second part I will eat on my way home after work or on the way to the gym if that’s where I’m going right after work.

M3 is 4 oz. of chicken, 3 eggs and 1 TBSP of oil (I might add romaine or spinach to this meal). This one also gets broken up into two phases where I’m struggling to get the second part in right before bed. Dinner is also when I play around with the type of protein I eat. I’ll have chicken or steak or fish to switch things up a little bit (had shrimp last night which was such a nice change).

Starting my meals earlier in the day has helped ensure that I get as much of my food in as I can during the day. I don’t want to force anything and risk stretching my stomach but I still focus on getting in the nutrients that I need. I can feel the difference in my workouts if I don’t get in enough food before I lift.

SUPPLEMENTS

Of course, supplementation is so important right now because my diet is pretty limited. Here is a full list of what I take in a day

During AM cardio- (4) BCAA caps from Beverly International

After Meal #1; Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Omega 3s, Magnesium, Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, B-Complex, Biotin

After Meal #3: I take another round of the above.

With every meal I take (2) Omega 3’s and 2-3 BCAA caps. I’m supposed to take 14 BCAA caps a day but usually make it to 10 so I have to get better at that.

This week I will be adding a fat burner as well. Which will be a combination of Ephedra, Caffeine and Yohimbine. I’m hoping this will help shedding the fat on top of everything I’m doing.

TRAINING

Training has proven tough a few times when I didn’t get all of my meals in, but ultimately, training is what I look forward to most. I have decided to work one body part per day instead of doubling up during the week. Sunday is my only day off from lifting and this is when I swim and do Zumba.

I am doing AM cardio fasted cardio every morning and switch off between HIIT and LISS cardio, usually on the stairmill. It hasn’t been as bad as it was the first two weeks where I was totally dragging ass to the gym in the morning. As I’ve always said, I HATE CARDIO… but we all know it’s a necessary evil for this process. Lifting has been my most favorite part of this (obviously). At the end of the day I just love to lift. No matter what else I do along the way…lifting is my love, my passion and my therapy. Anything I feel or am thinking about just goes away when I’m at the gym. It is 1-2 hours a day where it is JUST ME. Just me and the iron. I know this is getting a bit off topic but in all honesty 50 pounds will always be 50 pounds no matter what…it will always be there and it will always be the same…life isn’t always that predictable. *hopping off my soap box* Days off are a bit few and far between, I have decided to take days off as I need them but always have that Sunday open just in case. My lifts are continuing to increase or stay the same despite my body being tired. Shout out to my most favorite sushi roll for being a great training partner at the gym! I find that I am able to push a bit harder with those heavier weights when I know someone is there to catch them and me as well as keep the camera rolling if and when I drop those things right on my tits…it’ll happen! Just keep an eye on Instagram!

I’m still not sure if I am doing enough cardio…I know I still have “plenty” of time, but it’s just one of those things that I don’t want to lose sight of and look back thinking that I could have done more. I also don’t want to go full on balls to the wall 2 hours a day cardio this early out and risk not having anything to increase to during this process. I think as long as I’m still seeing progress I will keep doing what I’m doing and adjust from there.

FEELING

OTHER than feeling tired…I feel good! I get a bloating feeling in my stomach every day that I think comes from drinking so much water. I am hoping that it will go away when I deplete water closer to the show.

My ass is not in pain all the time which has been incredible! I have been able to lift and do cardio totally pain free and SLEEP pain free. I have been doing everything that the doctor told me to do EVEN IF I’M NOT IN AGONY, as preventative maintenance. I have come to terms with the fact that that being in severe pain is not the excuse to finally do what the doctors told me to do, I need to care for my body at all times to avoid any pain at all. I think this whole issue is finally behind me (haha-never gets old). I know I have one more little leg of the journey to finish this situation (one more surgery). I talked to the doctor last week and was SO excited to find out that the April 1st surgery I thought I had to go in for can be pushed back to AFTER the competition…THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS! June 10th I will be going in for the LAST surgery of this whole process. This is the surgery that the doctor feels confident will FIX the problem. He still seems baffled as to why my last doctor performed 4 surgeries to essentially band-aid the problem instead of fix it, but I can’t be concerned with the past. I have to move forward and focus on how to heal in the future. Either way…there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now, with all things that happened in my personal life, is the time where I focus just on myself, the contest, the book and all of the GOOD things going on in my life. The poor book has been so neglected. I’ll do a little bit here and there but nowhere NEAR what I need to be doing to get this book done. I guess focusing on two such HUGE undertakings at the exact same time was not my best idea…but what can ya do? It just always gives me something to do! I have too many goals, too much going on to really focus on anyone but me (and my family of course). The online dating world had reintroduced itself to me but once an old Indian guy told me he wanted to lick my butt cheek, I was out of these! My interest just wasn’t into meeting randoms out for coffee and pretend to be fascinated by conversations about their sexual conquests. What happened to REAL men? I’m not sure where these odd, obnoxiously sexual, “bruhs” came from…I’ll give them one thing though…the beards I’ve seen around lately are glorious! I approve of the beard game going strong in Chicago. *high fives all around*

Below are a few progress pictures. I have been practicing posing every day. After I do AM cardio, I go into one of the yoga rooms and practice for about 30 minutes. Then, I go into the sauna and practice again. I want my body to get used to posing in the heat of the stage lights. I don’t have music yet for my routine, but I’ve been thinking about what I want to use and will start putting together a routine starting in April.

I’m not sure if I’m on track or where I should be at 12 weeks out BUT I am where I am and I can only continue getting better from here.

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

*NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE*

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!! PICTURES ARE POSTED!!! YAY!!!!!

Above is the most recent blog post on

http://fitnfabulyss.com

I also attached two progress photos. I am feeling good today! I started taking digestive enzymes yesterday and cut out broccoli to see if that would help with the bloating and it worked WONDERS!! I even had a TON of energy for a killer back workout yesterday!!

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
    Pull Overs
    Shrugs
    Rack Pulls
    High Rows
    Cable Rows
    Meadows Rows
    Arnold Bicep Curls
    Cable Bicep Curls (10x10) as a finisher