Thread: Stretch Marks

qwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretch Marks

I know why I got them. When I started working out i was 135 lbs, a stick. I then bulked up to around 200 lbs before finally committing to cutting. I went down to around 185 lbs and didn't like how much smaller I looked/ was getting; so I began to bulk again to 220 lbs (Keep in mind all dirty bulking) when I cut down from 220 lbs I began to get stretch marks.
    My question now is how to avoid more. I know you can't get rid of them. I use coca butter lotion, vitamin E, and mederma to reduce the appearance of the ones I have. HOWEVER, especially when I workout biceps, I can almost see them on the spot growing and getting bigger. Should I stop working out biceps to not get anymore? should I bulk/ cut now? I'm around 200 now, wanted to bulk to 215, then cut and be a lean 200 lbs.
    Attached Images

LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LSBUspartans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tanning will help make them less noticeable.

Vitamin A will help promote skin growth as well as repair. Just buy a bottle of lotion or pills
    Vitamin C Helps with repairing damaged scar tissue
    Zinc helps by creating collagen which will repair the skin

I know your pain
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dipz94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dont worry about them cuz, its how us lifting brahs are bonded to eachother

SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SoupTazz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stretch marks can be caused by weight gain, but actually are really due a lot to hormonal changes(pregnancy, bodybuilding), which makes sense, you know why you got them.
    They look brightly coloured, which is the sign of new stretch marks. I therefore believe you when you say they look bigger after you have worked out the area over time. Dirty bulking probably caused it. Some people say dirty bulking works, and maybe it does for them. But for most people(me included) what they put into their body affects them a lot.
    Since scars are permanent but you can always gain and lose muscle, I'd suggest cutting(not rapidly), eating a lot of vegetables during and keeping well hydrated. I noticed my stretch marks and old scars were less noticeable a few weeks after I started doing that. Apparently vegetables are good for your skin. I use Mederma as well. Creams and vitamin E aren't miracles but they're better than nothing.
    alissa white-gluz is queenbeast bae

echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) echambers123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not even near as bad as mine brah not much to do about them but except them and move on

gobble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LSBUspartans View Post
    You could go to nearly every thread of this forum in which someone asks a question with an empirical answer, and post that douchebag link. Why don't you go do that for a while.

What's worse about your response, this thread will be indexed by google, and at some point someone will search "How+to+avoid+stretch+marks+when+weight+liftin g", and your post will show up as a result.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Avoiding extreme changes in body mass and hormonal changes will definitely help. Basically don't dirty bulk or hardcore cut. Keep the deficits or surplus small. They should eventually become a little less noticeable especially if you are using skin care products, but they will more than likely never go away completely and you really cannot rule out them getting worse either. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

I haven't bothered myself because I don't care, but many bodybuilders swear by various skin care products made for pregnant women. Whatever women rub on their bellies during and after pregnancy to help with the stretch marks - go for it.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler