Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100) Piledriverwal is not very well liked. (-100)

The bull**** of weighing yourself everyday on a cut?

Well I bought a scale a month ago and ever since I've been obsessed with weighing myself everyday.
    Today I got pissed off and snaped and threw my scale over the garden.
    Is it ideal to only weigh yourself once in 1 or 2 months to see if you've actually lose weight instead of the scale fluctuating 1-5lbs everyday due to water retention etc?

mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000) mhong64 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Piledriverwal View Post
    Well I bought a scale a month ago and ever since I've been obsessed with weighing myself everyday.
    Is it ideal to only weigh yourself once in 1 or 2 months to see if you've actually lose weight instead of the scale fluctuating 1-5lbs everyday due to water retention etc?
    so if u weigh in once a month, its gonna be accurate? no... weigh in every morning after you pee and just write it down, fluctuation will happen from salt/carbs and water of dinner usually but if a cut goes well, a gradual trendline will be seen month by month and sometiems week by week

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weekly is a good standard. Any longer in-between and you'll be leaving yourself a bit too much in the dark. More frequent, like daily, is fine, if you are able to adopt the mindset of not caring about individual days and only looking at the trends from a weekly perspective.

In the end, the scale is just one tool. Out of many. Get used to also taking pictures of yourself and taking measurements. None reflect the reality of progress perfectly, but combine all three and you will have a very, very clear understanding as to what is happening.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10) ultrafiltered is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was it an expensive scale? srs. When I am on a cut I usually weight myself weekly, I drink lots of water the day before(Don't know if that actually helps)
    Last edited by ultrafiltered; 12-30-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    :O

Registered User MattStanFitness's Avatar
    MattStanFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should generally go by the mirror not the scales.

But, you should weigh yourself once a week at the same time, like a saturday morning and shot for 1-1.5 lbs a week depending on your BF.
    Weighing yourself everyday is bad as you can fluctuate your weight depending on factors such as water retention etc.

Location: Hartlepool, Cleveland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Weekly tbf, I aim for 1/2lb per week

gobble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    snaped and threw my scale over the garden.
    Snape kills Dumbell dore

I have a fitbit scale, so it automatically syncs my data to my account and gives me a graph of my progress. You don't need to weigh yourself every day. But waiting months is silly because a lot can happen in a month. Maybe weigh yourself twice a week, and make sure you record it somewhere. The trend is more important than any individual data point, as you correctly noted, things like water retention can give you different results. Usually its 1-2 pounds. If you are 5lb heavier, something else is going on.

Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500)
    why did you randomly have a spaz attack and throw your scale away? you on dat dere?

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Really pointless to weigh yourself everyday, unless your weight fluctuates so much.

Wouldn't recommend weighing every "1-2 months" though. Sounds dumb.

Sn0we has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Who cares about what you weigh.
    What you look like is key