Thomass1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Spasm/twitch in abdomen

Hi all,

I did post this in the injury recovery / prevention forum first, but having no replys I thought if try here!

About seventeen weeks back u had inguinal hernia repair surgery, and ever since I've been worried of another one reoccurring. Recently, I've built my way back up to lifting heavy again, but I do get slight switches in my abdomen when I lift. Nothing painful, seeing no sign of lumps, and i am using correct form, and breathing in on the negative movements, exhaling on the positive movements to release as much pressure on my abdomen whilst lifting.

Do any of you experience twitches in the abdomen? And should I not worry about it?

It it maybe a good time to start doing more core exercises to prevent hernias in the future?

Comments appreciated!

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd be on the safe side and get it checked. But definitely increase ab work - a strong core helps all other lifts.

IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) IL-Lifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personal opinion after going through all the training I have been to over the past year and a half.

If your using a belt to lift heavy, it may be beneficial to stop wearing it and drop the weigh in order to strengthen the abdominal regions. When using a belt you dont use all of them as much and can hinder an already existing injury that requires the muscles to be strong.

Some people recover faster than others.

You should be seeing a Doctor rather than ask for personal advice on here as we do not know where exactly the hernia was nor how invasive they had to be.

Everyone wants to get back to where they were when they were injured. To get back and better though only comes with safe and steady training that will result in a better formed structure of muscle.

I ripped my shoulder out at one point doing DB incline with an incompetent gym partner, who was not spotting correctly. Ended up with multiple tears on my bicept muscles and a ton of other rotator problems. I now lift more often and more weight by going through the motions slower and steady. That happened 5 years ago when i was 19.

See a doctor.