Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Meadey View Post
    lemme give a quick example:

I can bench 140kg for 8 reps
    I can do dumbell flies with 35kg for 8 reps and I think this is a reasonable ratio between the two.

Bench = chest shoulders triceps. Assuming equal involvement that gives me 46.6'kg per muscle, which is greater than the 35kg dumbell fly.
    In fact, the chest is the main mover, meaning it takes more than 1/3 of the load, so in reality you're looking at a number much higher than 46kg in the chest, per rep, meaning that the bench press is a greater chest builder than the fly

tl;dr youre a fukking idiot
    Lmao at your flawed logic. If your chest is really actually moving that much more weight on the bench press, why couldn't you do the same amount of weight on the flyes? Does your chest magically get weaker on the flyes? Lmao fuk flat bench

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    I edited my post, the one you quoted doesnt really make sense

SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000) SuperrSaiyan is just really nice. (+1000)

there is no reason to be alive if you cant do deadlifts. THink about all the dead people who wish they could deadlift. And you are just here sitting being lazy to put in the effort to deadlift
    Last edited by SuperrSaiyan; 12-12-2014 at 11:19 AM.

jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by TaxusBaccata View Post
    not sure youre allowed to use dumbbells in a powerlifting meet kid, and im not sure what lifting heavy weights has to do with 'hitting muscles', lifting heavy weights is about lifting heavy weights

d/w tho, i remember being 15 and being retarded
    This is 'bodybuilding' forums so I was talking about compounds in relation to bodybuilding. Of course compounds are the best exercises for building strength.

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)

Bench = chest shoulders triceps. Assuming equal involvement that gives me 46.6'kg per muscle.

In fact, the chest is the main mover, meaning it takes more than 1/3 of the load, so in reality you're looking at a number much higher than 46kg in the chest, per rep, meaning that the bench press is a greater chest builder than the fly unless I can do dumbell flies with like 60kg dumbells

Bench = chest shoulders triceps. Assuming equal involvement that gives me 46.6'kg per muscle.

In fact, the chest is the main mover, meaning it takes more than 1/3 of the load, so in reality you're looking at a number much higher than 46kg in the chest, per rep, meaning that the bench press is a greater chest builder than the fly unless I can do dumbell flies with like 60kg dumbells
    Makes more sense than your last post. I doubt the distribution of the weight is completely equal, although I'm not going to act like I'm an expert on the subject of the distribution of the weight. If your chest could do 46kg on the bench press, why couldn't it do the same/ a little bit more with the flyes? If your chest is doing that much on bench, it makes no sense why it couldn't on the flyes.

let me just tell you that if i tried to do a 60kg dumbell fly my shoulder socket would hit the floor before the dumbell did

point is, you're flawed in thinking that the compounds are dangerous. In fact to get the same training effect of a compound in a given muscle, the weight on the isolations would be more dangerous than the compound.

Not to mention the sheer efficiency of compound movements. Looking at the bench press, I have an exercise that will add strength and size to my front delt, my triceps and my chest. Without that I'd have to do 3 stupidly heavy isolation exercises

let me just tell you that if i tried to do a 60kg dumbell fly my shoulder socket would hit the floor before the dumbell did
    True, what about machines

Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    True, what about machines
    we know that fixed plane movements are worse on the joints than free weights are, so even worse lol

UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnsungHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I only just started them again after a year because i thought the amount of weight mattered which led to a minor injury. Now i just focus on form, and so should you bro.

we know that fixed plane movements are worse on the joints than free weights are, so even worse lol
    Really I wasn't talking isolations in generally, for example when I said something about dumbbell exercise being superior, I was talking about dumbbell press to bench press. I actually feel my chest muscles contracting on dumbbell press, whereas I can't tell anything is being worked on bench press. Most people I see are contortionists on bench press anyways, which Is why I think dumbbell press is superior

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000) zyzzwascool is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Silverback1996 View Post
    i h8 squats and deadlifts, starting to dislike flat bench lol
    thank god i dont powerlift
    But who was OHP

just started doing that before every shoulder workout and I'm convinced it's my new favorite exercise

SRS
    *Uncircumcised brahs for lyfe crew*

"Don't ever try to talk shyt to others with that avi of yours, because ill shut you down real quick bitch.
    Come crooked at one of my boyz like that and you'll catch one in the back of your head" - zyzzwascool

"Don't worry about the things that you cannot change. And don't look for others to inspire you. Be your own motivation and use your own moral code as a guide to strive for " - Silverback1996

Originally Posted by zyzzwascool View Post
    But who was OHP

just started doing that before every shoulder workout and I'm convinced it's my new favorite exercise

SRS
    I love ohp

KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500) KurtGrizzly is not very helpful. (-500)
    lol 15 year olds dont know chit about anything. just lift weights and eat.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    Sup with you not liking S/B/D? I thought a while back you were getting into PL. Whatever happened with that?

Also, no-ones a pussy for not liking deadlifts. You're a pussy if you don't like em/don't do em cos either you're scared, you're too stupid to learn how to do em correctly, or you've never given em a chance.

If someone deadlifts for a year, builds up to a nice number, does em correctly, and decides to drop them only due to genuine dislike of the lift and what it gives them, or similar, then it ain't so bad. I don't think 1 person in this thread disliking deadlifts has done this.

You don't even understand the pull until you do that. The amount you learn up to a 300-400 pull, is nothing compared to what you learn from 400-500, and 500-600, and 600-700. I used to dislike deadlifts, I was scared, my form was ****, I'd been doing them for a few months, couldn't pull 225 off the floor, got injured...

...and now, the complete opposite in every way. You can't dislike something you haven't experienced properly.
    ive fallen in love with with overhead press now, srs
    although i dont hate hate squats now, i prefer it to leg press now
    i like incline bench more than bench at the moment
    id do deadlifts for fun if it wasnt for my spine. but i have been relatively pain free for like a whole month now shockingly, so i might try them again
    spine injury was from football and stunted my growth along w other problems, not from deadlifting but deadlifts and sometimes bent over rows cause me major spine discomfort. deadlifting isnt worth taking pain pills daily imo so if it flares up again ill stop

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Silverback1996 View Post
    ive fallen in love with with overhead press now, srs
    although i dont hate hate squats now, i prefer it to leg press now
    i like incline bench more than bench at the moment
    id do deadlifts for fun if it wasnt for my spine. but i have been relatively pain free for like a whole month now shockingly, so i might try them again
    spine injury was from football and stunted my growth along w other problems, not from deadlifting but deadlifts and sometimes bent over rows cause me major spine discomfort. deadlifting isnt worth taking pain pills daily imo so if it flares up again ill stop
    So you've got a pre-existing injury that makes deadlifts difficult for you to do, when they aren't even directly related to your goals, and so the negatives outweigh the positives? Meadey and TB would probably call you for this, but that's a 100% legitimate reason not to pull, and even so, you said you're considering reimplementing them if you can do so without pain.

The case of non-injured, inexperienced kids saying they don't like to pull is an entirely different story, they're the ones who need to grow a pair and start lifting. Someone without results has no right to comment on what's best for results, and someone who shies away from compound lifts when they're perfectly healthy to do so, has no business being in a gym.

rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000) rasse226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CJ93UK View Post
    So you've got a pre-existing injury that makes deadlifts difficult for you to do, when they aren't even directly related to your goals, and so the negatives outweigh the positives? Meadey and TB would probably call you for this, but that's a 100% legitimate reason not to pull, and even so, you said you're considering reimplementing them if you can do so without pain.

The case of non-injured, inexperienced kids saying they don't like to pull is an entirely different story, they're the ones who need to grow a pair and start lifting. Someone without results has no right to comment on what's best for results, and someone who shies away from compound lifts when they're perfectly healthy to do so, has no business being in a gym.
    True that
    Sheiko!

mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdisbrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So do i

kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why does this 15 year old child think compound lifts are bad? So a century of proven methods to building muscle is incorrect?
    S/D/B are king BECAUSE they use more than 1 isolated muscle group. this is what makes you STRONG.

I am an advocate of using dumbbells also, you need to do a little bit of everything...but if you're not going to Squat/Deadlift/Bench, you're doing the wrong activity - go play tennis or run a marathon...not that theres anything wrong with those..

poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuperrSaiyan View Post

there is no reason to be alive if you cant do deadlifts. THink about all the dead people who wish they could deadlift. And you are just here sitting being lazy to put in the effort to deadlift
    lol ya mean rack pullz right?

@jgman Compounds first, accessories last. I don't see how anybody will build overall mass by doing strictly isolation movements.

ITT deadlifts become the new squat.
    brb people still skipping leg day though