hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keto rage/anger issues

I am new to keto and have searched the net and this site for help with this issue. I figured out how to cut weight/inches with keto recently but I am having to take a break due to extreme and constant anger. My wife was getting sick of it and frankly, so am I.

My stats:
    HT - 6 FT
    WT - 220
    BF +- 18%
    DESK JOB
    GYM 5 DAYS/WEEK
    STARTING STRENGTH AND ARMS; M-W-F
    CARDIO (3 MILE FARTLEK RUNS OR 2 MILE TIMED RUNS) AND ARMS; T-TH

MACRO TARGETS
    kCals - 1770
    carbs - 25
    protein - 160
    fat - 114

Is there anything I can modify here and still cut fat while having a better mood? My goal was to get under 200 by the end of February, I have since realized that is unreasonable.
    My new goal is to be under 210 by Valentines. I have a military school starting in March and want to be in the best possible position for the stupid tape test.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop counting calories. Low carb diets are self regulating. Eat when you are hungry.

If anger is due in part to headaches take baking soda.

Lithium Orotate is an excellent product to level out your mood and is OTC.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd get angry too if you'd put me on a starvation diet.

1770 calories isn't appropriate for a 6ft 220 pound man. Cutting on such a low calorie intake will mess with mood, sex drive, hormones and metabolism.

Start eating 2500 calories for a while and see what happens on the scale. An appropriate rate of weight loss is roughly 1 to 2 pounds per week.

Suggested macros for keto:
    carbs ±25
    protein ±160
    fat ± 195

On a side note, keto isn't for everyone. Some people just feel better with carbs in their diet. A carb based diet can be equally efficient.

hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedrickbl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys. I will up my calories to 2500 and work from there. I really appreciate the imput, I will also look into the Lithium

radrad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) radrad2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that exactly what happened to me.
    I bottomed out around 1700-1900 cals per day while upped cardio, and there was no weight loss.
    Upped cals to 2600-2800 per day for 2 full weeks, and there was no weight gain.
    Currently at 2200-2300 and NO cardio and losing FAT, It defies logic, but thats how it works. Besides cals in/cals out hormonal balance must be maintained, and if you bottom out your thyroid is freaking out and will store fat instead burning it , even in caloric ( starvation) deficit.

acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Treating yourself for depression with over the counter lithium. I didn't even realize that could be obtained over the counter.

Sounds absolutely insane to me….

I strongly advise you to not take this OTC lithium. See you doctor instead.
    Last edited by acrobat2000; 12-10-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Rad, I did great on PSMF when I quit the cardio as well. Sadly those days are over due to my military career, I have to keep running and actually, I need to be running more than I am.

RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by acrobat2000 View Post
    Treating yourself for depression with over the counter lithium. I didn't even realize that could be obtained over the counter.

Sounds absolutely insane to me….

I strongly advise you to not take this OTC lithium. See you doctor instead.

I second this and I'm amazed it's possible to get Lithium over the counter.
    September 14th ----> 112kg (247lb)
    November 24th ----> 107kg (235lb) 26%BF
    January 20th -------> 106kg (233lb) 22%BF
    Watch this space

Don't freak out guys, I am fine this week on my break. I won't ever go to a doctor unless I am dying, I can use google too and it does not cost me 2 hrs and $200. I will try upping cals on keto next week and see if that helps, if not, it is the lack of carbs and I am going to have to try something other than keto. Thanks again to everyone for the assistance. Mahalo

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try more carbs if the kcals doesn't work. You don't have to be as low as 25.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I get a little grumpy at times on keto...But your calories are set about the same as me when cutting...a 5'2 female...You need to increase calories at least to 2200 kcals I would suggest adding more fat as well since that is where the majority of your energy will be coming from. Since fat is a source of stored energy you need to make sure you have enough.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

Thanks guys,
    My cals are set to 22-2500, 50g max carbs and 180g protein, filling the rest in with fat, we will see how this goes. Grumpy is a major understatement, I was borderline homicidal.

Another question if I may, some people on here (keto specifically) say not to worry about cals, some say cals are the most important factor. Any thoughts on this?

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hedrickbl View Post
    Thanks guys,
    My cals are set to 22-2500, 50g max carbs and 180g protein, filling the rest in with fat, we will see how this goes. Grumpy is a major understatement, I was borderline homicidal.

Another question if I may, some people on here (keto specifically) say not to worry about cals, some say cals are the most important factor. Any thoughts on this?
    You have to watch cal's.

When you start out you loose water and this will go regardless of how much you eat (almost).

If you have tons of fat to burn off ironically in my experience you need to worry less about the calories.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hedrickbl View Post
    There's some truth to it as ketogenic diets are very appetite suppressant but I would still advice to count calories anyway.

Thanks guys, I will stay within the calorie goal.

Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000) Wintondevil is just really nice. (+1000)

Fat/protein/carbs ratio

I maybe wrong but it is not as simple as upping calories on a keto diet when it comes to anger.
    My first attempt on keto back in 2008 cost me a marriage due to my anger issues; no violence just mood swings. My reasons for having a low carb diet was to combat autoimmune problems. High or moderate carb diets made my whole body ache so I stuck at it in order to not have to take meds.
    Second attempt, marriage too, and have realised I that was not getting the right fat/protein/carb ratio. With me, I found that if I had too much protein it sent me a little on the rage side. My first attempt was a high protein low fat/carb diet.
    So we are all different and you may need to find the ratio that fits you.
    I am now a different person from the person I was back then and my joint issues, med free, are much better as well.
    Daily intake:
    3000cal
    Fat 65
    Protein 30
    Carbs 5

Hope it all works out for you
    If you want to look and feel like an athlete you have to train and eat like an athlete.

I am feeling better with higher cals and higher fat for sure, still a lot of brain fog and some mood swings but not near as angry as I was.