tojo82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking First ever Dips!!!!

Hi all this is my first post to here. I wanted to share that I have just performed my first ever bodyweight dips. I used to be 125kg with chronic shoulder instability that regularly dislocated. I had 4 pins inserted into it 3 years ago and since then I have lost 20kg through general exercise. A few months ago I started concentrating on weight training instead of indoor rowing and have been progressing nicely. I was given a plan by my gym and on chest day and also bicep/triceps day it has straight leg dips. I started using a thick resistance band to step on and over 3 months have gone on to the smallest resistance band available. Today I decided to try and do the dips at the end of my workout without and band and was able to perform the workout without a band! That may not seem like much to some but for someone who has dislocated his shoulder flying a kite and turning up a stereo in the past it is a massive personal achievement for me

Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thunder326 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gratz bud keep it up.

Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent, dude. Keep it up!

aan91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice share

orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) orion792 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very nice,keep it up!

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That' excellent. I remember when I could do bodyweight dips (will again someday). It is a great feeling. Congrats.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's awesome. Very motivational to those recovering from injury.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Thank you everyone. I have read online about bankart slap tears and that I should not bend my elbow more than 90 degrees so I am hopefully not going to far. I filmed myself today doing some but don't know how to post vids

Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is so much informative thing

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tojo82 View Post
    Thank you everyone. I have read online about bankart slap tears and that I should not bend my elbow more than 90 degrees so I am hopefully not going to far. I filmed myself today doing some but don't know how to post vids
    Are you planning to do weighted dips eventually? Would be interesting to know how your body responds.

Despite having bum left shoulder I am doing weighted dips. So far I've managed to get to 3 sets of 10 reps with 25lbs plate. Doing them carefully though.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/

naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50) naderqud will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's awesome man. I bet you feel pretty good about this. I know I would!

I would definitely do some Googling as maybe there are other people who are going through similar situations with their shoulders. You could learn from their mistakes if there are any!

Keep it up
    12+ Years Natural Transformation: From Skinny to Aesthetics (17 to 29 years old) | Motivational:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhgwmkDoRsg&t

'Hardgainer' Representative
    (ex-skinny guy 100 to 200LBS)

If you can destroy your fears and push past pain, then you can conquer anything.

Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klostranec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    congratz dude! keep going

ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ItzJesusp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    congratz OP keep up the hard work!
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."
    "Once you see results, it becomes an addiction."

S: 315 x 5
    B: 275 x 3
    DL: 275 x 5

MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxThrusting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep up the good work!
    Take it slow but never stop.

Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neonocean7890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How exactly did you dislocate your shoulder turning up the stereo? Anyways, good job on the progress.
    Bench - 275 lbs
    Deadlift - 400 lbs
    Squat - 330 lbs

ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThiBezerra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very good!!!!!

Thanks all. I've not felt instability in my shoulder since abut a year after surgery. I built up slowly and carefully by indoor rowing and over the next couple of years moving on to weights etc. In the long run I feel I can do weighted dips but want to be able to do normal dips and feel fine for a long time before attempting them. To the poster who asked how I dislocated my shoulder turning up a stereo I have no idea. My labrum was 80% torn so had no stability at all. I dislocated my shoulder so often that it got looser and looser until it dislocated like I mentioned or opening windows or in my sleep which I have done on numerous occasions and I can tell you that is not something anyone wants to experience.