brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) brandonthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)

College or work while bodybuilding?

So ive been off college for almost 4 weeks now since surgery and im really considering whether to go back to college and put in the extra effort of catching up or to start looking for full time employment.
    I'm currently studying a sports coaching/fitness diploma so i will eventually go on to uni and qualify as a personal trainer, but obviously if i was working i could eventually just pay for a course which gives me the same qualification.
    .. So really my question is if your trying to be competitive in bodybuilding which would you find easier working or college?
    What do you find are the pro's and con's of each possibility?

HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brandonthetics View Post
    So ive been off college for almost 4 weeks now since surgery and im really considering whether to go back to college and put in the extra effort of catching up or to start looking for full time employment.
    I'm currently studying a sports coaching/fitness diploma so i will eventually go on to uni and qualify as a personal trainer, but obviously if i was working i could eventually just pay for a course which gives me the same qualification.
    .. So really my question is if your trying to be competitive in bodybuilding which would you find easier working or college?
    What do you find are the pro's and con's of each possibility?
    While attending college, I took the NASM CPT course and received my certification. I will recieve my NASM CES certification in three weeks that will bump up my pay another $10/hr with clients. I'd highly recommend staying in college and finding work if possible. I take 12 CEU's/semester and work full time and started my own company (which is taking off so I may be quitting full time job in near future). College will give you more opportunities given the right major/degree. Do I think there's an end game for someone with a sports coaching/fitness diploma? Hell no. However it SHOULD BE a stepping stone. Just as my NASM CPT certification is a stepping stone to build capital for my own company.

As far as your bodybuilding goes you should be able to make time for it regardless. Learn to meal prep if you don't already and bring your meals with you everywhere you go. Workout at 1am if you have to. Competitive bodybuilding is a SPORT and until you make a viable amount of money off of it, you shouldn't treat it as your job.

Just my 2 cents bud.
    I help people get certified as a personal trainer and build fitness businesses.

anonymous
    Education> bodybuilding
    And usually
    Education (in a field w high demand)> working fulltime

CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100) CFysique is not very well liked. (-100)
    You don't make money as a pro BBer. You need to be something special. Otherwise you pay big bucks for your' supplements'. Pay for your contest travels just to get destroyed by someone who is more genetically inclined. Don't bank on the sport to a pay the bills.