anonymous

Update on the crazy cat lady next door

I posted a few months back about the unbalanced woman next door and her army of feral furbabies that were running wild in the neighborhood (we've tried to help countless times, organized rescues to come and collect them but she feed them all from the rescue groups traps and let them "free" and abused the rescue ladies)

it came to a head last month when one of her sweet kitties casually strolled into our Rotties dog run and scratched his face up when he tried to play with it (he didn't even hurt the thing). We called animal control who predictably did absolutely nothing and when questioned by the officer she denied ownership of any of the twenty or so semi wild cats roaming behind our houses and living in her garage

So we bought some traps and began removing them, two at a time, and taking them to the local rescue. Turns out they were almost all in terrible condition, sick, parasite ridden and several were pregnant. She always said her precious kitties were much better off living free outside than having "rules" and obviously that resulted in sick, unhealthy cats and endless kittens

A month and we've thinned her herd by about ten or so and despite giving us stink eye whenever she sees us, she is STILL letting them roam around outside. I guess this is just going to keep going until we've rehoused them all and since she's black listed on all local rescues hopefully there will be no more additions to the herd.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So... You're wife is pregnant and fixing to have kittens?
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    that is unfortunate that it had to come to this..I have seen this a couple of times.
    when we lived in a duplex when the boys were small the woman next door must have had fifteen cats and we had to put a lid on our sandbox to keep them from using it as a litter box..

this is actually a form of psychosis ...similar to hoarding perhaps..

I dont know if it begins with good intentions
    "aww poor kitty here let me get you something to eat"
    and then escalates from there
    most senior citizens living on fixed income may not be able to keep up with vet bills
    to have each pet immunized, and fixed and for proper nutrition
    and by keeping them outside she does not have the issues of overflowing litter boxes to keep up with
    and cat urine and feces all over the house
    anyone who has had a cat knows that if that litter box is full? they will go anywhere
    cat urine seeps down in carpet and into the rug padding and down in floor? man that is an overwhelming stench you might not ever get rid of.

though this may seem like a mean thing to do
    it is actually the most humane thing to do
    by capturing the cats and giving them to the shelter
    they have a chance at getting medicine, nutrition, getting cleaned up and someone adopting them

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    I posted a few months back about the unbalanced woman next door and her army of feral furbabies that were running wild in the neighborhood (we've tried to help countless times, organized rescues to come and collect them but she feed them all from the rescue groups traps and let them "free" and abused the rescue ladies)

it came to a head last month when one of her sweet kitties casually strolled into our Rotties dog run and scratched his face up when he tried to play with it (he didn't even hurt the thing). We called animal control who predictably did absolutely nothing and when questioned by the officer she denied ownership of any of the twenty or so semi wild cats roaming behind our houses and living in her garage

So we bought some traps and began removing them, two at a time, and taking them to the local rescue. Turns out they were almost all in terrible condition, sick, parasite ridden and several were pregnant. She always said her precious kitties were much better off living free outside than having "rules" and obviously that resulted in sick, unhealthy cats and endless kittens

A month and we've thinned her herd by about ten or so and despite giving us stink eye whenever she sees us, she is STILL letting them roam around outside. I guess this is just going to keep going until we've rehoused them all and since she's black listed on all local rescues hopefully there will be no more additions to the herd.
    Halfway got banned for trapping wild kitties?
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Half, she sees you as the enemy now and she is growing a kitty army. Remember Al Qaeda? Remember the kitties.

Take care of them now with a surge of traps, or history has proven what will happen in the very near future.

Do the right thing.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We had a time in our neighborhood when one of our neighbors had a tom that they let roam and didn't have him fixed. There were probably 5 litters of cats that were born from this male. My former next door neighbor(Since moved) trapped the mom and most of one of the litters and had them fixed. One litter was born in my garage so I raised 3 little ones had them fixed gave 2 away and kept one. We still have 2 feral's that live between our house and next door. Both have been fixed by the city and have their ears marked. None of this would have happened if the one neighbor would have been responsible enough to fix his male cat.
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why was halfway banned the dude is pretty laid back.
    On the list for Bannukah

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    He has posts in the R & P section and anything can happen there.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Maybe he petted the wrong pussy?
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was going to toss in a "Don't call me Miss Kitty" comment...

...and see that I already have.

"Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

anonymous
    ....And she's moved to Arizona, taking her cats with her.

win!

Her niece got pissed off with the house smelling of cat piss and kicked her out.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cats can be a real menace in the neighborhood... crap in everyone's garden, kittens everywhere... Really something I recall years ago from when I was a kid. My BIL bought a house in a 'hood that was inundated with cats. Two houses dowm someone was feeding them daily. He had actual trails going through his yard that the cats traveled on.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....