OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for some advice.

Hey guys, I'm 18 years old, 6 1/2ft, 150lbs. I'm at about 7-8% body fat so people think I'm a bit bigger when they see me.

Anyways, it's no secret that I am very skinny for my height so I decided to start working out. I do have experience in lifting since I've done it on and off with experienced lifters while training for judo and grappling so I'm not a complete newbie.

I am making this post because I was just wondering if you guys think my plan is good or not and I wanted some criticism so I could make some adjustments if needed.

I am planning on doing Kris Gethin's 12 week training program, which I discovered here on BB.com. As well as I am going to try to eat 4000 calories a day, 200g protein, not really sure how much fat and carbs I should be going for though.

I also have some supplements, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out how much I should be taking and when. I currently have whey isolate (35g protein per serving), Re-Build Mass Super Mass Gainer (850 calories, 60g protein per serving), Beast Creature creatine complex, and Muscle Pharm Recon Advanced Recover and Muscle Building System.

So if you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them! My current goal is to reach 170 lbs 8% bf. I am very determined and any advice on reaching my goal would be great! Thanks!

janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    First get on a good routine. A beginners full body would be the best choice for you, such as ICF 5x5, BLSS, or Fierce 5
    the current routine your on is pretty bad.

Read the stickies in the nutrition forum tog et your diet in check.
    "Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got one flat."

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    There are several things you did right. I just want to help you clean up the things you're doing wrong. Gethin isn't a beginner program and you're a full blown beginner. (Being a beginner has nothing to do with knowledge or previous physical activity)

Being a beginner means you'll grow VERY quickly and you need a program that will allow you to do that. Check out the programs Jason advised above.

You don't need al this supplements. Read the macro nutrient sticky in the nutrition section. Live by it. Send back all of the supps that you can. For a beginner they are an absolute waste of money. The only reason to take protein as a supp is if you can't get at least 160 grams a day without a shake. Same goes for a mass gainer...you only take it if you can't get enough calories otherwise. The rest of the supps get increasingly worthless.
    Experience, not just theory

OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OrenG604 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies guys, I will definitely look into those programs.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post

You don't need al this supplements. Read the macro nutrient sticky in the nutrition section. Live by it. Send back all of the supps that you can. For a beginner they are an absolute waste of money.
    The supplements were gifts from friends, I only bought the whey protein a while back. The weight gainer I got from a friend who had digestive problems and couldn't take it, creatine from another friend who lifts like 24/7 and just gave me it lol. But yeah, I see what you're saying. For example, I have a hard time getting enough calories so I think the weight gainer will definitely help me a lot.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It would be better to eat real foods not weight gainer but by all means use it up - just don't spend any of your money on more. Weight gainer easily fits the definition of "junk food" since it's a highly processed powder. So why not eat foods that are tasty but still highly calorie dense like peanut butter, other nuts, trail mix, even some candy, cakes or biscuits will be fine provided that you get the other nutrients you need from other foods (meat, eggs, dairy, fruit, veg). If you really have trouble, throw ground oatmeal or olive oil into shakes and slug it down. Or just drink a few liters of milk.

BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMC171 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for a whole year I trained bodybuilding style and put on about a kg in year whilst not knowing about nutrition. I then looked into a beginner program so I ran a upper lower a/b/a b/a/b strength program. and dirty bulked (which at the time I thought was ok) and I gained 3 stone in 1 year and an ALOT of that was muscle. people were asking if I was on juice because I was growing so fast and my deadlift went from 60kg to 180kg in 9 months. trust what these guys say because u will.never look back! run what they suggest because it really is worth it. trust me

Thanks for the advice guys! I read about the 3 routines janson8000 suggested and decided to do ICF 5x5 because people say it prioritized size over strength, which is what I'm looking for right now. I also read about what my macros should be so I have somewhat of an idea now.