Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LNDrake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "He plays video games all day and does not exercise.
    He is also completely new to the gym."

Great story, thanks,
    Just curious...
    Did you discuss the kid's condition (bad condition) with the boss before taking on the task and did you discuss the kids progress (lack of) with the boss during the 2 months you trained him?

He is not unlike many or most 18 year old kids today.
    It would be interesting to hear some opinions/theories on methods to get such clients motivated and fit.
    It requires a serious lifestyle change, for starters.

I was a Drill Sgt, (Army) when we still had a draft so a lot of our recruits were not ready or willing to perform.
    Back in the day, we had more leeway than they have today. I guess they just wash em out today?
    We did not have that luxury, we got most of them through.

Still, with so many softies out there, today's military trainers must have some interesting techniques to motivate them.

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LNDrake View Post
    Did you discuss the kid's condition (bad condition) with the boss before taking on the task and did you discuss the kids progress (lack of) with the boss during the 2 months you trained him?
    i did not. it was something i had to find out on my own.

some days he would come in motivated and other times not so much so his progress was always teetering one way or the other.

i would have talked with the owner but he didnt seem very interested in the kid
    [][][][]===FREE AGENT===[][][][]
    Mod-Repped 26 times, your argument is invalid
    My workout log: www.tinyurl.com/WWRBD
    155k Reps if you Subscribe/Like my Hawaiian Fitness Channel/********
    www.********.com/808FiT1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152321863&page=44
    30 Mile Spartan Trifecta Completed 8/16 & 8/17/2014

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did you do any research on what is required for AF Basic Training?

AF basic is one of the easiest programs out there. It's made for kids like your client.
    NASM-CPT

RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RyouBakua has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChessGuy View Post
    Did you do any research on what is required for AF Basic Training?

AF basic is one of the easiest programs out there. It's made for kids like your client.

Yes

1.5 Mile Run 12:54

kid would do a mile in 13
    www.********.com/808FiT1

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    Yes

1.5 Mile Run 12:54

kid would do a mile in 13
    No. That time is required to complete basic. He needs to do it in like 18:00 minutes to be accepted, initially.
    NASM-CPT

No. That time is required to complete basic. He needs to do it in like 18:00 minutes to be accepted, initially.
    Yes. I wanted him to complete basic.

Besides, 13 x 1.5 = 19.30
    www.********.com/808FiT1

You did what you could.
    NASM-CPT

You did what you could.
    Still wish I could have done more
    www.********.com/808FiT1

Update

heard the kid shipped out to Basic Training

(havent heard other details but I wish him well)

also

am still doing well at same gym
    www.********.com/808FiT1

iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iceNsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RyouBakua View Post
    Hey Kyle

Talked with 2 military guys (both have 15+ yrs, one is SNCO) and they said "He has no idea what he got himself into..."
    This isn't really meant to be a shot at the Air Force, but I'd agree with them if he had enlisted in the Army or the Marine Corps. However, we're talking about the Air Force here. The Air Force is a very technically minded branch of the military, and there aren't a lot of MOS within the Air Force where they're going to go nuts on the guy if he isn't in elite condition. Depending on MOS in any branch of the military one's mileage is going to vary with regards to physical standards. Go down to Ft. Hood some time, there will be plenty of future Army nurses drilling in the shade.