Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fat loss and motivation

Hey guys so i have been struggling for some time to lose consistent weight.. I know it doesn't start in the gym but in the Kitchen and i know that is my biggest struggle.
    but aside from that mountain to overcome, what other motivation do you guys use to continue to make progress even when that progress seems to be at a snails pace.

Also, do you eliminate some of the heavy lifting days to add more cardio, or what?

I read so much from the "professionals" and i think its time I reach out to those who have lived it, succeeded and get some pointers.

Winter is here which means its time to get ready for summer

TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheTrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I first started lifting with my brother. It lasted for about 6 months before he moved away. That was enough to jump start me. When I started seeing results, I was hooked. Lifting with someone can help but don't let it be your main motivating factor. If you give someone the ability to motivate you, you also give them the power to take it away. --saw that on the interwebs somewhere.

As you make things a habit, like eating clean and lifting, it will become part of your life.

As for lifting, the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. You can burn all the fat you want with cardio, but most people are after shape which comes from lifting.

Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gboehl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheTrunk View Post
    I first started lifting with my brother. It lasted for about 6 months before he moved away. That was enough to jump start me. When I started seeing results, I was hooked. Lifting with someone can help but don't let it be your main motivating factor. If you give someone the ability to motivate you, you also give them the power to take it away. --saw that on the interwebs somewhere.

As you make things a habit, like eating clean and lifting, it will become part of your life.

As for lifting, the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. You can burn all the fat you want with cardio, but most people are after shape which comes from lifting.
    I primarily go with my wife, she isn't my true motivation but she helps.. my issue is i guess getting down on myself knowing the progress is slow but not accepting it.. i know i have to find that within myself. My biggest crutch is food, which I'm sure everyone went through, so i know i can overcome it as well... but damn it is hard

brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandon151 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take everything one step at a time, and your first step should be get your diet in check. You CAN'T out train a bad diet. Like said above once you start seeing consistent results you'll be hooked. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks to start really seeing results, sometimes longer, sometimes less... just stick with it and it'll be worth it.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For me fat loss was a lifting motivation.

Mirror was a fat loss one.

I was fat, lost about 20lbs, found out that as a man there wasn't much of one under that fat, and started to lift.

Now if people would stop asking if I'm a runner...
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    For me fat loss was a lifting motivation.

Mirror was a fat loss one.

I was fat, lost about 20lbs, found out that as a man there wasn't much of one under that fat, and started to lift.

Now if people would stop asking if I'm a runner...
    I am 6'5" 260 i want to be about 230 ish... **** is bad

blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000) blowwzilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gboehl View Post
    Hey guys so i have been struggling for some time to lose consistent weight.. I know it doesn't start in the gym but in the Kitchen and i know that is my biggest struggle.
    but aside from that mountain to overcome, what other motivation do you guys use to continue to make progress even when that progress seems to be at a snails pace.

Also, do you eliminate some of the heavy lifting days to add more cardio, or what?

I read so much from the "professionals" and i think its time I reach out to those who have lived it, succeeded and get some pointers.

Winter is here which means its time to get ready for summer
    Gboehl,
    My motivation is watching fat melt off and getting stronger.

I add more heavy lifting and only add cardio when I am stuck, I was stuck at same weight for 4 weeks so added more cardio.
    Slooooow and steady my friend enjoy the journey, worth every drop of sweat, every meal, every minute.

Originally Posted by blowwzilla View Post
    Gboehl,
    My motivation is watching fat melt off and getting stronger.

I add more heavy lifting and only add cardio when I am stuck, I was stuck at same weight for 4 weeks so added more cardio.
    Slooooow and steady my friend enjoy the journey, worth every drop of sweat, every meal, every minute.
    there needs to be a like button here... Well said Blowwzilla