bunduush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need your opinion on pay

Hello everyone,
    I just got certified about a month ago and was interviewed by Gold's Gym today. Since I don't have prior experience, I need your opinion on the pay.

They told me that I would get paid 9$ per hour if I am not training anyone, but on the floor. If I am training a client, I would get paid 35% of the session price which ranges from 45$-60$ depending on the # of sessions that they buy. However, I would not be getting the 9$ base rate while training a client. Does this pay sound reasonable for a beginner or are there better options out there? Please help me out.

Thank you

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So you're making $15-$20 an hour. For someone with no experience and very little education (unless you have more than just one certification) that sounds about right. I'm quite sure as you get more time under your belt and established clients you can charge more or probably get a better percentage. Many chain gyms will start at between $15-$25 an hour for someone in your position.

You're lucky they pay you for floor hours. Although that should be at least minimum wage.

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bunduush View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I just got certified about a month ago and was interviewed by Gold's Gym today. Since I don't have prior experience, I need your opinion on the pay.

They told me that I would get paid 9$ per hour if I am not training anyone, but on the floor. If I am training a client, I would get paid 35% of the session price which ranges from 45$-60$ depending on the # of sessions that they buy. However, I would not be getting the 9$ base rate while training a client. Does this pay sound reasonable for a beginner or are there better options out there? Please help me out.

Thank you
    Well what other qualifications do you have?

If you simply have a CPT and no college education/no experience then a chain gym is unfortunately where you will end up. It's not the end of the world....it just means you have an uphill battle.

Keep studying and giving people good workouts. If you lose clients.....you will be stuck making $9 an hour. Some of these chain gyms only offer half hour sessions, so unless you rack up a bunch you will no doubt be working floor hours for $9

Good luck.

NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NKSTRONG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gold's Gym pays better than most commercial gyms. As you increase your session count and get more education/experience you will take home $45+ an hour before taxes. Not to mention that they offer benefits, 401K, paid holidays, etc. for full time personal trainers. For a first time PT job, it's worth the experience and discounts on continuing education alone.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It sounds about right. Some gyms pay a rate for floor time and a different rate for training. Since when you are training you are not working the floor, they would not pay for floor time. That said 35% I think is a wee bit on the low end. Why dont you do this

Applly at a YMCA or Jewish Community Center. Ive found they often pay a bit better than big box gyms. Also they dont put pressure on you to get clients or make money. They may even pay for continuing education too.

Since you are a brand new trainer, I recommend you read this post about what to do if you have never trained anyone before http://www.joe-cannon.com/certified-...ne-what-to-do/

There is a LOT of other info there that you may want to look over.
    Joe

penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by bunduush View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thank you

It's reasonable to the gym owner, I can assure you. The pay scale is typical. It was started by 24 hour fitness in the nineties, now gyms across the country implement this type of pay scale. Golds was the last to hold out. They used to have ICs who simply paid a monthly rent. Don't hear much about those deals anymore.

shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadow9041 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since you are a brand new trainer, I recommend you read this post about what to do if you have never trained anyone before.

Great article thanks!