dua564 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weighlifting/Cardio with lower back ligamentitis

Hi everyone,

I have been suffering some lower back pain since May 2014 after I deadlifted heavy with bad form. Went to the doctor who said I injured my ligament in my lower back. Basically, I try to go back to weighlifting here and now and the longest consecutively I can go is 3 days before the pain starts becoming gruesome. This leads me to take about two weeks off from the gym before I go back to gym to workout.

I an an intermediate weighlifter and have been lifting for three years. However, my bad form turned out to be costly allowing me to barely weighlift and put on some fat and lose muscle. I'm trying to get back into some kind of weightlifting/muscle building routine, however, I feel like my pain comes back everytime I go out there in the gym.

I have completely stopped doing squats or deadlifts but I can do bench press and other upper body exercises without inducing much pain. Would you guys have any suggestions and/or a routine that I can maybe get back into that would still allow me to grow and gain muscle WITHOUT deadlifting or even deadlifting/squatting low weight?

Or should I just stick to old workout and go extremely light (includes deadlifting and squatting) and go from there? One of my old workout was called: "Power Muscle Burn" from "muscleandstrength" website.

Any advice/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10) jennyredcherry is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have hurt my lower back too back in September doing squats (no idea how, have been training for 2 years and it wasn't even my max weight) and I found that deadlifts, leg press and squats do still hurt my lower back.

I found that doing sumo squats/goblet squats doesn't hurt my lower back like regular squats do so I would suggest those. I have also been doing stiff legged deadlifts with dumbells, while I do feel it in my lower back, it doesn't hurt. And I've been doing hyper-extensions to strengthen my lower back.

No sure if this is any help at all but I hope your back will feel better!
    Instagram - @jennycfit