View Poll Results: Do you think Circuit Training is better in terms of fat loss than jogging/running?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 58.54%
  • No

7 17.07%
  • I dont know, I havent tried Circuit Training

10 24.39%
    Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

circuit training

ill like to know your opinions on circuit training.
    I have been bulking up but i have gained way too much fat, and im gonna cut very soon. IM not a fan of running, and i like being controversial and raising my index number (the one in the middle, the big one) to those that pray and swear by running as a main method to cutting.
    Running is bad for the knees, catabolises muscle and you can do other things to inprove your cardiovasuclar system (circuit training is one of them). Havr you ever tried to do 30 squats with barbell (no plates, just barbell), rested 45 seconds and done another set of 30 reps???, that send your heart thru the roof and you keep it pumping real fast even whilst resting. Mix in some other exercises with little rest and your done.
    Again i like being controversial, but please dont answer this thread with how wrong i am and that runnign is good for you bla bla bla. All I hate seeing is those weed-like guys running around a park sweating like pigs and thinking they are healthy and doing good to their body (alhtough this is better than being a couch potato, of course).
    However, circuit training doesnt burn muscle, increases lactic acid wich in turn increases GH output (our main friend in the battle for fat loss), increases dramatically post exercise metabollic rate, is not streesful on the joints, and doesnt need much time (30 minutes), youll feel suprb after the session and youll probably improve your techinque on exercises such as the deadlift, cos you are not using hardly anyweight and concentrate on doing full ROM. These are some of the benefits of Circuit Training. I have experimented with such, and this is what i do:

Squats (trust me, youll be asking yourslef why the hell you started this)
    Dips
    Deadlift
    bench press
    Cable Row
    Shoulder press/military press
    Pull ups
    3 mins on treadmill machine: 1 minute fast running (you decide how fast you want it), 1 min slow pace, 1 min fast running

Repeat this 4 times. The weight exercises should be done between 20 to as many as you want reps, but trust me, squeezing 30 reps on squats hurts. Tempo should be fast but controlled, concentrating on full ROM. I have put in running because if done correctly (interval training) for a short time (3 mins) can really aid overall, but thats about it concerning running.
    I hace read about Charles Poliquin (i really like his methods, GVT kicks ass), and I like his ideas of preaching uncoomon methods that work, supported by scientific data. However, he says alternating lower body and then upper body exercises, but to be honest, if the gym is packed, and someone is using the BP after you done a set of squats, you cant do much about it. Ill just concentrate on doing exercises that use the major muscles and concentrating on little rest. You can also use push ups, jumping a rope etc
    IM planning my cutting cycle. I know ill be using CKD (im a fan of eating fats!!), and ill probably use circuit training as my main friend for losing fat (coupled with low impact exercises such as walking). Ill like to know your experiences with it or your opinions, comments or anything. I havent seen much at all mention circuit training , and all ive seen is people saying, yeah, cutting cycle begining now, time for 4 to 5 sessions a week of 45 minutes boring jogging.
    Ill put down an article by T-mag which explains all of this (ok, i know the guys in there are pretty hardcore and hate any sort of running exercises), alhtough therea re some articles here in bb.com and in other websites.
    In general, c/t is much more fun and productive than jogging/running, and i would aprettiate any responses or anything you guys have to say about this fat loss "option".

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    certainly not the best way to bulk...

but will help in cardio but not much different to normal, just uses energy... remember to get the diet right...

Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Canarian Roy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    certainly not the best way to bulk...

but will help in cardio but not much different to normal, just uses energy... remember to get the diet right...
    yeah diet is spot on, ill use a CKD. Its the way in whcih to exercise for fat loos which im wondering

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    ye its just another way of doing cardio, the secret to cutting is to reduce the calories and do cardio to reduce the fat and try and keep the muscle... could be overtraining if you are liftin normally aswell....

yep, thats what I was thinking, since ill be lifting 3 times a week whislt cutting and then add cicuit traning sesisons progressively whilst reducing strenth training to 2 sessions. I was also thinking of simply doing one full body workout a week, and do another 3 c/t sessions per week. After all, when cutting, you cannot gain muscle, and 1 session a week is all that is needed for maintaining muscle, pus c/t doesnt burn muscle, so in a way, I could maintain my lean mass and reduce fat effectively, although thi is what Im asking out too, since this is the first time I would use c/t rather than running /jogging for my cutting cycle.