Closed Thread
    mattbro7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Burpees and pull ups

If I do just burpees and pull ups am I going to work every muscle in my body? I know I won't be getting super ripped or anything I was just wondering. If you don't think so could you comment the fewest exercises to work all the muscles in your body.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no.

heavy compound lifts are what you are seeking.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. The level of resistance will not be ideal, however it's still better than jogging. I generally approve of calisthenics for that reason.

mattbro7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm saying if I'm just doing body weight stuff would those exercises work every muscle? If not then what body weight exercises would? I'm looking for the fewest exercises possible.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bodyweight basically boils down to pull ups, push ups, dips, leg raises and squats. If 5 exercises is too much then you don't care enough about fitness to deserve results.

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mattbro7 View Post
    If I do just burpees and pull ups am I going to work every muscle in my body? I know I won't be getting super ripped or anything I was just wondering. If you don't think so could you comment the fewest exercises to work all the muscles in your body.
    Technically walking works every muscle in your body. It is weight resistance which leads to muscle growth. And while bodyweight exercises can lead to some muscle growth and strength gains, it won't be the kind you'll see with lifting iron, especially if you're not naturally inclined to an athletic physique. Consider the difference between an air squat and a weighted squat AND you're prone to holding onto bodyfat and you'll get the picture.

There are affordable gyms out there and equipment you can buy for home. Kettlebells go a long way combined with bodyweight and other weird devices. See mymadmethods for more. But if I had to pick one exercise for working the most muscle I'd say deadlift.

EDIT: mymadmethods is now Onnit Academy. Prepare yourself for ads.
    ignore list: MuscleXtreme

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KuFo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you add in daily cardio along with daily burpees and pull ups, then yes once you got to lower bf you would look decent for sure. If you only gonna do those two though do them ALOT and everyday

edit: and yes you can get "ripped". If you have a good diet and do lots of cardio to get your bf down. Too many people have it in their head they need to complicate work outs and do 10000 million exercises for each muscle, which is just not true. Keeping it simple has always worked great for me. Pull up works a great deal of your upper body. The burpee will give you pushups and squats. So yes from those two alone doing them everyday you will notice tons of improvement.

Registered User MoveEatSleep123's Avatar
    MoveEatSleep123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoveEatSleep123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoveEatSleep123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MoveEatSleep123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest adding in some more plyo to your routine. But Burpees are definitely a great way to address overall fitness. Just saw an article about 10,000 burpee challenge. They're tracking their progress over 30 and 60 days. Worth a look.

Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jayjoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sure yep that will work.
    If you want to add variety you could

1. change from pull ups to chin ups aka palms facing you vs. palms facing away
    2. instead of burpees do squats or box jumps and pushups
    3. do handstand pushups leaning against a wall that will put some mass on your shoulders
    Giving unwanted advice to gym goers for years.

deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500) deadrats is not very helpful. (-500)
    i like Hindu and dive bomber push ups for a whole body workout.