Mamfish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Hear both Pro and Cons using a Treadmill

Hi - I am new to BB, and also new to the gym. I have about 20 pounds I need to lose, mostly in my waists, hips, and inner thighs (perimenpausal gain). Besides lifting and doing core workouts, I like to use the treadmill. Is this a good way to lose weight? Along with clean eating of course. If so, what should I be doing? I researched and it seems to say doing something a certain way is good, but then I will find on another website, it's bad. Help!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mamfish View Post
    Hi - I am new to BB, and also new to the gym. I have about 20 pounds I need to lose, mostly in my waists, hips, and inner thighs (perimenpausal gain). Besides lifting and doing core workouts, I like to use the treadmill. Is this a good way to lose weight? Along with clean eating of course. If so, what should I be doing? I researched and it seems to say doing something a certain way is good, but then I will find on another website, it's bad. Help!
    exercise and lifting doesnt make you lose weight, being below your maintenance calories does, zero exceptions. You can sit around and lose weight by eating less, cardio just uses calories, lifting (correctly) retains lean body mass. Correct cardio (training specifically for something) will give you conditioning for that specific thing, such as using a 5k program, but a slow walk on the treadmill wont make you better at running. With that said, dont think treadmill, think moving more, thats what it equates to.
    You should be doing a novice strength training program if you dont have any serious medical issues.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing wrong with treadmill walking or running, it just burns calories.

nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pros
    Extra calories burnt
    Don't feel as sore after doing a bit of cardio (..broscience?)
    Good for the heart
    Get to watch cardio bunnies

Cons
    .......?
    In the pursuit of some sort of aesthetics.

douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10) douy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pros:
    - warm inside!
    - can watch tv if your gym has them on the walls / or watch things on your phone/tablet if they have wifi
    - easy to keep a steady pace
    - less stress on the knees

Cons:
    - pretty boring running on the spot
    - costs money for gym membership or to buy a treadmill

I prefer running outdoors. I like changing up my run to keep it fresh and stop it getting boring.

StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StevieMaria is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gotta listen to Serpentarius on this one. You can eat whatever you want if you follow a calorie deficit. Eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss, and exercise only helps you create a bigger deficit and eat more.

Treadmill is fine. What kind of training are you doing on it? I ask just because running three miles for a slow pace doesn't get you as great of a burn as HIIT.

Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Georgeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mamfish View Post
    Treadmill, Shreadmill..

"You lose weight when you consume less calories than your burn (aka what you need to support your lifestyle)."
    Remember that phrase and repeat (in you mind) when you have more questions.

You have many choices, 1 - Eat less, 2 - Treadmil to burn excessive calories you ate, blablabla

With all that said, my advice - Forget Treadmill. Start lifting.
    You do not want to look like Kenyan marathon runner (look it up in google images)..
    You probably will not gain much muscles when on calorie deficit but at least you'll keep what ever you have now.

PS: Look up the images of "Kenyan marathon runner" if you still want to use treadmill.

alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alk88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Knowledge is power, talk to a trainer if you can, if bot just start with the basics, running or walking, elliptical is better for your knees. Read alot and do what you like the best, you're more likely to stick with it this way

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're gonna use a cardio machine do the one that doesn't want to make you want to commit Hari Kari while you're using it out of boredom. Personally, the elliptical is my fave. Easy on the joints, good for HIIT, keeps the shoulders lose too. Just crank up your headphones, get a good playlist and go for it.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tbh, I prefer walking/running outside when it's cold out, and now's a good time for that. As long as the snow isn't up to my knees and the sidewalks aren't covered in ice anyway. Some of the treadmills at my gym have a TV on the panel of the machine, but I don't care for that stuff. I think the treadmill is a good cardio machine, but I find it pretty boring after a while.