balou411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

vasectomy - good or bad?

My wife had our third child almost three years ago now. She wants me to get a vasectomy. It's less evasive than if she were to get her tubes tied. I want to do it and I understand the proceedure and I was on my way to get it done then a friend I know told me there were potential side effects. Nothing that would drastically effect life, you know? I am a late blooming amature bodybuilder. I've worked out since high school, but only in the last five years have I started to compete. I'm worried that I wont be as strong or have a harder time getting mass or lean.

Anyone have opinions one way or the other?

I'm going to get it done eventually, I know, so if there is a potential side effect on the strength or mass aspect, could someone offer an opinion on how to beat it?

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, from a woman's point of view , it's a very, very good thing. She certainly shouldn't have to have a more invasive procedure after having 3 babies. It's much simpler for the man to do it.

From a bodybuilding perspective, I don't really know. I'm sure the effects won't do in your bodybuilding career & we all have to set our priorities.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Lilman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had one about three years ago. I was off work for 2 days. I make good gains in the Gym & it doesnt effect my workouts at all. A vasectomy doesn't decrese your test level.. It just cuts the sperm pathway. I have had no problems at all. Just be sure & follow doctors orders about no lifting for about a week or so.
    Lilman
    Find 'em Hot Leave 'em wet

balou411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Lilman. Stupid fear I guess.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Utah...but I'm taller batteryrequired's Avatar
    batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000) batteryrequired is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had one done 8 years ago...peice of cake.

tazman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

had mine done around 8yrs ago, no problems, plus it was fun getting the wife up at 6am to help get a sample to bring to the doctors office.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get the procedure. It's not bad at all and it's the right thing to do. Just be careful after. Mine went well until my son who was 3 at the time jump into my lap, knee first if you get the idea. That was a bit of a setback.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBingUniverse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    had mine done 2 years ago. Was a little sore for months. Would hate to do it over but I am happy I had it done. All fun with no worry now, 2 great kids and we are done.

I was just a little disappointed that I couldn't get right back into the heavy stuff. My background is mostly powerlifting and those tight squat suits just didn't feel right for some time.

My Bodybuilding/Powerlifting artwork.
    -------------------------------------------------------

sequitur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile A few things to remember

First off it should be clear it has nothing to do with your workouts beyond the brief recovery... I had one over 20 years ago and I have this advice.

Get a doctor that is practiced at them. Watching him wipe the sweat from his brow commenting that he can't find the vas and the anisthectic could wear off is no fun.

When your doctor tells it's okay to have sex when you feel like it again don't tell that cute little thing that starts your motor two days later that you feel like it... you'll know it's irreversable after that.

Don't tell women who hang out in packs like wolves... They'll ask to see your scars. :-O
    It's not how heavy you lift, it's how
    you lift heavy!

If only I had a cat's genetics... I could
    workout less and sleep more, run
    faster, jump higher and need a lot
    more hair remover.

~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~*IronBelle*~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have a dog that likes to jump up when you come in the house... just make sure it's tethered up for a while...

Play 18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the precedure 10 years ago. It took about 30 minutes in the Drs. office. I was talking to his asistant and never noticed a thing other that I was a little lightheaded for a short while. They used a local. I had it done around noon on Friday, cooled out over the weekend and went to work Monday. The best decision that I could have made.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If your wife suggests getting castrated then you have something to worry about. lol

Everyone I know that has had it done has no complaints. Plus they tell me they enjoy the carefree sex. With their spouse I mean.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

motorhall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had my nuts cut about seven years ago and I've never noticed any negative physical effects at all. The most important thing is that it moved me one step closer to achieveing my great goal of making it through life without ever having to change a diaper.

dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Understand that whenever you go under the knife you are taking risks. Mine was 15 years ago and it was a terrible experience, 4 hrs. long, intense pain etc. all because he couldnt get the tube to numb. No REAL problems since except occasional swelling and numbness. Overall I dont regret the procedure cause it benifited my wifes health. As far as training, the best gains took place after the knife and I have never heard of any holdups in that area. GOOD LUCK
    Think about what you say before you say it, think about what you do before you do it.

Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Under the knife

I get the blade on Oct 31st. That's right, Halloween!

Of course my exwife offered to take care of my "problem." But she's a veterinarian. I want them disconnected, not in a jar on a shelf!
    I did what I did before love came to town.

Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Clutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: vasectomy - good or bad?

Originally posted by balou411
    ... I was on my way to get it done then a friend I know told me there were potential side effects.
    Never take surgical advice from somebody who's neither a medical professional nor someone who can speak intelligently from experience.

I had mine in '90. There were certainly "side effects", just like my urologist told me there would be...slight discoloration and swelling, a general hit-in-the-junk kind of pain that starts to wear off after the first couple days, stuff like that. Nothing abnormal and certainly nothing you've never felt before or can't handle now.

My buddy that referred me to that uro gave me the best advice and I pass it along every chance I get:

"First off, do a good job shaving yourself. If you don't, it'll be done for you, but not by the cutie who took your copay at the front desk...they'll send Nurse Ratchet. Or a male nurse.

You have to have somebody drive you home, so have them stop at the liquor store. Get a bottle of booze you like and two bags of ice...one for the booze and the other one goes down your shorts. Keep it there until it melts, then replace it."

And don't be an idiot like one of my coworkers, who felt so good 4 days later, he thought he'd play a full round of golf. Not smart.

You're doing the right thing. You're saving your wife from a lot of needless general anesthesia risk. Welcome to the club.

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Under the knife

Ch ch ch ch kill kill kill..LOL Cant remember if thats Halloween or not ??
    Good luck..

Gator
    Originally posted by Steelhand
    I get the blade on Oct 31st. That's right, Halloween! :D

Of course my exwife offered to take care of my "problem." But she's a veterinarian. I want them disconnected, not in a jar on a shelf!
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't remember either! LOL I dont think so, -- they played that creepy music when Michael was after people -- didn't they? Maybe ch ch ch ch went with Jason on Friday the 13th?
    Last edited by Hibiscus09; 10-09-2003 at 05:42 AM.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

GOOOOO COCKS!!!!!! GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your right hib, Friday the 13th..Camp Silver Lake..lol

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steelhand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Side Effects

On the list of side effects, let's list these:

Improved sex-life- no worries about pregnancy

Feelings of support of your significant other - both your feelings and hers

Taking control of your reproductive health - responsibility for yourself.

Those are some pretty good side effects, ones that I look forward to enjoying.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmm, I am not nursing you bro!!!!!!!!!!!! lol But I know a nurse that might be able to help. Lmao!!!!
    educated by blood sweat and my dad beating my a$$ until I got it.

You ain't got the kinda "pecs" to nurse me, bro! LMAO!

I'm importing a flatlander to ease me through my pain. I'll pay her back when the swelling goes down...or comes back! LOL!