Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How essential is a power rack for a home gym?

I mostly work out from home, sometimes at school but prefer not to be in the crowded gym. I have begun building my home gym, but I lack a power rack and an Olympic weight set. I've mainly been working with dumbbells. My main question is, how beneficial is it to have a power rack? I can do dumbbell presses for chest, and lunges and squats etc... for legs. But I do feel that having a power rack and being able to do chest and leg day with barbells instead of dumbbells would be far better in the long run.
    With black Friday around the corner, I have been researching for an entry-level power rack. Such as the Body-solid PPR200X or the Titan fitness power rack.

What are the pros to a power rack, and being a poor college student, would this be beneficial for me to purchase?

Thanks.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    A power rack is a MUST HAVE for any trainee whose goal is to get bigger and stronger and do it in as safe a manner as possible.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you can do plenty for everything with just a barbell and weight set.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhudsonfarmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I would also want the rack so I can be safe for sure. Just figure it about time to make that transition. Any recommendations on which racks are good at a low price range?

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How essential is water to human life?

That essential.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    you can do plenty for everything with just a barbell and weight set.

Yea, if you could just leave that crew number on my desk before you leave, that would be great.

Tempted to neg.

OP..... how old are you? Where are you at in life? What kind of room do you have?

If you have the room and really want to set up a home gym, the rack or cage is the piece that you could own if you didn't want to own anything else. Bench, squats, OH Press, pullups, dips, rings, inverted rows, skull crushers, and a whole host of other things. All safe in your own cage.

If you're going to be heading out and starting your life then it might be a little soon for this, but only you can figure that out.

There's plenty of information to be found here about cages and there's a FAQ sticky as well as a power cage sticky.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kedoren will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say a power rack and Olympic set is the bare bones basics for a home gym. It was and would be my first purchase regarding a home gym. My next purchases were a power tower and a GHD, and then I'd worry about dumbbells and other accessories. You can get stronk as hell with a power rack, FID bench, and Olympic set.
    Most recent 1RM / 5RM

Bench press: 315 / 260
    Squat: 405 / 350
    Deadlift: 525 / 485

kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdumph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Power racks make a world of difference, but also are not the end all if you don't have room or the money. As others have said check out the power cage sticky! I'm like you and can't stand crowed gyms or the time I'd lose going to and from the gym. The full racks I have in my gym get used for something just about every day. If possible, get one or make one!
    Ambassador for ForceFitnessKits.com
    Lover of hard work, dedication and Gains!

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    OP..... how old are you? Where are you at in life? What kind of room do you have?

If you have the room and really want to set up a home gym, the rack or cage is the piece that you could own if you didn't want to own anything else. Bench, squats, OH Press, pullups, dips, rings, inverted rows, skull crushers, and a whole host of other things. All safe in your own cage.

If you're going to be heading out and starting your life then it might be a little soon for this, but only you can figure that out.

There's plenty of information to be found here about cages and there's a FAQ sticky as well as a power cage sticky.
    I'm 21, got a year left in college, potentially another 3 with grad school if accepted. Currently at home still, and we have dumbbells and benches which have worked great, but I think its time for a power rack and some Olympic weights.

Also will likely be getting married within the next year, but my girlfriend loves to work out as well, so this is something we would use together and benefit from. So it would come along with me and be very useful. Only problem is, the only current space for it, other than garage which could work, is the workout room which is upstairs. I'm not sure how I feel about putting a power rack on the second floor. Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted by kdumph View Post
    Power racks make a world of difference, but also are not the end all if you don't have room or the money. As others have said check out the power cage sticky! I'm like you and can't stand crowed gyms or the time I'd lose going to and from the gym. The full racks I have in my gym get used for something just about every day. If possible, get one or make one!
    Definitely, it would be a great starting point and addition to what I already have. I've seen some DIY racks, just wonder about using wood instead of steel. ww.youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c This rack in this video seems to be sturdy, inexpensive and holds around 500 pounds which is would be good for me for a long time. I could definitely make one of those.

I know craigslist is a great source, but savannah is a small market and other than driving 4 hours to Atlanta, I might as well but one new once I've spent 100$ on gas and food. Also I think steel really outweighs wood in longevity. So some entry-level rack would do me some good and be affordable as well.

Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you have room for a power rack. then get a ****ing power rack.
    i put mine in my room:

get one. you literally cannot regret it if you actually keep to lifting. also it's ****ing badass and all my friends are jealous as ****. im kinda stingy cause they make a ****ing mess with the chalk and it is my bedroom after all....
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #42 []---[]
    375/215/405 12/03/14
    /fit/izen (Cart !RvaUG4a4RQ)
    #BullsNation #CowboysNation for life.
    わたしはにほんごをはなします。
    "You need a rack, bench and 300-lb. Oly set. Now, what was your question?" -AttyGuy

periodically updated workout log (with pics): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163565881
    diet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/cartr1dge

Olybra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Olybra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cartr1dgeBased View Post
    i put mine in my room:

get one. you literally cannot regret it if you actually keep to lifting. also it's ****ing badass and all my friends are jealous as ****. im kinda stingy cause they make a ****ing mess with the chalk and it is my bedroom after all....
    Priorities/10. Dat's it mane.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i put mine in my room:

For the sake of lifting we stop at nothing, that's awesome...What floor are you on? Do you have a basement below your bedroom?

Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cartr1dgeBased has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    For the sake of lifting we stop at nothing, that's awesome...What floor are you on? Do you have a basement below your bedroom?
    townhouse/apartment thing. im on the 3rd floor, below me is 2nd which is my living room and then i got some people below me in a basement (1st floor). everything is pretty normal lifting wise, cept pulls cause i have to do the (mind fart i forget the word) but putting back down slower than I'd like or should, but it is what it is and im getting results... which are in my sig if interested.
    cheers mate.
    375/215/405 12/03/14
    わたしはにほんごをはなします。
    "You need a rack, bench and 300-lb. Oly set. Now, what was your question?" -AttyGuy

periodically updated workout log (with pics): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163565881

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    townhouse/apartment thing. im on the 3rd floor, below me is 2nd which is my living room and then i got some people below me in a basement (1st floor). everything is pretty normal lifting wise, cept pulls cause i have to do the (mind fart i forget the word) but putting back down slower than I'd like or should, but it is what it is and im getting results... which are in my sig if interested.
    cheers mate.
    Thanks for the insight and I know the way that can be (I remember when I was in the attic and lifting and shook floors below me) had to keep conscious of things, but stopped at nothing while I was up there as well...Now I'm in the garage and have the concrete below me, however New England weather isn't always agreeable, but ya do what ya gotta do so...Repped for the inspiration and making do with what we got.

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Thanks for the insight and I know the way that can be (I remember when I was in the attic and lifting and shook floors below me) had to keep conscious of things, but stopped at nothing while I was up there as well...Now I'm in the garage and have the concrete below me, however New England weather isn't always agreeable, but ya do what ya gotta do so...Repped for the inspiration and making do with what we got.
    yea never had a complaint. women next to me is ****ing crazy, so she keeps to herself and the dudes below me are chill golfer stoners. they told me couple days ago that they were waiting for the day i crash through the floor in my room.... then the floor in my living room.... and then kill them... lmao. but i do wish i could drop by deads like normal people do, but not like im not getting some real good work in during the deficient aspect. and i got me a new belt so **** is good here. need a belt? go best belts? there **** is legit

im like a little kid, its on my couch right now cause i just like to have it around lol. my new favorite toy lmao.

but thanks bra. you keep going at it man. we're all going to make it.
    375/215/405 12/03/14
    わたしはにほんごをはなします。

i put mine in my room:

cheers mate.
    I was convinced before, but that's definitely got me wanting one even more. Would you recommend lifting not on ground level floors? I have my current weights upstairs, I like the air conditioning especially during the winter. But my other option is the garage, which if I have to go out there I can. Need to keep progressing and pushing forward and this is the way to go. Thanks for the responses, really appreciate them!

Originally Posted by mhudsonfarmer View Post
    I was convinced before, but that's definitely got me wanting one even more. Would you recommend lifting not on ground level floors? I have my current weights upstairs, I like the air conditioning especially during the winter. But my other option is the garage, which if I have to go out there I can. Need to keep progressing and pushing forward and this is the way to go. Thanks for the responses, really appreciate them!
    i do what i have to do man. im not going to ahve this **** int he middle of my living room. i mean i have a life and **** and people over. so upstairs was where it had to go.

i really wish i had a basement though. man, my gym would ****ing explode if i had a basement or anything on ground level and alot of cement. i can't ****ing wait for it.

i'd do the garage without question. just get a heater or something if that's an issue. hoodie up and just get it man.
    man. what i would do for a cement floor for my gym man. you gotta go garage. BUT that's just my opinion. do w/e the **** you want.

edit: it's all about deadlifts man (for me; my opinion). if your doing them, why would you want to do them on anything but ground level concrete.... that's where it's at

good luck moving forward bruh
    375/215/405 12/03/14
    わたしはにほんごをはなします。

i do what i have to do man. im not going to ahve this **** int he middle of my living room. i mean i have a life and **** and people over. so upstairs was where it had to go.

i really wish i had a basement though. man, my gym would ****ing explode if i had a basement or anything on ground level and alot of cement. i can't ****ing wait for it.

i'd do the garage without question. just get a heater or something if that's an issue. hoodie up and just get it man.
    man. what i would do for a cement floor for my gym man. you gotta go garage. BUT that's just my opinion. do w/e the **** you want.

edit: it's all about deadlifts man (for me; my opinion). if your doing them, why would you want to do them on anything but ground level concrete.... that's where it's at

good luck moving forward bruh
    Thanks so much, just wanted someone else's thoughts on it. That's exactly what I was thinking. Definitely safe in a garage with a cement floor for sure so I'm thinking to pros outweigh the cons here. I'll just need to make the change out there.

Really do appreciate the help, thanks man!

itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) itsbrad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i put mine in my room:

I have seen this pic a thousand times and I still cannot get over it. Amazing dedication.

Originally Posted by itsbrad View Post
    I have seen this pic a thousand times and I still cannot get over it. Amazing dedication.
    thanks man. i really only post it in these threads, but its a common question. and im only dedicated.... most of the time. but think i might make it this time.
    besides like i said. there was no where else to put it....
    375/215/405 12/03/14
    わたしはにほんごをはなします。

domwells99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some great points made in here.

I think it's pretty simple to say; a power rack is incredibly versatile and will make things easier, but you can get by without one. You've clearly been giving this a lot of thought, and Black Friday could well be a great time to invest in one.

How committed are you, how much do you know you'll use one, and can you definitely afford one? You know it will benefit you, but is now the best time to get one?

There's a useful article here about other things to consider when choosing equipment for a home gym: yourowngymzone.com/choosing-fitness-equipment-for-a-home-gym/

Might be of some use to you.

MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on the space you have.
    I have a half rack,and never had any issues with safety. Only check for safety's that are 20 inches or more.
    Only absolute beginners should buy a power rack,or start training in a gym for a few years if you don't have money or space for safe equipment.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MdeJ75 View Post

Only absolute beginners should buy a power rack,......

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    .....Only absolute beginners should buy a power rack.....
    Wait Wut?

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by domwells99 View Post
    Some great points made in here.

I think it's pretty simple to say; a power rack is incredibly versatile and will make things easier, but you can get by without one. You've clearly been giving this a lot of thought, and Black Friday could well be a great time to invest in one.

How committed are you, how much do you know you'll use one, and can you definitely afford one? You know it will benefit you, but is now the best time to get one?

There's a useful article here about other things to consider when choosing equipment for a home gym: yourowngymzone.com/choosing-fitness-equipment-for-a-home-gym/

Might be of some use to you.
    I am positive I will be able to put it to good use. With Black Friday and Christmas coming up I'm sure I can get some help on purchasing one and an Olympic set so I don't think that will be too much of an issue, especially sticking to a model that is only a few hundred dollars. Thanks for the link as well, I'll be sure to look through that.

Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sdca7718 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you end up on a second floor I would recommend using a platform so it spreads the weight out. I still wouldn't recommend full drops on the second floor but you could lift heavy and not destroy the floor.
    ▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #76 ▪█─────█▪

MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdeJ75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe english is not my nr1 language that u don't understand.
    I don't mean only for beginners, but beginners should consider a power rack because of safety.

Maybe english is not my nr1 language that u don't understand.
    I don't mean only for beginners, but beginners should consider a power rack because of safety.
    Gotcha!

I saw that you're from the Netherlands, but to be honest.... you type better English than some of our citizens. It never occurred to me it was your second language. No worries at all.

Just for future reference, you could have worded it "....beginners should absolutely consider a power rack..." Regardless, you are correct once we get through the minor language barriers.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mhudsonfarmer View Post
    I am positive I will be able to put it to good use. With Black Friday and Christmas coming up I'm sure I can get some help on purchasing one and an Olympic set so I don't think that will be too much of an issue, especially sticking to a model that is only a few hundred dollars. Thanks for the link as well, I'll be sure to look through that.
    Also keep an eye on Craigslist. If I had it to do over again, and was willing to be more patient, I could have gotten a rack, bar, weights, and bench for <<75% what I paid new. Those 4 things are all the necessities. If the rack can also handle pullups, bonus. If it can handle dips, double bonus.

yea never had a complaint. women next to me is ****ing crazy, so she keeps to herself and the dudes below me are chill golfer stoners. they told me couple days ago that they were waiting for the day i crash through the floor in my room.... then the floor in my living room.... and then kill them... lmao. but i do wish i could drop by deads like normal people do, but not like im not getting some real good work in during the deficient aspect. and i got me a new belt so **** is good here. need a belt? go best belts? there **** is legit

im like a little kid, its on my couch right now cause i just like to have it around lol. my new favorite toy lmao.

but thanks bra. you keep going at it man. we're all going to make it.
    That belt rocks!!! I gotta get me one of them in one of those bad a** colors on the site. (I'm in the market for some lifting shoes as well most likely the romaleos cause of the wide shoe sizes)...And also not that it's by any means a necessity, but one of those edge fitness systems monolift attachments would look sweet with the setup you got there (I'm looking to get one of those monolifts probably very soon).