Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Pimpus View Post
    Don't underestimate the importance of working hard in college. I was job-searching 20+ hours a week (including time spent interviewing) in addition to taking graduate-level courses. Whereas other dumbasses were spending all their time partying or playing videogames and graduated without a single job offer. And GPA doesn't matter, though a poverty 3.6 is going to impress exactly nobody.
    3.6 is poverty? What planet are you living on? It's WELL above average.

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hitz69 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's WELL above average. College has been dumbed down to the point where getting 3.5+ is relatively easy if you put in even a bit of effort. Most of my graduating class in accounting had 3.5+

Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah it's pretty unimpressive, but you can easily make up for it by interviewing well or having other things on your resume. That is, if you even get the chance to interview. Top companies will throw out any resume with a GPA under 3.8.

Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Hitz69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Yeah it's pretty unimpressive, but you can easily make up for it by interviewing well or having other things on your resume. That is, if you even get the chance to interview. Top companies will throw out any resume with a GPA under 3.8.
    4.0 was the maximum GPA you could achieve at my school. And you're telling me they throw out resumes under 3.8? BS. What is the maximum GPA where you are at where you consider 3.8 the minimum required for a top company?

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you guys are taking the internet way too seriously today

Originally Posted by wisdommaster1 View Post
    you guys are taking the internet way too seriously today
    Shhh the grown ups are speaking son.

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4.0 was the maximum GPA you could achieve at my school. And you're telling me they throw out resumes under 3.8? BS. What is the maximum GPA where you are at where you consider 3.8 the minimum required for a top company?
    TBH depending on the program, having a high GPA is just the tip of the ice berg.

In accounting you need a 3.5+ GPA, solid extra curriculars, and internships to even been considered by top firms.

Too many people are going to college and it's become hugely competitive. Getting a degree alone simply isn't enough anymore

Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pimpus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry man, maybe you should have worked harder in college.

"My GPA is good enough, time to go party." - the mindset of future unemployed college grads.

I worked my ass off so I have no sympathy for you.

nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000) nunzie16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1st year made $65k
    2nd year made $75k
    3rd year made $105k
    4th year made $140k
    5th year (we'll see what my bonus looks like this year)
    "Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

"My GPA is good enough, time to go party." - the mindset of future unemployed college grads.

Are you basing off a 4.0 or 4.2 GPA. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you don't have an IQ of 156. You are most likely painfully average. But if you want to believe that a free online IQ test says you're a genius, more power to you.

BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BearyManilowe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JRJester View Post
    I wouldn't say it's WELL above average. College has been dumbed down to the point where getting 3.5+ is relatively easy if you put in even a bit of effort. Most of my graduating class in accounting had 3.5+
    Bragging about GPA in accounting.

Lol.

Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000) Freebirdchi is just really nice. (+1000)
    -Graduated from a top uni in May with a mechanical engineering degree
    -3.6 GPA
    -Just got a 50K job offer from a big engineering company (not saying who)
    -Working & living in NYC

Where did I go wrong? Did I dun goof?
    99.9% are not. I definitely didn't, that's for sure.
    Manmore for life

>>Ferrari Crew<<

PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PovertyAMOG has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just graduated with a degree in EE.
    Making 120k first full time job in nyc.

OP u didnt do anything wrong, money doesnt matter. more money doesnt make u more of a man.

☆★Bangin Moms since 03★☆ ThaJerzeyDevil's Avatar
    ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThaJerzeyDevil has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

dis guy

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I can't tell if anything you are saying is serious. You have the social skills of a 5 year old

Originally Posted by BearyManilowe View Post
    Bragging about GPA in accounting.

Lol.
    bragging? I'm stating the reality. It's easy to attain a 3.5 GPA if you try even a little bit.

Thick. Solid. Tight. GluteusMaximus's Avatar
    GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000) GluteusMaximus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Out of a top MBA program $100k+ is very doable. Out of undergrad? Not a chance.

Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolzing is a name known to all. (+5000)

LMAO, you probably have a 4.0 GPA and only make 90k/year and is proud of it
    People with much lower GPA will make just as much as you do, atleast engineering brahs will do

Work smart, not hard *******

Originally Posted by PovertyAMOG View Post
    just graduated with a degree in EE.
    Making 120k first full time job in nyc.

OP u didnt do anything wrong, money doesnt matter. more money doesnt make u more of a man.
    Says money doesn't matter - Brags (and lies) about making 120k.

Okay.gif

Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000) Strongelbows is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brb 70k out of college no experience
    brb ~52-55k after taxes and ****
    Xbox One: KickAzzDude

Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ME brah here. Took ~50k right after graduating. If you like what you do and see youself moving up then there is not a problem with the job.

Are you basing off a 4.0 or 4.2 GPA. And sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you don't have an IQ of 156. You are most likely painfully average. But if you want to believe that a free online IQ test says you're a genius, more power to you.
    Every stat in my sig is 100% verified.

Originally Posted by Lolzing View Post
    LMAO, you probably have a 4.0 GPA and only make 90k/year and is proud of it
    People with much lower GPA will make just as much as you do, atleast engineering brahs will do

Work smart, not hard *******
    GPA doesn't matter except that some companies have minimum requirements for it.

CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharolaisBull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where did you go wrong? You should have been making 50K while still in High School like most miscers.

Not srs, your doing pretty good for just out of college. Most kids can't even maintain a good GPA, let alone find a job after graduating.

demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tell them 100k or fuk off, OP.

aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aaronstamp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AngusPeppered View Post
    besides the oil industry it is pretty rare to start out making 100k+ as an engineer
    Am that, in that, and around there

Resident Liberal Elite NeoKantian's Avatar
    NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Making 110k a year with Vector Marketing....
    "God help us; we're in the hands of engineers." - JP Quote

Please Donate to Help Cure Hearing Loss:
    http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/
    http://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000) J90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are people really able to live on 100k/year? Mind blown

I was making 120k when I was 19 and was barely making ends meet.

demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000) demadio is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by J90 View Post
    Are people really able to live on 100k/year? Mind blown

I was making 120k when I was 19 and was barely making ends meet.

diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) diddyd22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    130k a year no degree brah checking in. Anyone else?
    WORK HARD TODAY, EVERYDAY.

*CATBRAH CREW*

Every stat in my sig is 100% verified.

GPA doesn't matter except that some companies have minimum requirements for it.
    If you had an IQ of 156 you wouldn't have "work your ass off" to get a 4.0/4.2 is whatever chitty degree you did. I got a 3.6/4.0 in engineering and only started studying two weeks before my exams, the rest of the year I was partying/doing drugs. You are not as smart as you think, you are just an average joe who tries really hard. Why do you keep avoiding my question about max GPA? Your posting style reeks of aspergers.