nixtech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really need your opinion bulk or cut?!

Hi guys...total noob here but been a lurker for a while. I'm in need of valuable opinion from this community...I've started working out trying to be healthy since about mid 2011. I stand 5'9 weighed about 125 and a total ectomorph. I'm now at 158lbs. I feel like 155lbs would be my ideal weight. I'm now at the point that I feel like I need to stop bulking and maybe starting cutting...my stomach started becoming bigger from all the gainers programs I've been doing. So, based on the attached pics...what do you guys think? Thanks...really appreciate it.
    Attached Images

QUB3D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,

100% bulk, no doubt about it. I've wasted a year ping-ponging between bulking and cutting, and my case is even more justified than yours for a cut (note my avatar). Your bf% is not high enough to warrant a cut. I'd recommend 2-3 years of a slow lean gain starting at +300 kcal above maintenance to get a feel for it, then increasing or decreasing depending on your muscle/fat gain. A few pointers:

-Track EVERYTHING you eat like crazy. A dirty bulk is easy to slip into and will be your ruin. The only way to prevent a dirty bulk is to constantly track what you eat. Bulking is not an excuse to let go.

-Focus on building strength first until your lifts are around 4/3/2/1 (4 plate deadlift, 3 plate squat, 2 plate bench, 1 plate OHP). At that point, you can either cut for a few months then pick up a more serious bodybuilding split or just go straight for the bb split without a cut.

If you cut, then bulk, then cut, then bulk, you'll waste a tremendous amount of time. You aren't fat and you look fine with your shirt off. Mathematically speaking, you will spend the least amount of time lean bulking for 2-3 years then cutting for 4 months, rather than ping-ponging between a bulk and a cut for 5-6 years to reach where you'd otherwise be after 2-3 years of a lean bulk then 4 month cut.

I hope this helps. You're gonna make it, brah

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep gaining...you're looking much better but unless your plan is to just look somewhat fit, you gotta put on a lot more muscle.

Looking good though, you put on a lot of muscle already.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

nixtech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for all the replies...I'll continue bulking then.

RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RobertLxander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Job!!

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. You're in no way overweight. If you decide to get a bit leaner for summer, you can look at reducing/changing carbs and incorporating HIIT work to lean out a bit. But right now, keep doing what you're doing.