Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Another Gun Thread

since you guys are such experts, post your advice and opinions.

I'm looking into purchasing ONE firearm. I can't even say it would be for protection now, I have no need for it. I more just wanna have one (and bullets!) for a SHTF scenario. But I figure by then if you could acquire one at all, it would cost much more than now.

I know less than nothing. So I would need to know WHERE to buy one, what type would be best for me, how much I should expect to spend, how much ammunition I should get...everything. And other stuff I should know that i don't know I need to know. You know?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    10,000 page thread in the making.
    On the list for Bannukah

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    10,000 page thread in the making.
    I know, lol. And I'm aware there is a search function. But this is a special case: first time firearm owner, female, etc.
    For what I don't know

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I know, lol. And I'm aware there is a search function. But this is a special case: first time firearm owner, female, etc.
    LOL, I feel ya!

Some of these whiteboys in here love their guns so just be ready
    On the list for Bannukah

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Miss Dee,

Some things to consider for the other gun experts who wish to participate in this discussion:

a) You are in New Jersey.

b) You are a female. (And a HAWT one at that.)

c) You are petite.

I would recommend an NJ-legal M4 Carbine. Bushmaster perhaps.

The reasons for my recommendation as follows:

a) M4 may not have the maximum effective range of a full size AR, but so what? You are in Joisey, not in an open country where there are lots of open space and 'targets' as far as the eye can see.

b) Round availability. 223 / 556 NATO are abundant, in theory. I say in theory because the DHS acquired most of them. But still, you want to use a weapon for SHTF scenario that has standard ammo. You wouldn't wanna use something like a 220 Swift.

c) Based on your size, the M4 is a perfect fit for your hands.

d) Control. No offense. You are a woman. Women shooters prefer weapons with 'low kick.' 223 / 556 is your beeotch.

e) Accessories. This is where the female genes will kick in. Kinda like going to the store to get a dress for a special occasion, then you end up buying a dozen shoes to go along. M4s, especially the ones with picattiny rails, are like a lego set. You can upgrade or downgrade the 'bling factor.' Knowwhatimsayin? If you want to engage a target 300 yards out, no sweat. Slap on a Loopy scope with ARMS mounts so you can easily attach and detach the scope. You want something for CQB, no sweat. Slap on Aimpoint red dot. You wanna test your true marksmanship skills? No sweat. Slap on traditional iron sights. You wanna shoot at night? No sweat. Slap on a flashlight.

Cost? Hard to answer. Depends on how bad you want to be the baddest chic at the range.

Hope this helps.

PS- Are you for real or are you trolling?

It doesn't really matter if you're trolling. I love talking about GUNS..
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL, I feel ya!

Some of these whiteboys in here love their guns so just be ready
    Bro, don't forget the lonely Asian gun nut here..
    This above all..

Almost forgot:

f) Home defense. M4 good enough for this lady, good enough for ALL ladies.

This above all..

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would say start out with a ruger 10/22. No recoil, cheap to shoot, which you should do a lot of being new to the sport, can be shot in most indoor ranges, lots of accesories to make it how you want it. Then after getting hooked on shooting sports, you can decide what you want next, and after that etc etc. Everyone should own a good .22 rifle

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I would say start out with a ruger 10/22. No recoil, cheap to shoot, which you should do a lot of being new to the sport, can be shot in most indoor ranges, lots of accesories to make it how you want it. Then after getting hooked on shooting sports, you can decide what you want next, and after that etc etc. Everyone should own a good .22 rifle
    This ^^ is actually a VERY GOOD suggestion.

A couple of years after leaving the Army, I decided to take up shooting. I started out with BB guns, then BB gun rifles, then .22 LR.. Then moved up from there. Next thing I knew I was reloading 300 Win Mag rounds.

Ruger 10/22 is an excellent plinker that will sucker unsuspecting, future gun nuts into our ranks.. Muahahahahaha!
    This above all..

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Bro, don't forget the lonely Asian gun nut here..
    LOL I should start a thread and make a poll to see how many Spanish, Asian, Blacks and Whites we have here
    On the list for Bannukah

LOL I should start a thread and make a poll to see how many Spanish, Asian, Blacks and Whites we have here
    HAHAHAHA!!

Then you and I will be called 'racists', even if we are married to White chicks.
    This above all..

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I just like the fact that I can have a round chambered where all that I have to do is flip the safety down with my thumb and pull the trigger. They have a shorter trigger pull than other styles which I feel would mean less of a chance for me to pull the gun to the left of the target in a stress situation.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    since you guys are such experts, post your advice and opinions.

I'm looking into purchasing ONE firearm. I can't even say it would be for protection now, I have no need for it. I more just wanna have one (and bullets!) for a SHTF scenario. But I figure by then if you could acquire one at all, it would cost much more than now.

I know less than nothing. So I would need to know WHERE to buy one, what type would be best for me, how much I should expect to spend, how much ammunition I should get...everything. And other stuff I should know that i don't know I need to know. You know?
    Discdoggie, congratulations on your decision to exercise your Second Amendment rights. Although the state of NJ has laws that in my view are unconstitutional and certainly extremely restrictive, thankfully the liberal bureaucrats running NJ have not and will never be able to stop law-abiding American citizens from owning guns.

As I wrote in the thread about a poster’s neighbors being robbed, I’m not a gun expert. But I do know a few things, and I can tell you what they are to help you make an educated decision.

Get acquainted with firearms. I don’t know which part of NJ you live in; ironically, however, for a state notorious for anti-gun laws, there are many clubs and ranges for practice shooting, and several rent out guns (to be used for shooting on the premises). Revolvers, pistols, shotguns. Try as many as you can. By virtue of your petite size, you probably have petite hands. Therefore, a 1911 semiauto, which is a large gun, may be too heavy and quite uncomfortable for you. A short-nosed revolver will be lighter and smaller, and therefore, easier to handle. All this, of course, you’ll only know for sure after you actually handle and fire a few different guns.

Maintenance: a Glock semiauto is very easy to maintain and clean because it’s only 4 pieces. Other semiautomatic pistols are not as easy to disassemble. Not that you’ll need a PhD in engineering to maintain such guns, but they are a bit more work.

Cleaning: I personally love cleaning guns. You’ll need to invest in materials for cleaning any and every firearm you own: cloths, gun cleaning fluid, gun oil, metallic brushes & rods.

Ammunition: not only is not all ammunition created equal (caliber & stopping power; round nose/flat nose vs. hollow point), ammunition varies by price. You will spend more with a box of .38 special for a revolver than a box of 9mm for a semiauto.

Need: what is the main purpose of owning a gun? You’re already mentioned a SHTF scenario; that’s home/personal defense on steroids. That means you probably won’t sign up in shooting competitions. Does the ammunition’s cost matter? And, will you leave it loaded or unloaded?

You will also need to practice – not only to get familiar, confident, and comfortable with whatever gun you purchase, but to become a fairly accurate shooter. You will need to go to a gun club/range and spend some time there. Ranges have instructors who will teach you how to shoot, or at least give you tips on stance, grip, etc.

Finally, in addition to ammunition, cleaning/maintenance tools, you’ll also need the following:
    - goggles & ear protection (unless you wish to have your hearing damaged by the extremely loud booms from the guns of others at the range, not to mention your own)
    - a gun case (in your state, you are obligated by law to leave your gun, unloaded, in a locked case in your trunk whenever you go to the range for practice/store for maintenance)

All this may sound daunting, but it’s just a step-by-step checklist. If you’re never fired a gun, you may be started by the noise and recoil on the first time you pull a trigger, but I guarantee you this: it’s fun. And as much responsibility as responsible and legal gun ownership brings, it’s also a privilege.

I hope this helps!

HAHAHAHA!!

Then you and I will be called 'racists', even if we are married to White chicks.
    Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    On the list for Bannukah

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Indeed!!
    This above all..

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First thing I'd do is find out how you can legally own a gun in the state of NJ. If it's similar to NY there will be a few things you'll need to do (4 hour course, fingerprinting that costs $140, application which involves character reference checks).

We aren't in Florida anymore where we can go to the local 7-11 and pick out a firearm to go with our cigs and lotto ticket
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    White boy input

Discie, you would look sexy with a Beretta 380, which is a smaller caliber hand-gun. It is very concealable and easy to operate. Edit: A lady's handgun.

If you do purchase any type of gun, I would recommend that you take a gun safety course in person locally.
    Last edited by Phattso; 11-19-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Strong irony itt....

Miss Dee,

Some things to consider for the other gun experts who wish to participate in this discussion:

a) You are in New Jersey.

b) You are a female. (And a HAWT one at that.)

c) You are petite.

I would recommend an NJ-legal M4 Carbine. Bushmaster perhaps.

The reasons for my recommendation as follows:

a) M4 may not have the maximum effective range of a full size AR, but so what? You are in Joisey, not in an open country where there are lots of open space and 'targets' as far as the eye can see.

b) Round availability. 223 / 556 NATO are abundant, in theory. I say in theory because the DHS acquired most of them. But still, you want to use a weapon for SHTF scenario that has standard ammo. You wouldn't wanna use something like a 220 Swift.

c) Based on your size, the M4 is a perfect fit for your hands.

d) Control. No offense. You are a woman. Women shooters prefer weapons with 'low kick.' 223 / 556 is your beeotch.

e) Accessories. This is where the female genes will kick in. Kinda like going to the store to get a dress for a special occasion, then you end up buying a dozen shoes to go along. M4s, especially the ones with picattiny rails, are like a lego set. You can upgrade or downgrade the 'bling factor.' Knowwhatimsayin? If you want to engage a target 300 yards out, no sweat. Slap on a Loopy scope with ARMS mounts so you can easily attach and detach the scope. You want something for CQB, no sweat. Slap on Aimpoint red dot. You wanna test your true marksmanship skills? No sweat. Slap on traditional iron sights. You wanna shoot at night? No sweat. Slap on a flashlight.

Cost? Hard to answer. Depends on how bad you want to be the baddest chic at the range.

Hope this helps.

PS- Are you for real or are you trolling?

It doesn't really matter if you're trolling. I love talking about GUNS..

Not trolling. Srs.
    For what I don't know

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    99% certain I won't be added any more guns. One will be plenty. . That's why I would like to know which ONE would be best.
    For what I don't know

Originally Posted by Northeasterner View Post
    Discdoggie, congratulations on your decision to exercise your Second Amendment rights. Although the state of NJ has laws that in my view are unconstitutional and certainly extremely restrictive, thankfully the liberal bureaucrats running NJ have not and will never be able to stop law-abiding American citizens from owning guns.

As I wrote in the thread about a poster’s neighbors being robbed, I’m not a gun expert. But I do know a few things, and I can tell you what they are to help you make an educated decision.

Get acquainted with firearms. I don’t know which part of NJ you live in; ironically, however, for a state notorious for anti-gun laws, there are many clubs and ranges for practice shooting, and several rent out guns (to be used for shooting on the premises). Revolvers, pistols, shotguns. Try as many as you can. By virtue of your petite size, you probably have petite hands. Therefore, a 1911 semiauto, which is a large gun, may be too heavy and quite uncomfortable for you. A short-nosed revolver will be lighter and smaller, and therefore, easier to handle. All this, of course, you’ll only know for sure after you actually handle and fire a few different guns.

Maintenance: a Glock semiauto is very easy to maintain and clean because it’s only 4 pieces. Other semiautomatic pistols are not as easy to disassemble. Not that you’ll need a PhD in engineering to maintain such guns, but they are a bit more work.

Cleaning: I personally love cleaning guns. You’ll need to invest in materials for cleaning any and every firearm you own: cloths, gun cleaning fluid, gun oil, metallic brushes & rods.

Ammunition: not only is not all ammunition created equal (caliber & stopping power; round nose/flat nose vs. hollow point), ammunition varies by price. You will spend more with a box of .38 special for a revolver than a box of 9mm for a semiauto.

Need: what is the main purpose of owning a gun? You’re already mentioned a SHTF scenario; that’s home/personal defense on steroids. That means you probably won’t sign up in shooting competitions. Does the ammunition’s cost matter? And, will you leave it loaded or unloaded?

You will also need to practice – not only to get familiar, confident, and comfortable with whatever gun you purchase, but to become a fairly accurate shooter. You will need to go to a gun club/range and spend some time there. Ranges have instructors who will teach you how to shoot, or at least give you tips on stance, grip, etc.

Finally, in addition to ammunition, cleaning/maintenance tools, you’ll also need the following:
    - goggles & ear protection (unless you wish to have your hearing damaged by the extremely loud booms from the guns of others at the range, not to mention your own)
    - a gun case (in your state, you are obligated by law to leave your gun, unloaded, in a locked case in your trunk whenever you go to the range for practice/store for maintenance)

All this may sound daunting, but it’s just a step-by-step checklist. If you’re never fired a gun, you may be started by the noise and recoil on the first time you pull a trigger, but I guarantee you this: it’s fun. And as much responsibility as responsible and legal gun ownership brings, it’s also a privilege.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Psssst: I'm one of those libs. I'm all for tight regulation. The last thing we need is any nut job being able to obtain fire power.

I plan to keep it away and unloaded. I'm just getting my ducks in a row for another (and worse) Sandy scenario. By then everyone will be trying to get them and there will be none left to be had.
    Last edited by discdoggie; 11-19-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    For what I don't know

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    First thing I'd do is find out how you can legally own a gun in the state of NJ. If it's similar to NY there will be a few things you'll need to do (4 hour course, fingerprinting that costs $140, application which involves character reference checks).

We aren't in Florida anymore where we can go to the local 7-11 and pick out a firearm to go with our cigs and lotto ticket

Lol yeah.
    For what I don't know

sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    99% certain I won't be added any more guns. One will be plenty. . That's why I would like to know which ONE would be best.
    Best is the one that feels right in your hand and you hit what you fire at. A lot of ranges will rent weapons to plinkers. I'd find one and check out a few to see what feels right for you... and maybe take a shooting course before you invest. That way you'd know if it's even worth it to you. If you're just thinking home defense, it's hard to beat a 12 gauge.

Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Strong irony itt....

How so? What's so ironic? I'm as anti-violence as anyone gets. I read Time mag voted my county the most dangerous place to live in the United States as far as natural disasters are concerned. I need t be able to help myself and my family if emergency responders cannot. I fail to see the irony.

Are you still mad about what I said yesterday? . People are so sensitive...
    For what I don't know

For what I don't know

Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the detailed reply.

Psssst: I'm one of those libs. I'm all for tight regulation. The last thing we need is any nut job being able to rainy obtain fire power.

I plan to keep it away and unloaded. I'm just getting my ducks in a row for another (and worse) Sandy scenario. By then everyone will be trying to get them and there will be none left to be had.
    You're very welcome. Remember though, if the firearm is unloaded, what use will it be against intruders? Are you going to throw it at them? Why not just stock up on baseballs and train on how to throw them? A 90-mph curveball will do wonders to stun a burglar if it impacts his nose or teeth.

You will soon learn that in your state, the very liberals who support tight regulation, whom you identify with, have made it such that the average waiting time from the day a citizen visits the local precinct to submit the properly filled forms, with personal references and all the required personal data, to be fingerprinted and to deliver the required payments, have made it that you will wait on average 12 months before you are issued your firearms ID.

If SHT the fan tomorrow, you will have to wait 12 months before you can legally own a firearm – that’s if you submit all your documents today.

In other states, the wait time is much shorter, due to a variety of factors, but one of them is that the local governments believe more strongly in states’ rights and in the Founding Fathers’ vision of a relatively weak central government and robust state governments.

You can thank Abraham Lincoln, the first great modern American war criminal, for the Fathers’ dream becoming a distant memory.

As for nut jobs, there are already 20,000 laws at the federal, state, and local levels regulating firearms ownership, sales, purchases, transfers, transportation, etc. 40,000 laws won’t reduce the crimes that liberals complain against. Neither will 100,000. Humanity is born corrupt, and while nature & nurture can change that to good extents, this is the price we pay for living in a society where freedom is ostensibly given to the individual. And don’t forget that the FBI publishes annual reports on violent crime – reports that show that bats, clubs, knifes, boots, punches, kicks, and other non-firearm tools are used to inflict painful injury and often death.

None of this is said in sarcasm. We're all over 40 here and gun ownership is serious business.

Firearms are not the problem, and the mere fact that you wish to own one is indirect admission on your part of that.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Give this a quick read

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/i...ding-to-women/

MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrGreenTea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No need for a gun, just learn Brazilian Joo Jitsu. If someone attacks, you will be able shoot for a double, grapple him on the ground, and incapacitate him. He can't shoot you if you have him in a rear naked choke hold or an arm bar.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrGreenTea View Post
    No need for a gun, just learn Brazilian Joo Jitsu. If someone attacks, you will be able shoot for a double, grapple him on the ground, and incapacitate him. He can't shoot you if you have him in a rear naked choke hold or an arm bar.
    Keep drinking that spiked green tea.

Originally Posted by Northeasterner View Post
    You're very welcome. Remember though, if the firearm is unloaded, what use will it be against intruders? Are you going to throw it at them? Why not just stock up on baseballs and train on how to throw them? A 90-mph curveball will do wonders to stun a burglar if it impacts his nose or teeth.

You will soon learn that in your state, the very liberals who support tight regulation, whom you identify with, have made it such that the average waiting time from the day a citizen visits the local precinct to submit the properly filled forms, with personal references and all the required personal data, to be fingerprinted and to deliver the required payments, have made it that you will wait on average 12 months before you are issued your firearms ID.

If SHT the fan tomorrow, you will have to wait 12 months before you can legally own a firearm – that’s if you submit all your documents today.

Well, that's okay I guess.

I'm hoping to never have to use it. Or even take it out.

I will get no wet panties from firing it.

I read a few times should the worst happen, ammunition would be worth more, and could be used for currency.
    For what I don't know