Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Yesterdays workout was a little different. By the time this log is finish (next few days) I will be starting a new log for Blue Star Nutraceuticals. It's a 30 day log using a supplement stack they provided and using this GVT (German Volume Training) program. My wife and I did the chest/back split yesterday to make sure we could get it done in 2hrs or less since our gym only allows that time for day care needless to say we did. It may seem like a lot to some (I guess) but to me it's actually dialing down the volume. Now lets get to it!

SETSxREPSxWEIGHT --> 5x12x135 or REPSxWEIGHT --> 12x135

Warm-Up

Bench Press
    • 2x15x135

Working-Sets

Bench Press
    • 10x10x185
    *Note For compound movements there is 4-0-2 tempo, this means you lower the weight for 4 seconds, then change direction and lift for 2 seconds. For isolation movements it's a 3-0-2 tempo.

Reverse Grip Barbell Rows
    • 10x10x185-->same tempo 4-0-2

SuperSet Dumbbell Pullover w/ Dumbbell one Arm Row
    • 3x12x75 -->DB Pullover
    • 3x12x75 --> DB Row
    *Note Since these were isolation movements tempo was 3-0-2.

Cool Down
    • Walked on treadmill for 10min

Since this was more of a test to see where we are at before we actually start this. I think I gotta up the weight to make it more challenging. It's all based off of you 1MR, but I never lift for strength. My lowest rep count is 5-8 with a ton of volume, I always tell people I could careless about being strong in the gym, as long as I look strong that's all that matters to me. lol of course my strength has increased, that's just a bonus.

Side Note...during the reverse grip bb rows somewhere between sets 6-7 my mid back got a SUPER pump and made the last few sets almost impossible (felt that way) that part was probably the hardest part of the whole workout.

Also I'm noticing more roundness in my muscles and my physique is looking a lot fuller. Yay! for ModernCreatine
    Never give up

Fight for what YOU believe in

Push past the threshold

Pain is only temporary, but glory last a lifetime

Instagram: @dp_808

derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh snap didn't even realize...2nd page bump!!!
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

Sweet BABY JESUS!!!

This morning was a sad one, just found out that my Modern BCAA+ is no more just put the last of it in a zip lock bag for my training session today, which will be LEGS! I think my ModernCreatine should last through the weekend into mid next week. Now for yesterdays workout:

WENT CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPPING!!! Surprised my kids, instead of going to the gym after work my wife met me after work and we went to pick a tree and Christmas decorations. When we got home let the kids go crazy and decorated the tree how they wanted lol...Since I've been overseas the past few Christmases this felt awesome. Reminded me when I was their age and anything and everything went on the tree lol it didn't have to match or make sense as long as it was related to Christmas it went on. Gave the tree tons of personality instead of those matching/fancy trees you see on t.v. lol anyways.

We will be going to the gym today doing another workout from that GVT program today is legs and consist of:

10x10 squats
    10x10 deadlifts

super set lying leg curls w/ leg extensions
    3x12

and that's it, seems pretty easy but we'll see. the trick is to find that sweet spot in the weights that will challenge you, but at the same time you will be able to complete it without dropping the weight down. I believe in programs like these you never want to drop the weight down, but increasing if it's too easy is ok. With that being said I think I'll start with 225lbs on squats and if I feel it's too easy around the 5th set I'll probably go to 275 for the last 5 sets. With the deadlifts I'm not too sure because I don't deadlift I only do rack pulls, so I think I'll start with 315lbs if I need to go up I will. This program says to pick a weight 50%-60% of your 1MR but I don't have a 1MR because I never tried.

Over All Thoughts About The Supplements
    I am very pleased with both Modern BCAA+ ModernCreatine the BCAAs is great not just for in the gym, but any activity you are doing where staying hydrated and energy flow needs to be consistent. Not only that it helps with your recovery so you won't be as sore the next day. My wife and I are very active, living in Hawaii we get the pleasure of being outdoors all year around. When we take the kids to the beach whether we're surfing or just relaxing I'll have my Modern BCAA+ right there with me, even when we go hiking I'd put 3 scoops in my 32oz water bottle and would be set. Now with the ModernCreatine I can honestly say we all know creatine is a sure thing when it comes to results. It is the poster child for the supplement game. With ModernCreatine there is no bloating what so ever. I did not experience bloating while on taking this. One side effect as with all creatine you must drink water. I think there was a few times where I didn't drink enough water for a few days and started to get a headache. Make Sure You Hydrate when taking ModernCreatine. I began notice small changes in my body and strength with in 4-5 days. I was looking a little bit fuller and was able to pump out more reps. As time went on so did the fullness and the reps along with adding more weight. I will be a regular customer for these products especially since I have a Vitamin Shoppe down the road and they sell Modern BCAA+ that way I don't have to estimate when to order it I can just go there and pick it up whenever in need. I'm sure ModernCreatine will be sold there as well if not, that's fine because I still order 90% of my supps off of bb.com

Big Shout OUT to Classic34 once again for having that awesome and fun promo for her 3,000 post. I really enjoyed doing this, and to everyone that stopped by to check in and read THANKS hope I didn't suck to bad for my first log lol... I'll report back later to confirm my workout and these last few days of my ModernCreatine usage.

Here is our Christmas Tree our kids decorated (5year daughter, 3year son)

Attached Images
    Last edited by derickp38; 12-03-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The kids were so happy, lol can't stop saying mommy no santa yet?
    instagram.com/apierce808

DerickP38 + AnaPierce = < SWOLEMATES 3

Completed Log:

Prime Nutrition Stack - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164851201&page=2

HIT Supplements Women's Pre Workout & Fat Burner Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165980201

Red face Ho...ly shyt!!!!

Everything I said in the above post about today's Leg routine should be easy was very, very, VERY underestimated! lol I've done a ton of crazy volume leg routines that would just destroy people. I've also done 10sets of 10 using 225lbs no problem, at one point in time last year I did 5sets of 20 with 225. I even did Mike Rashid's Squat Marathon (if you don't know it just youtube it), but nothing has come even CLOSE to what I experienced tonight. The fact that you have to stick to that tempo (4-0-2) is what kills you. Nothing is harder than wanting to power through your set by pumping out the reps, but knowing you can't and continue to descend so slow that it causes the deepest burn EVER. Our gym was pretty packed so we got stuck using the smith machine for our squats, which I hate with a passion. The smith machine makes my lower back get a super pump that hurts like crazy. The fact that it only goes straight up and down is uncomfortable for me. I find free weight squats the best because I can adjust the angle of my upper body when needed. On top of having to do our squats in the smith machine by the time we finished about 45mins later the gym was so packed we didn't get a chance to do deadlifts and had to go straight into the SuperSet of lying leg curls and leg extensions. so this is what we did:

SETSxREPSxWEIGHT --> 5X12X135 or REPSxWEIGHT --> 12x135

Warm-Up
    Squats
    • 2x12x135

Working Sets
    Squats
    • 10x10x225

*Note the tempo was 4-0-2 (4 count going down, then change direction and 2 count going up)

SuperSet
    Lying Leg Curls w/ Leg Extensions
    • 12x90
    • 12x70
    • failure x60

*Note last set of leg curls My hams were so pumped ended up getting Charley horses in both so had to half rep with only 60lbs

• 3x12x130

Even though we didn't get to do our 10x10 deadlift I still feel good about finishing the squat portion with that weight and that tempo. I had completely forgot about the tempo when I posted earlier, but when I got to the gym my wife was quick to remind me that we had to go down very slow lol she told me why don't you just lighten the weight? but being the "MAN" I am I was like HELL NO I started with this weight I'm gonna finish with this weight! lol Toughest. Thing. Ever. I really wish I still had my Modern BCAA+ for recovery reason but hopefully the ModernCreatine will be enough on it's own.
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) anapierce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by derickp38 View Post
    Everything I said in the above post about today's Leg routine should be easy was very, very, VERY underestimated! lol I've done a ton of crazy volume leg routines that would just destroy people. I've also done 10sets of 10 using 225lbs no problem, at one point in time last year I did 5sets of 20 with 225. I even did Mike Rashid's Squat Marathon (if you don't know it just youtube it), but nothing has come even CLOSE to what I experienced tonight. The fact that you have to stick to that tempo (4-0-2) is what kills you. Nothing is harder than wanting to power through your set by pumping out the reps, but knowing you can't and continue to descend so slow that it causes the deepest burn EVER. Our gym was pretty packed so we got stuck using the smith machine for our squats, which I hate with a passion. The smith machine makes my lower back get a super pump that hurts like crazy. The fact that it only goes straight up and down is uncomfortable for me. I find free weight squats the best because I can adjust the angle of my upper body when needed. On top of having to do our squats in the smith machine by the time we finished about 45mins later the gym was so packed we didn't get a chance to do deadlifts and had to go straight into the SuperSet of lying leg curls and leg extensions. so this is what we did:

SETSxREPSxWEIGHT --> 5X12X135 or REPSxWEIGHT --> 12x135

Warm-Up
    Squats
    • 2x12x135

Working Sets
    Squats
    • 10x10x225

*Note the tempo was 4-0-2 (4 count going down, then change direction and 2 count going up)

SuperSet
    Lying Leg Curls w/ Leg Extensions
    • 12x90
    • 12x70
    • failure x60

*Note last set of leg curls My hams were so pumped ended up getting Charley horses in both so had to half rep with only 60lbs

• 3x12x130

Even though we didn't get to do our 10x10 deadlift I still feel good about finishing the squat portion with that weight and that tempo. I had completely forgot about the tempo when I posted earlier, but when I got to the gym my wife was quick to remind me that we had to go down very slow lol she told me why don't you just lighten the weight? but being the "MAN" I am I was like HELL NO I started with this weight I'm gonna finish with this weight! lol Toughest. Thing. Ever. I really wish I still had my Modern BCAA+ for recovery reason but hopefully the ModernCreatine will be enough on it's own.

I couldn't believe how hard that was last night.. I was trying my best not to throw up lol wanted to past out at the end, but I actually like training like that I feel amazing right now
    instagram.com/apierce808

Completed Log:

Prime Nutrition Stack - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164851201&page=2

HIT Supplements Women's Pre Workout & Fat Burner Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165980201

**UPDATE**

Went to bed with legs cramping from last night's Leg session, thinking I would wake up in agony. I was wrong, woke up feeling pretty good just a little tightness in my quads and that's pretty much it. I think sippin on my Modern BCAA+ during the session really helped with the way I felt waking up this morning. My body recovers relatively faster than the average person without taking anything, but I was at least expecting some kind of hurt/walking funny. YaY for Modern BCAA+.

Since today is a non-lifting day and I'm out of my Modern BCAA+ I took my ModernCreatine this morning roughly 1-2hours after my mid-morning snack.

I think doing this new training plan will get me to front squat that 405 I've had my eye on. The next leg routine is pretty much the same but with FRONT squats. Can you imagine the pain that is going to cause with that slow A$$ tempo lol. Anyways I'll keep updating these last few days while the supplement last. Thanks again for the support.

Never give up

Push past the threshold

Talking

Yea I thought I was fine too, come to find out I'm glad today is a recovery day LEGS ARE TIGGGGHHHHTT!!!
    instagram.com/apierce808

Completed Log:

Thumbs up WELL, well, WELL...What do we have here?

Well the DREADED 2nd day after LEG DAY is upon us today and I was feeling good yesterday, but found I was walkin' a little funny this morning lol My hamstrings are tight as hell right now really wishing I had some more Modern BCAA+ to help with this, looks like I'll be making a pit stop at one of the local supps shops that sells it and pick up 30 of them B*TCHES as far as my ModernCreatine I have 3 more scoops left I counted them this morning. I do however have a back up supply of creatine (different company) so I will be using that and choose which one I like better will be the one I start buying

For Today's workout it will be Shoulders and Arms; still doing the GVT program I will list below what I except to do, but will confirm what I actually do later tonight once I get home.

Main Lift
    Shoulder Press *Note I will be doing these standing NOT seated.
    • 10x10x65

Lateral Raises *Note I will be doing these seated NOT standing.
    • 10x10x20

Super Set
    Dumbbell Curls w/ Cable Tricep Extensions
    • 3x12x?
    *Note not sure what weight I'll be using for these for DB curls between 45-55lbs and tri's somewhere around 100lbs just want to really focus on the contractions more than the weight. That's how I like to work my arms.

You may look at this and say, "that does not look hard what so ever." Keep in mind the TEMPO (4-0-2) is what makes it hard. I also like standing during DB shoulder press to make it more of a challenge for me. I can easily sit and rep 100lbs DB on shoulder press for a good 3-5reps, but standing I can only rep 90's for 5-7reps a big difference, plus it helps engage my core as well. same goes with lateral raises, I like the challenge and doing them seated, takes awat the body swing and makes it a little more difficult. I like to make lifting a challenge for me, that is the only way I stay interested. Finding new ways to push my limits keeps me coming back day after day.

Like I said earlier I will come back later tonight and Update my actual routine and weight I actually used
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

USPlabs Product Educator classic34's Avatar
    classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Woah... I'd say this has been a very successful week! Basic stuff... BCAAs and creatine, but made way, way better (and tastier). Staying tuned for your final review...

Originally Posted by derickp38 View Post

Wish I saw this Saturday before I attempted my 405 front squat

This is great. Good thing I'm training legs tonight!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

Information, advice and recommendations in this post are at the reader's sole discretion and risk and are not to be interpreted as an attempt to prescribe or practice medicine. You should see a licensed doctor before starting any diet and/or exercise program or when making health-related decisions. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

Thumbs up A little MOTIVATION for this ALOHA FRIDAY!!!!

TIME TO DO WORK!!!

Never give up

Push past the threshold

Talking Once again I UNDERESTIMATED this program...

Once again I have underestimated this GVT Program lol. I'm not used to having to push my EGO to the side, but this program make's sure there is NO EGO lifting here. I'm going to get right to it and not waste any more time because my shoulders are still pumped, I'm barley able to type this shyt lol... Without further ado:

example of break down: SETSxREPSxWEIGHT --> 5x12x135 or REPSxWEIGHT --> 12x135

Warm-Up
    Standing DB Shoulder Press
    • 15x60
    • 15x55
    • 12x45

Working Sets
    Standing/Seated DB Shoulder Press
    • 10x10x50 *Note* Did the first 7 sets standing before my shoulders just gave out and did the last 3 sets seated

Seated Lateral Raises
    • 10x20
    • 9x10x15
    *Note* I did the first set with 20lb DB, but it felt like I was about to take a visit to SNAP CITY and I had no intention on visiting lol. That's why I dropped the weight after the first set.

Super Set
    Standing DB Curls w/ Triceps Rope Pulldowns
    • Rope Pulldowns: 100x12
    • 110x12
    • 120x12
    • DB Curls: 50x10
    • 40x12
    • 40x12

Cool Down
    • 10 mins on treadmil

Reminder! The tempo is 4-0-2 for the 2 compound movements i.e. DB Shoulder Press and Lateral Raises, and it's 3-0-2 for the 2 isolation Super Sets
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

Final day bump! getting ready for day 4 of GVT program chest and back
    instagram.com/apierce808

Completed Log:

Cool The END is FINALLY HERE

Today is the day that this log comes to an END. Even though this wasn't a requirement I'm glad I did. I did enjoy doing this (even if i was basically talking to myself ) I will log my workout I did today give some closing remarks on what I think about the products and lastly I'll come back later and post my final review link in here as well. SO LET'S GET TO IT!!

set break down example SETSxREPSxWEIGHT --> 5x12x135 or REPSxWEIGHT --> 12x135

Warm-Up
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    • 65x15
    • 70x12
    *Note* warm up reps were slower than then tempo (4-0-2) to get a good stretch.

Working Sets
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    • 10x10x75

*Note* The last 2 sets ESPECIALLY the last were crazy hard around 7th rep. Crazy that 75lb DB felt like 200lb DB lol.

Bent Over Barbell Rows (overhand grip)
    • 4x10x185
    • 10x205 *Note* 185lbs was feeling too light so went up to 205lbs for the 5th set, still felt light so finish the last 5 sets at 225lbs
    • 5x10x225

Super Set
    Incline Dumbbell Flies w/ One Arm Cable Row

Incline Dumbbell Flies
    • 12x35

• 12x40

• 12x50

One Arm Cable Row
    • 12x85

• 12x100

• 11x130

Today's workout was pretty good. I felt like I was stronger doing the overhand grip on the bent over rows than the reverse grip. Last time when we had to do the reverse grip rows, when we got half way my back was a lot more pumped and sore using the 185lbs than it was today, that's why I ended up going to 225lbs. That's when things got interesting by the end of the rows my upper back had been blasted and was shot to hell. I'm really starting to like this workout program. But enough with the workout and ON TO THE SUPPS!!!

FINAL THOUGHTS!!! Modern BCAA+ is by far one of the best intra-workout BCAAs on the market. At only $29.93 for that big of a tub is a steal. I find taking 3 scoops per day worked best for me 2 scoops (1 serving) intra-workout and 1 scoop (half of serving) either before bed or first thing waking up some people may not have to take that many scoops. 2 scoops = 1 serving so you get a total of 60 scoops in one tub, compared to some others that you're lucky if you get a full 30. I have notice since I've been out of my Modern BCAA+ for about a week or so, I am a lot more sore and takes longer to recover. That tells me next pay check I'm on my way to pick up some more of them lol. Now where so I begin with ModernCreatine, let's just say its creatine so we all know it works! But this specific creatine will not get you bloated for one. You only need 1 scoop per day and the effects start to come in around day 4 or so (for me anyways). This stuff dissolves pretty good, not like pure creatine hcl but it has virtually no taste. I took 1 scoop of ModernCreatine in roughly 8oz of just water, and it had the most faint after taste to it. No bitterness, wasn't salty, nothing almost like I was just drinking a regular glass of water.

THANK YOU AGING CLASSIC34 USPlabs is one hell of a company

final review will be up either tonight or tomorrow, I will post the link in this thread as I say one last good bye

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/us...bcaa-plus.html
    Attached Images
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

well the time is here time to end this log here is the link to my final review if you're interested: http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...hp?t=165437401

now get out there and get some GAINZ
    Last edited by derickp38; 12-09-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    Never give up

Push past the threshold

USPlabs Product Educator classic34's Avatar
    classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000) classic34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Derick when I click the link I get a "not found" message. Looking forward to reading your final review!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

Information, advice and recommendations in this post are at the reader's sole discretion and risk and are not to be interpreted as an attempt to prescribe or practice medicine. You should see a licensed doctor before starting any diet and/or exercise program or when making health-related decisions. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Hey Derick when I click the link I get a "not found" message. Looking forward to reading your final review!
    that's weird I don't know why it does that, hopefully this will work: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=165437401
    Never give up

Push past the threshold