BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist Pain - Not sure from where

Been in the gym 4 days a week regularly, and one morning, after waking up, my left wrist was in quite a bit of pain for the rest of the day. Not face squinting pain, but definitely bothered and hindered me for the rest of the day.
    Stretched it out a lot and the next day, normal wrist actions are fine, except for some particular bends in the wrist.
    I can bend my hand back and forth easily, but i cant twist my hand. Holding weight also hurts enough to affect my curls for example.

Is this simply from sleeping stupidly one night and it'll settle, or is going to the gym just not going to allow it to heal?

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It could be from sleeping on it funny, I actually have had this happen to me a couple of times.

Hope this helps

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile

My wrist has been giving me grief for a while now, but I just train around it. It would probably heal up if I stopped training for a couple of weeks. I don't do any exercises that I feel pain from, but my wrist does always feel stiff after training. There's only really one exercise I can't do and that's hammer curls.

I wear wrist straps to, for extra support, maybe you could try getting a pair of those. If though it starts causing you any major pain when your working out, then your better off taking some time off.

BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BubbleFish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    It could be from sleeping on it funny, I actually have had this happen to me a couple of times.

Hope this helps
    How long did the pain take to subside? Did you train with the pain?

oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000) oldballs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ;131269716BubbleFish1
    How long did the pain take to subside? Did you train with the pain?
    The first time it happened it was a combination of sleeping on it funny and repetitive motions at work, I only noticed I was sleeping on it funny when I got some splints and couldn't get comfortable sleeping because I couldn't lay on them lol. It took months to heal but my job at the time was very hard on my wrists.

The second time was just a couple weeks ago, I wore a brace for a couple days and I was right as rain. I trained through it both times.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've had it happen previously before also. Training and non-training related. Training related came from doing heavy weight high rep shrugs on one of those hammer strength shrug machines. Also jumping back into weighted chins after not doing them for months. In both cases the soft tissue in my wrists weren't ready for all that.
    Only remedy was rest along with supplementing cissus and fish oil. Honestly rest without the sups probably healed it but I did take them at the times.

Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    The first time it happened it was a combination of sleeping on it funny and repetitive motions at work, I only noticed I was sleeping on it funny when I got some splints and couldn't get comfortable sleeping because I couldn't lay on them lol. It took months to heal but my job at the time was very hard on my wrists.

The second time was just a couple weeks ago, I wore a brace for a couple days and I was right as rain. I trained through it both times.
    Okay thanks for the information. I think I might get a wrist brace strap and see the doctor if the pain is still here in a few days.
    Just hoping this won't ruin my barbell curls as I've read that people can't do them anymore.

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    I've had it happen previously before also. Training and non-training related. Training related came from doing heavy weight high rep shrugs on one of those hammer strength shrug machines. Also jumping back into weighted chins after not doing them for months. In both cases the soft tissue in my wrists weren't ready for all that.
    Only remedy was rest along with supplementing cissus and fish oil. Honestly rest without the sups probably healed it but I did take them at the times.
    Approximately how long were you out of training?

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BubbleFish View Post
    Approximately how long were you out of training?
    None. The worst time (from the shrug machine) I had to work around it for 2 weeks or so. I just concentrated on leg workouts and pressing.
    I could press fine. As far as curls I started doing the seated machine curl machine with open palms and discovered that absolutely fries the biceps with very little wrist and forearm involvement. Anything where I need the grip the weight and curl up or hold heavier weights downward (think RDLs) was painful though. I couldn't do most back movements because my wrists would start burning after a few sets. At the time all I could do for back was a pullover machine and weighted back extensions. I tried straps but them pulling the weight on my wrists just made it worse. It was a lot of working around but wasn't too terrible.

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Okay thanks for the information. I think I might get a wrist brace strap and see the doctor if the pain is still here in a few days.
    Just hoping this won't ruin my barbell curls as I've read that people can't do them anymore.
    Try an EZ bar to begin with, or just use dumbells.

Originally Posted by hanger1989 View Post
    Try an EZ bar to begin with, or just use dumbells.
    My regular routine involves only the EZ bar and dumbbells... they give me a lot of pain since this wrist thing has happened.

EDIT: Bad working. I mean the only equipment I use for biceps are the EZ bar and dumbbells. Which both give me pain in the wrist since the incident.

Smile

My regular routine involves only the EZ bar and dumbbells... they give me a lot of pain since this wrist thing has happened.

EDIT: Bad working. I mean the only equipment I use for biceps are the EZ bar and dumbbells. Which both give me pain in the wrist since the incident.
    Maybe it's time to stop training biceps for a few weeks then mate. Your biceps will still get hit from back exercises anyways. If though you have to hit your biceps try curls with dumbells lying back on an incline bench, for 12-15 reps. This exercise is tough, so you won't be able to handle much weight, therefore less stress should go on your wrists. If that still hurts try curls on the cable machine. You can use the bar, or the rope attachment for hammer curls.

Obviously though if your in any pain doing any exercise, stop right away.

Originally Posted by hanger1989 View Post
    Maybe it's time to stop training biceps for a few weeks then mate. Your biceps will still get hit from back exercises anyways. If though you have to hit your biceps try curls with dumbells lying back on an incline bench, for 12-15 reps. This exercise is tough, so you won't be able to handle much weight, therefore less stress should go on your wrists. If that still hurts try curls on the cable machine. You can use the bar, or the rope attachment for hammer curls.

Obviously though if your in any pain doing any exercise, stop right away.
    May take a break from curls. Will try out some straps though.

Funny that, I also do incline dumbbell curls.

Went in for back and biceps. The pain was there, but not as bad, but I paid close attention to my form and realised that my wrists cant go straight. I just dont have the strength to do it so I've only just realised that all this time ive been curling, i havent had my wrist straight, which is probably how I've messed my left wrist.

How can I train my wrist strength to keep up with my bicep strength? I seem to be able to add small increments of weight every two weeks, but obviously, my wrist is no where near keeping up.

Any tips?