Registered User SmithTheUnknown's Avatar
    SmithTheUnknown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to this whole workout thing.

So I'm not entirely new to working out, I'm 16 despite the age on my profile (never know when you'll be turned away for age) I recently have gained some weight oh about the last few years. I was in wrestling and was in perfect shape but was forced to quit. Since then I've lost all my motivation and have become a damn nerd.

I'm lookin to lose weight like all noobs. I have no idea what to search or where to look, I can across this in accident searching for something. I have no real knowledge of workouts I can do AT home till the start of December when I'll have a gym membership.

If anyone could help give me something to go off of or to go to for excersises that'd be cool!

Published Fitness Author Bradster101190's Avatar
    Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000) Bradster101190 is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off welcome to the forum!

For a great bodyweight program until until you get to the gym my friend Chris wrote a great article located here
    http://www.t-nation.com/training/teaching-a-kid-to-lift

After you get to the gym hit the compound exercises in 6-8 or 6-10 reps and isolation movements 8-12 rep schemes . Pick a weight somewhere in there and once you hit 8 or 12 reps increase the resistance. After a while change the reps around , just don't get caught up in maxing out until your experienced or you can injure yourself. The primary goal of a beginner is to get stronger and bigger WHILE learning to train a way that will support you your entire life, lifting recklessly will sideline you early .

Remember your goal is to provide increased resistance so your body continually adapt and grows. Use correct form to place maximum tension on the target muscle.

Pull ups , Dips, deadlifts and Squats are your best friends. Bench, rows and Overhead press your good friends along with curls and tricep extensions.

Consider full body training , it would work great for you.

On your abs breath out when you contract them on any exercise , they can't full contract completely with air. That should make you feel them twice as good the first workout. There's a million ab exercises to choose from , see which one suits you best.

And that is the same for any body part.

If your goal is to build a big chest but you rely on bench because everyone said it's the best but YOU don't feel your chest working then change the parameters until you do. You should feel your target muscle working the first few sets every session , no exceptions . You are trying to build muscle not just move the weight from A to B
    Fitness Author at Bodybuilding.com, T-Nation, EliteFTS
    Owner of Brad-Kelly.com
    Read More Of My Work At: https://www.brad-kelly.com/recent-articles/