yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help losing weight with hypothyroidism

Hey guys,

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 3 years ago, and its very hard for me to lose weight.. The Dr told me patients with hypothyroidism affect the metabolism, and its harder to lose weight if its not under control …. So was on meds for 2 years and still nothing changed levels were out of whack and couldn’t lose weight, always felt tried and at time felt swollen…… until a friend told me about kelp, its helps the body produce the iodine that lack with the hypothyroidism and have been taking this for about 4 months now and have noticed some weight losing but not much……. And went to go get retested for my thyroid levels and they are finally good!!!
    So my question is what do you guys recommended with a person trying to lose weight having hypothyroidism ?? ….I go to the gym 4-6 days a week, and I am starting to learn how to eat good. I am not a breakfast eater so I take a protein in the morning…. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At the end of the day it will come down to the same thing as everyone else, caloric deficit. Since you have addressed the medication side then track and log your intake accurately and make sure you are in a caloric deficit.

theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Getting a lot of iodine in your diet will help. Might look into something called Armour, it's a natural T3 compound derived from pig's thyroid glands. Stay way from Soy.

Also, I think with hypothyrodiasm, blood flow into your adipose tissue(fat) is bad, so anything that can increase blood flow will help. THere are certain foods that are supposed to help with that. Also there is a supplement called Yohimbine HCL, that can help increase blood flow to fat areas.

yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) yadira98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    At the end of the day it will come down to the same thing as everyone else, caloric deficit. Since you have addressed the medication side then track and log your intake accurately and make sure you are in a caloric deficit.
    Thanks........I know huh....lol..... i have been seeing that alot on the caloric deficit!!... How or where can i count caloric deficit, i am not good at this and new to the world of caloric deficit thing....... so anythig would help

Originally Posted by theta View Post
    Getting a lot of iodine in your diet will help. Might look into something called Armour, it's a natural T3 compound derived from pig's thyroid glands. Stay way from Soy.

Also, I think with hypothyrodiasm, blood flow into your adipose tissue(fat) is bad, so anything that can increase blood flow will help. THere are certain foods that are supposed to help with that. Also there is a supplement called Yohimbine HCL, that can help increase blood flow to fat areas.
    I have taking Kelp, which is an iodine supplement and have been taking it for about 3 months and have noticed some changes not weight lose.... my clothes fits loser....... i work out 4-6 days a week...... and have been gaining instead of losing, but then again...clothes don’t it tight or anything...people say i am gaining muscle, so IDK... for me i want the scale to go down not up!!!..
    I stopped taking my meds.... they weren’t helping at all!!.......my labs kept coming back high low, etc...... that’s when a friend told me about kelp, and just did my 6 month check up and level were good, which i was really expected about ……….Not everyone understands that hypothyroidism is bad and can damage your glands and metabolism , some think is nothing.... by my aunt got cancer cuz of this, and she is always pressuring me into taking care of my thyroid. So its kinds scare

Is Armour good to take?? What is the suppose of this??

So Yohimbine HCL would help with blood flow???

theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10) theta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yadira98 View Post
    Is Armour good to take?? What is the suppose of this??

So Yohimbine HCL would help with blood flow???
    I don't know anything about Armour , just read in a book that some people with hypothyroidism had good results with weight lose using it. I would definitely search around here for more info about it.

Yohimbine HCL is a stimulant that helps stubborn fat loss - usually is mostly used on people who are in single digit BF % and want to lose that last bit of stubborn fat. But it also helps a lot with blood flow, so it may be worth a try in your case. Make sure you do a lot of research about it and check out the dosage/protocol, it's a strong stimulate and some people have bad side effects.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    ^

I wouldnt waist money on Yohimbine hcl at 198.

All you need is a calorie deficit and some good training, beyond keeping up with thyroid with health professionals.

What is your TDEE and training like currently?

Do you measure and or weight your food?

Have you ever tracked your intake for the day?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    ^

I wouldnt waist money on Yohimbine hcl at 198.

All you need is a calorie deficit and some good training, beyond keeping up with thyroid with health professionals.

Thanks, see I fluctuate between 198-206 lbs.. I weighed myself yesterday at the gym and was close to 206, but my friend said not to worry that I am gaining muscle, but still I want the scale to go down not up!!!
    MY TDEE according to a website is 2594………… my training currently is 30 min cardio treadmill (walking/jogging)……… then do arms or legs…… starting to get some abs days in there!!
    No I do not measure or weight my food………... Need to buy scale, but I am still trying to learn how to eat right and what!!
    No I haven’t, don’t know where to begin or an app!!.............i am not a breakfast person, so that’s why I take a protein shake in the morning…… and try to be moderate on what I eat in thru the day….. I cut down on sodas don’t drink them……. I drink lots of water or green tea either hot or cold…..
    IDK what else I could do?
    Last edited by yadira98; 11-20-2014 at 01:16 PM.

RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get the myfitnesspal app on your phone. Try and at least estimate the food until you can get a scale.

Based on your sex, age, height and current weight, your TDEE with no exercise at all is 1875. If you worked out everyday your TDEE is more like 2550. See how there is a large difference there? That is a large enough difference that if you ate as if you worked out everyday but then only worked out a day or 2 a week, you would actually be eating at a surplus (i.e. bulking). So be real with your self, it only hurts your goals and you if you aren't. No one wants to think they are dieting for a month only to see no results.

Don't be afraid to lift some serious weights to go along with the cardio stuff. Lifting and gaining muscle will increase your metabolism and only make losing fat happen quicker. Remember that spot removal of fat does not happen. You can't remove fat from your abs by doing crunches. You can build ab muscles but until you are 12-14% body fat, you will never see them anyway.

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Try to make it fun so that you are more likely to stick to it for a long long time.
    *Misc Mechanical Engineer Crew*
    *Vasectomy crew*
    *Denver Broncos crew*
    *Kawasaki Motorcycle crew*

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good deal OP.

Tryibg to get a handle on your intake and getting to where you are losing weight steadily is the key. If you are eating in a deficit you will lose weight. Takes a while to get the hang of it. Try to be consistent. But a $10-15 digital food scale. It helps in getting a handle on what you are really eating.

My tdee is 2900, I diet on 2300 cals usually. The calculator is an estimate. I know my tdee from tracking for years.

Fitday, myfitnesspal, or my prefered sparkpeople all will allow you to track your intake. I like spark people because the usda for many foods is in there already. Doesnt matter too much which you use.

Keep it simple, pick a calorie and macros goal and run with it, track progresss and adjust as needed.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by RH709 View Post
    Get the myfitnesspal app on your phone. Try and at least estimate the food until you can get a scale.

Based on your sex, age, height and current weight, your TDEE with no exercise at all is 1875. If you worked out everyday your TDEE is more like 2550. See how there is a large difference there? That is a large enough difference that if you ate as if you worked out everyday but then only worked out a day or 2 a week, you would actually be eating at a surplus (i.e. bulking). So be real with your self, it only hurts your goals and you if you aren't. No one wants to think they are dieting for a month only to see no results.

Don't be afraid to lift some serious weights to go along with the cardio stuff. Lifting and gaining muscle will increase your metabolism and only make losing fat happen quicker. Remember that spot removal of fat does not happen. You can't remove fat from your abs by doing crunches. You can build ab muscles but until you are 12-14% body fat, you will never see them anyway.

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Try to make it fun so that you are more likely to stick to it for a long long time.
    LOL... I don’t know how more real I can get!!!...I just want to lose weight, and this damn hypothyroidism is not helping…… I will try the fitness pal app, I have heard a lot about the app and that helps you figure out things….
    My weight fluctuates between 198-205 lbs, I weighed myself yesterday at the gym and I was at 205, which friends say its good cuz I am probably gaining muscle…. Clothes don’t fit tighter or anything which is good, but still for me as a girl want the scale to go down and not up….
    I got my TDEE from thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx, and it said the 2500, with weight of 205, height 5’3 and age 34… with moderate exercise, so don’t know if there is a more accurate website I can look at!! And that is a big difference, but what does that mean??? But I should be eating less than 2500 right, I went to a weight Dr last year and she wanted me to eat a 1300-1500 caloric intake is this correct?? See again IDK much about counting calories, eating right, weighing food, etc…. but I am willing to learn….. My goal is to lose 20-30lbs. more…… My weight goal is between 165-175 lbs…
    I do exercise 4-6 days a week……doing cardio and weights (as for lifting heavy people gives all kinds of advice some say to light moderate cuz I don’t was to get bulk and some says to lift heavy that I won’t bulk, so it’s kinda confusing for someone who really doesn’t know that much like me!!)
    So any help is greatly appreciated believe me.. Thanks 

RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RH709 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are doing the right thing and good for you for seeking the knowledge and power to accomplish your goals

When I said be honest with yourself what I meant was, don't claim or eat as if you are exercising 5/6 days a week if you are really exercising 1/2 days a week. If you are excising 5/6 days a week and calculate your TDEE for that then you are safe. If, at some point, you cut back the exercise and still want to lose weight then recalculate your TDEE based on your new activity level.

Don't get the phrases "bulk" or "bulky" and "bulking" confused. Listen to your friends that say that lifting heavy weights will NOT make you bulky. Females average a hundred to 2 hundred times less testosterone then men and even we have trouble trying to get big and bulky. Any jacked up, bulky, female body builder you have ever seen is on some sort of hormone alteration. You will gain muscle by lifting heavy but you will get that "toned" look that girls talk about wanting, you will not get huge and jacked. So lift heavy and stick to the 6 to 8 rep range. It will only help you lose the body fat you are trying to lose.

We all fluctuate in weight like you describe. If you want to track your weight don't jump on the scale every day. Pick a time once a week to stand on it and look. Weigh yourself every Monday morning before work or something like that. A 500 calorie deficit calculates to about one pound of weight loss a week. Don't get hasty with this, play the long game. You didn't gain the weight over night so don't expect to lose it over night. Those are the mental hurdles that you need to recognize and just plow through.

Once you follow this and start seeing the results, it gets addicting. Make it a life style and you will succeed. Check out some strength training programs like Starting Strength. The nice thing about a progressive loading program is that you see the strength gains and that keeps you motivated.

http://www.niashanks.com/30-rules-li...-look-awesome/
    Last edited by RH709; 11-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    *Vasectomy crew*
    *Denver Broncos crew*

You are doing the right thing and good for you for seeking the knowledge and power to accomplish your goals

When I said be honest with yourself what I meant was, don't claim or eat as if you are exercising 5/6 days a week if you are really exercising 1/2 days a week. If you are excising 5/6 days a week and calculate your TDEE for that then you are safe. If, at some point, you cut back the exercise and still want to lose weight then recalculate your TDEE based on your new activity level.

Don't get the phrases "bulk" or "bulky" and "bulking" confused. Listen to your friends that say that lifting heavy weights will NOT make you bulky. Females average a hundred to 2 hundred times less testosterone then men and even we have trouble trying to get big and bulky. Any jacked up, bulky, female body builder you have ever seen is on some sort of hormone alteration. You will gain muscle by lifting heavy but you will get that "toned" look that girls talk about wanting, you will not get huge and jacked. So lift heavy and stick to the 6 to 8 rep range. It will only help you lose the body fat you are trying to lose.

We all fluctuate in weight like you describe. If you want to track your weight don't jump on the scale every day. Pick a time once a week to stand on it and look. Weigh yourself every Monday morning before work or something like that. A 500 calorie deficit calculates to about one pound of weight loss a week. Don't get hasty with this, play the long game. You didn't gain the weight over night so don't expect to lose it over night. Those are the mental hurdles that you need to recognize and just plow through.

Once you follow this and start seeing the results, it gets addicting. Make it a life style and you will succeed. Check out some strength training programs like Starting Strength. The nice thing about a progressive loading program is that you see the strength gains and that keeps you motivated.
    Thank you, I know what you mean and believe me i started going 2 times tot he gym and it was killing me and then i started going more and i got addicated to it and starting liking it , helped out with stress alot!!!.....before i couldnt even run on the treadmill cuz of my asthma.,... and now i can jog up to 3 mins and then power walk and then jog, but i learned thru a friend to take my inhaler before i excerise cuz that would help and it does make a big difference, so in a way i am proud of that alone!!! ..... I starting going more to the gym even on the weekends when i dont have my kids!!..... Oh and cool on the heavy lifting cuz they got me confused on that when they said dont lift heavy cuz you will bulk...i was like what!!!..... And by reps you mean like if i do the leg press & hack squat machine i do 15 of them by 6-8 times..... cuz i do 15-25--3 times which i assume is 15-25 squats by 3 reps right??????
    And this whole TDEE, measure food and all that, i need to get on the program on how to do it better...

Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you on any medication for your hypothyroid condition (you have not mentioned it)? If your doctor did not prescribe anything for your condition then I would get a new doctor. Armour is a prescription drug and usually difficult to have prescribed. The generally accepted medication is synthroid/levothyroxine. It is possible to lose weight with hypothyroidism. At least now your levels are in check it should be easier to lose the weight. You will have to look into your nutrition greatly to accomplish this.

For myself I have hypothyroidism and take 125 mcg of levothyroxine (used to be 150). I have lost over 100 pounds in the last year. I would suggest hiring a nutritionist if you need help. The basic principles I followed were, I ate 300-400 calories below my BMR which is Basic Metabolic Rate. I know most use TDEE but my nutritionist doesn't follow that. I have cut out sugar and eat a lot of healthy fats. My carb intake from starches was low as well, about 3 servings a week. Most carbs where sourced from vegetables. I trained with weights 3-4 times a week and did cardio and walks 3-5 times a week. After the initial stages I lost about 2-3 pounds a week. You will probably want to be like 1-2 pounds per week (adjust your calories by a 1-200 untill you can achieve this). Good luck. Once you find the recipe that works for you just keep at it and look at it as a process.

As for a breakfast shake here is what I used and is a great breakfast. Makes a great shake that keeps you full for hours and supplies veggies and healthy fats. It tastes good to, you can't tell the spinach is there.
    1 cup protein
    1 cup almond milk
    3-5 frozen strawberries
    1 cup spinach
    4-8 oz of water
    3-4 ice cubes
    1 tsp of coconut oil.

Originally Posted by Kareivis View Post
    Are you on any medication for your hypothyroid condition (you have not mentioned it)? If your doctor did not prescribe anything for your condition then I would get a new doctor. Armour is a prescription drug and usually difficult to have prescribed. The generally accepted medication is synthroid/levothyroxine. It is possible to lose weight with hypothyroidism. At least now your levels are in check it should be easier to lose the weight. You will have to look into your nutrition greatly to accomplish this.

For myself I have hypothyroidism and take 125 mcg of levothyroxine (used to be 150). I have lost over 100 pounds in the last year. I would suggest hiring a nutritionist if you need help. The basic principles I followed were, I ate 300-400 calories below my BMR which is Basic Metabolic Rate. I know most use TDEE but my nutritionist doesn't follow that. I have cut out sugar and eat a lot of healthy fats. My carb intake from starches was low as well, about 3 servings a week. Most carbs where sourced from vegetables. I trained with weights 3-4 times a week and did cardio and walks 3-5 times a week. After the initial stages I lost about 2-3 pounds a week. You will probably want to be like 1-2 pounds per week (adjust your calories by a 1-200 untill you can achieve this). Good luck. Once you find the recipe that works for you just keep at it and look at it as a process.

As for a breakfast shake here is what I used and is a great breakfast. Makes a great shake that keeps you full for hours and supplies veggies and healthy fats. It tastes good to, you can't tell the spinach is there.
    1 cup protein
    1 cup almond milk
    3-5 frozen strawberries
    1 cup spinach
    4-8 oz of water
    3-4 ice cubes
    1 tsp of coconut oil.

Yes was taking 125 mcg of levothyroxine and 100 mcg and the last was 50 mcg and my test always came back all whacked out... so stop taking then May of last year.... and then in March of year a friend told me about Kelp so started taking that and got tested last month and my level came out normal....
    Thanks for the info I will try to cut down on the calories.. I am a newbie so it will take me some time until I get the hang of it...
    And are this cups or scoops???
    1 cup protein
    1 cup almond milk
    3-5 frozen strawberries
    1 cup spinach
    4-8 oz of water
    3-4 ice cubes
    1 tsp of coconut oil.

Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kareivis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool. I will have to look into the kelp thing as well. How did your test come back "whacky"? Usually it is based on TSH levels, mine started out at 23 and then after a few prescription tweaks came back to a more avg level (around 4 if I remember right). Just curious as to what your experience was.

1 scoop protein not 1 cup, also use the unsweetened almond milk(I like the silk brand due to less added ingredients compared to blue diamond and others. The shake will be around 300-350 calories. Starting out can be information overload so I understand. One thing that has helped me out also was having a menu planned for every day. This takes the guess work out of adding your calories up. It will help you become more structured as you can plan out your meals for a week make your grocery list then all you have to do is measure it out each day. You will know what you are eating ahead of time instead of making the decision each day and back filling your calorie totals. This also helped me not to eat out as often and make a pour choice at a restaurant or get hungry and over eat.

I have my usual staples and go to's. I will list a few to help you out.

Typical AM snack
    15-30 almonds (the range is to adjust calories for the day)
    1 cup strawberries (typically the only fruit I ate as it is low in sugar compared to others)

Typical PM snack
    1-2 tablespoons of almond or sunflower seed butter
    2 stalks of celery or baby carrots or cucumbers
    hard boiled egg

Typical Lunch:
    salad with 3 oz chicken
    1/2-1 avocado
    mixed vegetables or tomatoes

or
    3 oz chicken with green beens or zuchinni
    1/2-1 avocado

Dinner: usually had more variety but typically 3 ozs of meat and a vegetable. this was usually the smallest big meal of the day.

Do you have an idea of what your calorie range is now?
    Last edited by Kareivis; 11-21-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Originally Posted by yadira98 View Post
    Thank you, I know what you mean and believe me i started going 2 times tot he gym and it was killing me and then i started going more and i got addicated to it and starting liking it , helped out with stress alot!!!.....before i couldnt even run on the treadmill cuz of my asthma.,... and now i can jog up to 3 mins and then power walk and then jog, but i learned thru a friend to take my inhaler before i excerise cuz that would help and it does make a big difference, so in a way i am proud of that alone!!! ..... I starting going more to the gym even on the weekends when i dont have my kids!!..... Oh and cool on the heavy lifting cuz they got me confused on that when they said dont lift heavy cuz you will bulk...i was like what!!!..... And by reps you mean like if i do the leg press & hack squat machine i do 15 of them by 6-8 times..... cuz i do 15-25--3 times which i assume is 15-25 squats by 3 reps right??????
    And this whole TDEE, measure food and all that, i need to get on the program on how to do it better...
    Some quick gym terminology....

Lets take something simple like bench press. If you lay on the bench and do the movement 5 times, you have completed 5 repetitions. Now you take a few minute break and then lay down and do the movement 5 more times, you have now done 2 sets of 5 reps. You will see this written as 2x5 (2 by 5).

I understand this is all very overwhelming but you really do catch on fast if you just submerse yourself in it. I recommend a progressive loading strength program because muscle mass will increase your metabolism and help you lose fat faster and because you will see the strength increases and that will help you feel like you are accomplishing something. The changes to the body can take longer and that can get frustrating if you don't have another barometer for success.

I encourage you to read this Wiki, even if it isn't something you decide to do. A lot of good information in it. http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
    *Vasectomy crew*
    *Denver Broncos crew*

Some quick gym terminology....

Lets take something simple like bench press. If you lay on the bench and do the movement 5 times, you have completed 5 repetitions. Now you take a few minute break and then lay down and do the movement 5 more times, you have now done 2 sets of 5 reps. You will see this written as 2x5 (2 by 5).

I understand this is all very overwhelming but you really do catch on fast if you just submerse yourself in it. I recommend a progressive loading strength program because muscle mass will increase your metabolism and help you lose fat faster and because you will see the strength increases and that will help you feel like you are accomplishing something. The changes to the body can take longer and that can get frustrating if you don't have another barometer for success.

I encourage you to read this Wiki, even if it isn't something you decide to do. A lot of good information in it.
    Thank you, well i was doing the reps all backwards then...lol

That websire is pretty awesome.. thank you