scotthewko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking I need your guys professional opinion!

I am having a hard time committing to a few new purchases on an attempt to build my own home gym. I have already purchased a power rack, 7' power bar, ez curl bar, 600 lbs in weight plates, chin dip/ leg raise station.

My interests would be...
    Hammer Strength Utility bench 75 Degree
    Rae Crowther Pro Awesome Utility Bench

More of a concern... Powertec Workbench Levergym.
    I like it for the high low cables for triceps, bicep curls, lat pulldown, shoulder raises. Also, the different style incline and shoulder press with pec fly attachment, switch it up from the power rack. It seems like if i purchase this i might have to buy some sort of Squat calf machine due to "awkward" squat motion from recent peoples reviews.
    I was wondering if it was in my best interest to go that route or if i should just purchase each piece of equipment seperate that the levergym would give or if there was a more effictive gym equipment set up?
    i appreciate any help.

I just wanted everyones professional opinion. Ive been researching on these forums for the past week and thats the best i figured to replace as many thing at a gym you'd need. I also know i need a leg press machine in the future.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scotthewko View Post
    I also know i need a leg press machine in the future.
    The only thing you really 'NEED', is what you already have and then a good utility bench. However, you didnt mention whether you had a set of dumbbells so my next purchase past the bench would be a set of Ironmasters or Powerblocks. Then personally I would skip the Powertec entirely and head towards a lat pulldown/low row and some various cable attachments. The list never ends and will depend on your space, wallet size, and lifting goals.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

I have dumbbell bars. I don't like the idea of power blocks or anything similar. What other machines are there other than the powertec or body solid pull down. That costs around a g is fine but not going to buy a stackable with only 300 lbs, they seem like just a waste of space but maybe I didn't find a good one?!

maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am having a hard time committing to a few new purchases on an attempt to build my own home gym. I have already purchased a power rack, 7' power bar, ez curl bar, 600 lbs in weight plates, chin dip/ leg raise station.

My interests would be...
    Hammer Strength Utility bench 75 Degree
    Rae Crowther Pro Awesome Utility Bench

More of a concern... Powertec Workbench Levergym.
    I like it for the high low cables for triceps, bicep curls, lat pulldown, shoulder raises. Also, the different style incline and shoulder press with pec fly attachment, switch it up from the power rack. It seems like if i purchase this i might have to buy some sort of Squat calf machine due to "awkward" squat motion from recent peoples reviews.
    I was wondering if it was in my best interest to go that route or if i should just purchase each piece of equipment seperate that the levergym would give or if there was a more effictive gym equipment set up?
    i appreciate any help.
    This is the bench I would buy if I were you and you ever get to Red Deer

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1032001925

If you want one of those do all Ptech's here's one in your neck of the woods

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equi...ationFlag=true

And here is a bunch of Hammer Strength and Atlantis stuff in Airdrie

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-exercise-equi...pex/1031633201
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #67 []---[]

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by maltralson View Post
    This is the bench I would buy if I were you and you ever get to Red Deer

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1032001925
    That looks really uncomfortable in its "flat" position.
    Garage Gym Owner

maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maltralson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    That looks really uncomfortable in its "flat" position.
    Surprisingly the Life Fitness ones I have used were quite comfortable, I have used a few in Hotel Gyms.

Awesome thanks for the help
    I guess I'll have to a more broad search on kijiji and look at those machines tonight. So many options, best figured out after a few beer... I'm still leaning towards the rae c bench. I know expensive but i like brand new and it's suppose to be a supreme bench.

Awesome thanks for the help
    I guess I'll have to a more broad search on kijiji and look at those machines tonight. So many options, best figured out after a few beer... I'm still leaning towards the rae c bench. I know expensive but i like brand new and it's suppose to be a supreme bench.
    I totally understand the RC bench is sweet. If you ever travel to Montana you can save a few bucks by getting stuff shipped to a shipping depot there and driving down and bringing it over the border your self, pay taxes and you are good to go.

I bought my rack, ghd, texas power bar and Elite Yoke bar (over a few trips) and had them shipped to Northern Montana drive down picked up paid taxes and was on my way. If you stay for 48 hours in the US you get 800 per person tax and duty free.

Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vicuna will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have dumbbell bars. I don't like the idea of power blocks or anything similar. What other machines are there other than the powertec or body solid pull down. That costs around a g is fine but not going to buy a stackable with only 300 lbs, they seem like just a waste of space but maybe I didn't find a good one?!
    i have power blocks and love them. they go up to 90 lbs and fit in a small space. grip is very comfortable and changing is a snap. I see no advantage really to the dumbell bars (other than price obv). that should basically get you going for a while and you should still find use for them for life really.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The electronics on all these pieces of exercise gear are damn near indestructible. The Powertec is just as good as the Rae Crowther in that regard. That's my professional opinion. Did I mention I'm an electronics technician?
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by maltralson View Post
    I totally understand the RC bench is sweet. If you ever travel to Montana you can save a few bucks by getting stuff shipped to a shipping depot there and driving down and bringing it over the border your self, pay taxes and you are good to go.

I bought my rack, ghd, texas power bar and Elite Yoke bar (over a few trips) and had them shipped to Northern Montana drive down picked up paid taxes and was on my way. If you stay for 48 hours in the US you get 800 per person tax and duty free.
    Ill definitely have to remember this, thanks. I like going down to the states, but its a little unfair that they have all these pieces of equipment set up and cheaper to buy in store. Good to know its closer than BC though but, I swear we breed fat people in canada.

Originally Posted by Vicuna View Post
    i have power blocks and love them. they go up to 90 lbs and fit in a small space. grip is very comfortable and changing is a snap. I see no advantage really to the dumbell bars (other than price obv). that should basically get you going for a while and you should still find use for them for life really.
    I like the idea of having multiple sets of dumbbells and I dont mind changing weights. $500 is a little much when ill already have weight plates and you can leave them pre set for when your bored. They are nice but not my cup of tea.

Originally Posted by CliveWarren View Post
    The electronics on all these pieces of exercise gear are damn near indestructible. The Powertec is just as good as the Rae Crowther in that regard. That's my professional opinion. Did I mention I'm an electronics technician?
    Thanks, that is what im exactly looking for so thats really good to hear. Im hoping to try the powertec machine out first but if not i might just take a gamble. Seems like the best option for money/space/amount of workouts. At least im a midget like Lee Priest.
    Last edited by scotthewko; 11-12-2014 at 07:40 PM.