steph11james has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IIFYM Bikini Prep?

Hey there!

I am doing my first competition in early feb, I am about 4 weeks into prep doing very clean eating, but as someone who has suffered from disordered eating in the past, having foods that are completely off limits is kind of messing with me. I don't mind being strict with what I eat, but I was wondering if anyone has any tales of success with IIFYM during prep. Does anyone have suggestions for coaches or nutritional coaches that follow IIFYM or reverse-dieting?

Thanks in advance!

meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meganleigh77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by steph11james View Post
    Hey there!

I am doing my first competition in early feb, I am about 4 weeks into prep doing very clean eating, but as someone who has suffered from disordered eating in the past, having foods that are completely off limits is kind of messing with me. I don't mind being strict with what I eat, but I was wondering if anyone has any tales of success with IIFYM during prep. Does anyone have suggestions for coaches or nutritional coaches that follow IIFYM or reverse-dieting?

Thanks in advance!
    I have a recommendation for a coach, but he does not follow IIFYM. I also struggled with an ED in the past and he did very well with me.
    Follow my fitness journey:

www.********.com/meganartemis7

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by steph11james View Post
    Hey there!

Thanks in advance!
    A contest diet doesn't have to be bland/boring and restrictive. You should be using a wide variety of whole food sources you enjoy.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IIFYM should be fine for your prep. It's what I prefer my clients to use until the final stages, and even then, if they are more comfortable with it, that is fine. I just like to know what they are eating and like consistency for consistency sake, so it's easier to weigh, measure, and KNOW what you are getting each meal. There are many very good coaches out there. You can't go wrong with Doug Miller or John Gorman or Eric Broser (whom I use myself). I know for a fact Eric will also work with you on the disordered eating. He has helped many clients with that and he went to college for psychology. I am certain the other two will work with you on that as well.
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    A contest diet doesn't have to be bland/boring and restrictive. You should be using a wide variety of whole food sources you enjoy.
    This, Kim knows what she's talking about. I prepped using IIFYM approach to a degree and overall calorie intake to balance when I didn't meet macros perfectly (not going to lie to you). I also prepped on "XYZ food list" and food that prep much more stressful and ended up really sick by the end of it all. It comes down to giving yourself enough time to lose weight in a steady pace without burning yourself out.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883