Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does the Bradford press involve much triceps?

i can't shoulder press due to a tricep injury which I've had for about 6 years. There's no sign of improvement And I don't think there ever will be. Need alternatives to bulk up the shoulders.

Just like to know if I could get away with doing the Bradford press, and also what other exercises might work

Thanks.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never going to happen with a permanent injury. Why dont you go to a doctor and get it fixed?

(hint: anything with the word press in it is going to involve your triceps, except for the leg press)

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Never going to happen with a permanent injury. Why dont you go to a doctor and get it fixed?

(hint: anything with the word press in it is going to involve your triceps, except for the leg press)
    Because it's too expensive for a start, and the hundreds I spent on physio and chiropractors didn't make any difference what so ever.

I need alternatives.

Bump.

NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000) NewYorkGiants is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Curlers View Post
    Bump.
    He already answered your question. Any type of press is going to hurt your triceps if you have a serious injury. You're either going to have to go to a doctor, or not do pressing movements. You can't lift something overhead with just your shoulder and not your triceps. You're basically going to be limited to light delt raises which may or may not aggravate your injury.
    Reppin all Phillies, 76ers, and NY Giants fans

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You may need to just stick with side and rear laterals and front raises. You can still make some improvements shoulder mass with dumbbell work that doesn't involve pressing.

So I guess this means you can't do any kind of benching either? That would limit a lot of chest work too I would think.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Overload View Post
    You may need to just stick with side and rear laterals and front raises. You can still make some improvements shoulder mass with dumbbell work that doesn't involve pressing.

So I guess this means you can't do any kind of benching either? That would limit a lot of chest work too I would think.
    This x2. I'd concentrate on raises, all different types.

What sort of tricep injury do you have? I agree with the above posters who said get it fixed.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate constructive criticism. Money is the biggest issue for getting it fixed. The doctor won't refer me for an MRI. I think I'll have to stick to various raises and see how I fair. How many times a week should I do them, and how many sets?

Also, are negatives a good idea?

Thanks.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For goodness sake, you are too injured to perform a simple pressing motion with your arms and you are wondering about doing NEGATIVES????

I wrote that last night when I was tired. I meant negative raises. Front, lateral..