Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation [UPDATED] WHAT EXACTLY am I doing WRONG IN MY SQUATS???

I am so sick of getting nowhere in my form, and having to focus on f***ing form and be stuck with low weight, its been almost a f***ing year and I am getting nowhere, I've watched countless videos, and tried countless methods. I am getting SICK OF THIS, you guys can't imagine how frustrated I am, it makes no sense why I can't get my forms now perfect and go up to high weights easily.

I am seriously losing motivation to workout now, I am losing motivation to go to the gym, because I am JUST RUNNING IN CIRCLES
    I'm starting to even think of quitting this whole strength training crap.

Seriously, I need to know WHAT the hell I am doing wrong, lets start with my squats, I don't know what cues to even do, it makes no sense.

This is what goes through my head during squats:
    - Breathe into stomach
    - Tighten everything
    - Stick ass out
    - Knees out (to the side and forward too)
    - Sit down
    - Don't lean forward
    - Keep heels down (heels still rise sometimes)
    - Weight on Middle of foot/heels
    - Push through heels

***11/12/2014*** I TOOK THE ADVICE'S FROM THIS THREAD, I AM ALSO FOCUSING ON BREAKING AT MY KNEES***

Side View

Back Views

Here are videos of my squat form (OLDEST TO NEWEST):

11/3/2014

11/7/2014

11/10/2014
    Last edited by Symbolistic; 11-12-2014 at 12:28 PM.

flashgun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can, you should try to make videos from a better angle (maybe ask someone to record you from all the sides): we can't see your bar travel nor your setup! As far as I can see, you are leaning forward too much (and therefore rasing your heels) either because your knees are caving in (can't really see from the videos, but you didn't mention the "push knees out" cue) or you have a bad bar placement in regards of your stance (as a general rule the higher the bar on your torso, the narrower the stance).
    Also, personally, i found best to learn your cues one at the time, with sets of 3-4 rep @moderate-low weight!

Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by flashgun View Post
    If you can, you should try to make videos from a better angle (maybe ask someone to record you from all the sides): we can't see your bar travel nor your setup! As far as I can see, you are leaning forward too much (and therefore rasing your heels) either because your knees are caving in (can't really see from the videos, but you didn't mention the "push knees out" cue) or you have a bad bar placement in regards of your stance (as a general rule the higher the bar on your torso, the narrower the stance).
    Also, personally, i found best to learn your cues one at the time, with sets of 3-4 rep @moderate-low weight!
    Okay, I am heading back to the gym Wednesday, I will get a video of my side and back. Hopefully that'll help you guys see where I am screwing up.
    Also I forgot to mention I do cue myself to push my knees out.

Powerlifter In The Works Achieving's Avatar
    Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The problem is you wear the same clothes everyday to squat.
    Clothes = Form problems
    It's the socks mane.
    Last edited by Achieving; 11-10-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Originally Posted by Achieving View Post
    The problem is you wear the same clothes everyday to squat.
    Clothes = Form problems
    It's the socks mane.

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As I posted in another thread...

Regress the movement. A lot of times people just simply can't put a barbell and squat properly. You have to learn the proper motor patterns. Try Goblet Squats with a KB/DB. If your form is still **** with those, hold onto something like a door frame and groove the pattern that way.

People hear "Squat" and immediately think they need to put a barbell on their back and do a back squat. There are other ways to squat: front squat, Goblet squat, Bodyweight squat, zercher, box squat, etc.
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Achieving is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Symbolistic View Post
    You're posting in a Teen Bodybuilding section, obviously a 16 year old is gonna make a joke. First off, you start the movement by pushing your knees out, start by sticking your butt out, literally just stick your ass out. Secondly, you lean forward onto your toes. You should be pushing back onto your heels, there should not be a single moment where you're actually on your toes or anywhere near that. Lastly, you're doing High Bar, there should be no reason for you to lean forward, period. Keep an upright torso, brace your core and just think "Chest high, butt down." Leaning comes into play when/if you switch to low bar, but that's a complete different topic. That literally summarizes everything you do wrong, just work on those things.

Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gymdayeveryday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am so sick of getting nowhere in my form, and having to focus on f***ing form and be stuck with low weight, its been almost a f***ing year and I am getting nowhere, I've watched countless videos, and tried countless methods. I am getting SICK OF THIS, you guys can't imagine how frustrated I am, it makes no sense why I can't get my forms now perfect and go up to high weights easily.

I am seriously losing motivation to workout now, I am losing motivation to go to the gym, because I am JUST RUNNING IN CIRCLES

Seriously, I need to know WHAT the hell I am doing wrong, lets start with my squats, I don't know what cues to even do, it makes no sense.

- Breathe into stomach
    - Tighten everything
    - Stick ass out
    - Sit down
    - Don't lean forward
    - Push through heels

11/3/2014

11/7/2014

11/10/2014
    Do some goblet squats or learn how to do front squats. Strengthen everything first, get more flexible, and then go to back squats. Also, you may think that is light weight, but it still might be too heavy for you. Try it with the bar, go until failure every time. Really ingrain that motion into your motor skills. Start adding weights on progressively. One day, go with 5 lbs weights. The next week, go with 10lb plates. The week after, keep with 10, then go to 15, etc etc. It might not be that your legs aren't strong enough, it is just that you legs aren't conditioned enough to do it with that weight. And the more you do it incorrectly, the more your body is going to learn how to squat that way, which will make it much harder to do actual squats.
    First in attendance at the School of Hardknocks.

"I didn't know what or when, but I knew I'd know it when I knew it!" -King Bumi

You're posting in a Teen Bodybuilding section, obviously a 16 year old is gonna make a joke. First off, you start the movement by pushing your knees out, start by sticking your butt out, literally just stick your ass out. Secondly, you lean forward onto your toes. You should be pushing back onto your heels, there should not be a single moment where you're actually on your toes or anywhere near that. Lastly, you're doing High Bar, there should be no reason for you to lean forward, period. Keep an upright torso, brace your core and just think "Chest high, butt down." Leaning comes into play when/if you switch to low bar, but that's a complete different topic. That literally summarizes everything you do wrong, just work on those things.
    Symbolistic pls respawn.

Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

- Breathe into stomach
    - Tighten everything
    - Stick ass out
    - Sit down
    - Don't lean forward
    - Push through heels

11/3/2014

11/7/2014

11/10/2014
    If your heels are still rising off then you are too inflexible. Start doing more mobility work.
    "Friends may come and go, but two hundred pounds is two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Looks like you're just too weak to handle that weight imo.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarioTheGreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is just my two cents but it looks like your core is weak which is causing you to bend forward when you go low and your ankles are most likely not mobile enough which is why you can't stay on your heels.

moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here's what your problem most likely is. Seeing as you're squatting with no shoes, you will need more ankle flexibility. Given this, we can tell that your ankle mobility, especially dorsiflexion, isn't that great, because you compensate for bad ankle mobility by leaning forward a little. Why? Because if you were to keep upright, you'd probably fall back, because the angle between your shins and your foot (dorsiflexion) can't go beyond a certain point. This is why elevating the heels (with 5 pound plates) or wearing shoes (with elevated sole) will help. However, the shoes don't negate the fact that you have bad ankle mobility and the shoes (with elevated heel) are what cause bad ankle mobility. This is because the muscles responsible for dorsflexion are kept at extension for long periods of time (or at least I'm pretty sure that's why. It's also not uncommon to see someone with bad ankle mobility also have bad hip mobility.

Here's a link to one of my threads (a log) that includes anterior pelvic tilt and hip mobility problems: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=moeman7

Here's a very useful link that provides ways to increase ankle mobility and dorsiflexion: http://www.mikereinold.com/2013/03/a...siflexion.html

Edit: You can also try low bar squatting.
    Last edited by moeman7; 11-10-2014 at 09:04 PM.

I'll focus on sticking my butt out first.
    As I go down my tightness begins to weaken and I start leaning forward and getting pulled forward onto my toes

Originally Posted by Gymdayeveryday View Post
    Do some goblet squats or learn how to do front squats. Strengthen everything first, get more flexible, and then go to back squats. Also, you may think that is light weight, but it still might be too heavy for you. Try it with the bar, go until failure every time. Really ingrain that motion into your motor skills. Start adding weights on progressively. One day, go with 5 lbs weights. The next week, go with 10lb plates. The week after, keep with 10, then go to 15, etc etc. It might not be that your legs aren't strong enough, it is just that you legs aren't conditioned enough to do it with that weight. And the more you do it incorrectly, the more your body is going to learn how to squat that way, which will make it much harder to do actual squats.
    A few weeks ago I started doing Goblet squats in my workouts, guess I'll try doing front squats too...

Originally Posted by Detris View Post
    If your heels are still rising off then you are too inflexible. Start doing more mobility work.
    I started doing lots of mobility since last week, I'll keep going. I will also try to increase my ankle flexibility more.
    Weird thing is, without any weight, with just bodyweight, I can go ass to grass and keep my feet flat, with the weight on my heels.
    Only when I put the barbell on my back, that is when things go wrong...

Originally Posted by CupcakeSquats View Post
    Looks like you're just too weak to handle that weight imo.
    That's crazy, its like 85lb's only, I don't understand how I could be so weak that I can't squat that.

Originally Posted by MarioTheGreat View Post
    This is just my two cents but it looks like your core is weak which is causing you to bend forward when you go low and your ankles are most likely not mobile enough which is why you can't stay on your heels.
    I've been working on my core all the time, I always do cable crunches, and now I'm doing lots of planks too.

Originally Posted by moeman7 View Post
    Here's what your problem most likely is. Seeing as you're squatting with no shoes, you will need more ankle flexibility. Given this, we can tell that your ankle mobility, especially dorsiflexion, isn't that great, because you compensate for bad ankle mobility by leaning forward a little. Why? Because if you were to keep upright, you'd probably fall back, because the angle between your shins and your foot (dorsiflexion) can't go beyond a certain point. This is why elevating the heels (with 5 pound plates) or wearing shoes (with elevated sole) will help. However, the shoes don't negate the fact that you have bad ankle mobility and the shoes (with elevated heel) are what cause bad ankle mobility. This is because the muscles responsible for dorsflexion are kept at extension for long periods of time (or at least I'm pretty sure that's why. It's also not uncommon to see someone with bad ankle mobility also have bad hip mobility.

Here's a link to one of my threads (a log) that includes anterior pelvic tilt and hip mobility problems: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hlight=moeman7

Here's a very useful link that provides ways to increase ankle mobility and dorsiflexion: http://www.mikereinold.com/2013/03/a...siflexion.html

Edit: You can also try low bar squatting.
    I will work on my ankle flexibility, also I will try putting 5 pound plates under my feet on Wednesday and I'll see how things go.
    Last edited by Symbolistic; 11-10-2014 at 09:18 PM.

bump for anymore advice, going back tomorrow.

Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500)
    bump for anymore advice, going back tomorrow.
    I'm no expert but I'd advise you first of all to remove 5-10 kg and practice on your form. Second, you break pretty much at the same time at your hips and knees and it looks like your knees travel pretty far out. Try instead to break at the hips first and sit back as much as you can, limiting knee forward travel. I think this would clear up most of your problems. Also try to keep your lower back arched, because it rounds. (Maybe try some stretching - it's called a buttwink). Also arch your back before descending. But def lower the weights first.

Edit: and keep your eyes on a fixed point a little above neutral. Watch "So You Think You Can Squat" on Youtube if you haven't already. Also watch "Rippetoe Hip Drive"

Also try mixing up your stance, wide is usually easier for me
    Last edited by Kelto10; 11-11-2014 at 11:51 AM.

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I started doing lots of mobility since last week, I'll keep going. I will also try to increase my ankle flexibility more.
    Weird thing is, without any weight, with just bodyweight, I can go ass to grass and keep my feet flat, with the weight on my heels.
    Only when I put the barbell on my back, that is when things go wrong...

Then it's probably not a mobility issue; it's a stability issue and the fact that you simply don't know the movement. Regress it.
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Muffcabbige has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could try getting some lifting shoes like Adidas Powerlift or something similar, should help with the heels problem.

Originally Posted by Kelto10 View Post
    I'm no expert but I'd advise you first of all to remove 5-10 kg and practice on your form. Second, you break pretty much at the same time at your hips and knees and it looks like your knees travel pretty far out. Try instead to break at the hips first and sit back as much as you can, limiting knee forward travel. I think this would clear up most of your problems. Also try to keep your lower back arched, because it rounds. (Maybe try some stretching - it's called a buttwink). Also arch your back before descending. But def lower the weights first.

Edit: and keep your eyes on a fixed point a little above neutral. Watch "So You Think You Can Squat" on Youtube if you haven't already. Also watch "Rippetoe Hip Drive"

Also try mixing up your stance, wide is usually easier for me
    I've deloaded and restarted from the bar so many times it just makes me depressed just thinking about this, it pisses me off now.
    Plus I'm only at like 85lb, its insane I can't squat 135lb after a year, all because of bad form and possibly mobility issues...

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am so sick of getting nowhere in my form, and having to focus on f***ing form and be stuck with low weight, its been almost a f***ing year and I am getting nowhere, I've watched countless videos, and tried countless methods. I am getting SICK OF THIS, you guys can't imagine how frustrated I am, it makes no sense why I can't get my forms now perfect and go up to high weights esingle

- Breathe into stomach
    - Tighten everything
    - Stick ass out
    - Sit down
    - Don't lean forward
    - Push through heels

11/3/2014

11/7/2014

11/10/2014
    major things I noticed, you bend at the hips but you DONT sit back you lean forward.

Your bar pathing is very poor you gravitate forward and don't have a straight bar path.

You chest drops when coming out of the pocket you need to keep your chest up and elbows forward.

You seem like you can get tighter, dig the bar into your bar grip it as tight as you can and flex EVERYTHING, traps, glutes, quads, core, etc.

Your heels also flex upward as if they are almost going to come off the floor work on ankle mobility and other stuff I stated to fix this.

Try stretching, foam rolling, mobility work.

Since your form is poor I would reset after every rep meaning treat every rep like a single, reset breathing, reset tightness, reset head position make it like you are just starting your first rep.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Seems like you're just weak.. Eat more?

J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J18W405 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Scrolled through your youtube page and you literally made no progress in terms of weight.. Mobility can be gained but strength can't by just changing up your form everyday.. Stick to it and keep progressing..

Originally Posted by J18W405 View Post
    Scrolled through your youtube page and you literally made no progress in terms of weight.. Mobility can be gained but strength can't by just changing up your form everyday.. Stick to it and keep progressing..
    So I should just pick a form and continue adding weight even though my form sucks?

So I should just pick a form and continue adding weight even though my form sucks?
    Stop worrying dude if you dont feel like ure gonna get an injury then keep adding weight. Who the phuck cares if u squat the bar with perfect form.

Jordan29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well when I squat I like to mix it up like going down an holding for a couple seconds and coming up instead of just going up and down.also do other leg exercises that will shock the muscle into helping it grow.like leg press, squat , lunges vertical jumps, leg curl or extensions ,dead lifts and squat cleans. If you do the same thing the muscle adapts and knows the routine.hope that helped.

Stop worrying dude if you dont feel like ure gonna get an injury then keep adding weight. Who the phuck cares if u squat the bar with perfect form.
    I've seen your Youtube vids, I'm mirin your squats man.
    Are you seriously only 153lb? I don't believe it.

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've seen your Youtube vids, I'm mirin your squats man.
    Are you seriously only 153lb? I don't believe it.
    I disagree with him, form over weight.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    I disagree with him, form over weight.
    Form is always important but not to the point where it hinders your progression for 10months dude... and Symbolistic i know your feels with personal experience. I use to be 93lbs and squatting 95lbs struggling but i kept progressing every week even with "bad form" i still progressed. As i got better my form got better along the way. Now i squat ~445-455w.wraps@156

Form is always important but not to the point where it hinders your progression for 10months dude... and Symbolistic i know your feels with personal experience. I use to be 93lbs and squatting 95lbs struggling but i kept progressing every week even with "bad form" i still progressed. As i got better my form got better along the way. Now i squat ~445-455w.wraps@156
    Honestly I agree with you, I'll do what you suggested because I've gotten nowhere in too long now. But I'll continue checking my form and recording myself to improve my form.
    I took it today and went back to adding 5lb per workout.

I recorded myself today trying to improve my form and focused on breaking at the KNEES

Side View

Back Views

bump