Registered User SpankMasterFlex's Avatar
    SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ideal Post Workout Shake

---- 30-60g protein (0.25g/lb target BW).
    ---- 60-120g of high-GI carbs (0.5g/lb target BW),

2x Scoups of Whey
    95 Grams of carbs

What would be the idea combination for the carbs portion of the following :

Cooked oats, banana, NOW Dextrose.

Not sure if this matters, but im not really buling or cuttin, im doign the impossible, trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time... Maybe thats why i have been stuck on 192 Lbs for about 3 months now...

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    oats are not high GI carbs...

barhoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd use a combo of 40-50g Dextrose, and the remainder from oats or a banana for example.

SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Zach53 View Post
    oats are not high GI carbs...
    ima little confused... this is a quote from Alan Arogon's Post..

"NOTE: old fashioned/slow-cooked oats + dex in a 1:1 still yields a GI that crosses the threshold of high. adding fruit to your postworkout mix of carbs can potentially benefit folks who train with a high volume & do a lot of cardio (ie, precontest). the protection of liver glycogen status under such conditions can maintain the centrally neurologic signaling of the "fed state" and hence prevent lean tissue catabolism -- especially during hypocaloric balance.

okay, so to be practical, simple examples are: 1/2-1 cup dry oats + 30-50g dex (OR) 1/2 cup dry oats + 40g dex + 1 banana. these are just 2 examples out of many possibilities."

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the dextrose and sugars make it higher, straight oats alone are slower not as high GI (what i meant, should have included more in first post, sorry)

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    50 grams of Maltodextrin in a shake with 60 grams protein. And another fifty grams of carbs from Brown Rice, which you eat, not blend into the shake.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

i don;t have Malt. and the Dex was really cheap ($3.00)

so what is the ideal combo for me of Oats/banana/dex ?

those are the most convenient for me to bring to the gym.

I am open to other suggestions with explanations please.

mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcneely011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you are searching for a definitive answer where there is not one. Many people will say go all dextrose and many will say go all oats or a combination anywhere between the two. IMO, and in the opinion of many of the wiser people on these boards, there is no need to be spiking your insulin with dex after a workout assuming proper preworkout nutrition. Case in point ---just go with a banana and fill in the rest with oats---.

barhoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mcneely011 View Post
    i think you are searching for a definitive answer where there is not one. Many people will say go all dextrose and many will say go all oats or a combination anywhere between the two. IMO, and in the opinion of many of the wiser people on these boards, there is no need to be spiking your insulin with dex after a workout assuming proper preworkout nutrition. Case in point ---just go with a banana and fill in the rest with oats---.
    Read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

He is a WISE man

markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i take in 45g of whey and a bananna (sometimes 2). keep it simple is my motto and it has worked great for me

Originally Posted by barhoom View Post
    maybe you should read this..... "my post", I already Quoted Alan.

Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you are cutting, you dont want an insulin spike, just have 30g protein pwo. then an hour later have a balanced meal including fats, carbs, protein.
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -MJ

My body is my temple

ProWrestling Consumes Me! ceilos456's Avatar
    ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ceilos456 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heres My PWO Shake:
    1.5 Scoops ON Protein
    30 Grams Dextrose
    1 White Bagel

ends up being:
    47 protein
    100 carbs
    There is no finish line

Cutting

2/7/06 - 222 pounds (started cut again)

Why Benoit Why???

"Whatcha gunna do when Hulkamanina and my 24" pythons run wild on you?!?!?!!?"
    "Train, say your prayers, take vitamins, and believe in yourself."
    -The One And Only Immortal HULK HOGAN-

My Lifestyle Cutting Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4934123

audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10) audioescape is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by ceilos456 View Post
    Heres My PWO Shake:
    1.5 Scoops ON Protein
    30 Grams Dextrose
    1 White Bagel
    Sounded like you put the bagel in the blender...
    .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::. .::.
    nothing worth achieving comes easy .::.

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I take 50 grams whey isloate before and 50 grams after weight traning. And then about an hour later I eat a whole food meal like 8 oz orange juice + white bagel w/2 tablespoons cream cheese + 3 whole eggs + 4 slices turky bacon.

Screw dextrose and the horse it road in on. I get my postworkout carbs from whole foods that taste good and have nutrients in them.

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Alan_86 View Post
    if you are cutting, you dont want an insulin spike, just have 30g protein pwo. then an hour later have a balanced meal including fats, carbs, protein.
    Reps for you!!!!

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SpankMasterFlex View Post
    ---- 30-60g protein (0.25g/lb target BW).
    ---- 60-120g of high-GI carbs (0.5g/lb target BW),

2x Scoups of Whey
    95 Grams of carbs

What would be the idea combination for the carbs portion of the following :

Cooked oats, banana, NOW Dextrose.

Not sure if this matters, but im not really buling or cuttin, im doign the impossible, trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time... Maybe thats why i have been stuck on 192 Lbs for about 3 months now...
    I'd do thirds on all. It should be a good mix for you. Keep it at a 2/1 carb/protein ratio or above.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    ideal post workout shake?

100g Waxy Maize Starch + 25g hydrolyzed whey + 25g hydrolyzed casein + 10g leucine

(numbers should be adjusted for your weight)

THIS... Is what i was looking for...

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Silly wabbit, he said he's neither bulking or cutting... But it doesn't even matter. The longer you wait to have carbs postW the less of it gets shunted into muscle (or oxidized as heat), and the more of it gets stored in the adipose tissue. Delaying carb intake postworkout makes no sense whatsoever. Why hold off on carb intake during the precise time we know they'll go into muscle?

SpankMasterFlex, you completely missed the very first line of the sticky:

Hey everyone, the latest update to these guidelines is right here.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    alan what do you think about my PWO shake
    100g Waxy Maize Starch + 25g hydrolyzed whey + 25g hydrolyzed casein + 10g leucine

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Sockomalo View Post
    alan what do you think about my PWO shake
    I think it will work well. Might lean out your wallet nicely, but it will work

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    I think it will work well. Might lean out your wallet nicely, but it will work
    haha yea its a little pricey, but i recently quit smoking weed, lets just say the savings from that will pay for my pwo shake

Originally Posted by Sockomalo View Post
    haha yea its a little pricey, but i recently quit smoking weed, lets just say the savings from that will pay for my pwo shake
    Congrats on the quittage. That's one addiction worth leaving behind for good.

fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fkjr2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    guys - is post workout dextrose (with shake) counted in our total carb count for the day? I was told that we don't count them in the post workout shake.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    guys - is post workout dextrose (with shake) counted in our total carb count for the day? I was told that we don't count them in the post workout shake.

Thanks!
    i know when you're on keto you dont