moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb Reaching a 4 plate squat in at most 5 months

Now, I made this thread in order to solidify my mind set and mentality on reaching a 405lb squat within the next 5 months. I felt that putting my goals out there for other people to see will give me more confidence and determination than I already have right now. Why 5 months? I 'll be competing in my first powerlifting meet in 5 months. I only squat a 275 max (according to my 1RM calculator. I tried it a month ago and failed to get it up), but I'm determined and sure that I can pull off a 405lb squat by April. WHEN I do reach that goal (hopefully even before 5 months), I'll probably come back here to post it. I'm on ICF 5x5 right now. I might switch to Smolov if I feel that I need to. Until then, I'll keep hitting the weights hard.

TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Talk is cheap, get at it man.
    In comp best lifts:

270kg wrapless squat / 160kg bench / 280kg deadlift

Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Detris has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by moeman7 View Post
    Now, I made this thread in order to solidify my mind set and mentality on reaching a 405lb squat within the next 5 months. I felt that putting my goals out there for other people to see will give me more confidence and determination than I already have right now. Why 5 months? I 'll be competing in my first powerlifting meet in 5 months. I only squat a 275 max (according to my 1RM calculator. I tried it a month ago and failed to get it up), but I'm determined and sure that I can pull off a 405lb squat by April. WHEN I do reach that goal (hopefully even before 5 months), I'll probably come back here to post it. I'm on ICF 5x5 right now. I might switch to Smolov if I feel that I need to. Until then, I'll keep hitting the weights hard.
    Why on earth are you using a bodybuilding routine for powerlifting?
    "Friends may come and go, but two hundred pounds is two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck man post vids too.
    Last edited by CWGame; 11-09-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) moeman7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Detris View Post
    Why on earth are you using a bodybuilding routine for powerlifting?
    ICF 5x5 is a strength training program based off of SL 5x5, which is a strength training program. I tweaked it a little so that the accessory work isn't detrimental to my main 5x5 compound movement. Sort of like in 5/3/1, except I do speed work for my squat, bench, and deadlifts. I feel that I'll make better gain off of this now than I will following something like the Cube Method or Westside Barbell. I also stated that if I feel the need to change (primarily to Smolov), then I'll do so.

Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    Good luck man posy vids too.
    Thanks. I'll try to get videos if I can.
    Edit: If I compete in the meet but don't get a video (or if I don't compete at all), I'll just take the video at the gym.
    Last edited by moeman7; 11-09-2014 at 01:45 PM.

poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) poptarts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Goals? Seems more like a dream to me. It takes people 1 to 2 years+ to reach a 4 plate squat naturally

Originally Posted by poptarts View Post
    Goals? Seems more like a dream to me. It takes people 1 to 2 years+ to reach a 4 plate squat naturally
    Well then I won't be afraid to dream big. If I don't make it, then at least I tried; I shouldn't be saying that though, because I'm determined that I will make it.

derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) derekmaloney5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mirin determination. You can do it brah

Originally Posted by derekmaloney5 View Post
    Mirin determination. You can do it brah
    Thank you. I will do it.