liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000) liuzhoudragon is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cutting for SAME DAY weigh ins.

Hi Bros,

Competing for my 1st time. New to weight cutting. I am 184 right now down from 194 in roughly a month. Competition is 12/7. Kind of stupid but only 2 divisions, 170 and above, 170 and below.

If I can make 170 I will probably be the favorite for the white belts.

If I can't I will be eat alive my 250 pound monsters.

Since it is same day weigh how do I cut and not kill my performance since I won't the normal 24 period to re hydrate,salt and carb up?

DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would just go a compete at your natural weight. Everything you're going to do to cut weight is gonna sap energy too close to competition time.

AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AirJordanB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I were you, I would put off competing until I lost more weight and got closer to my competition weight. Speaking from a wrestling standpoint, same day weigh-ins are tricky because you don't want to sap your strength by cutting too much weight without having proper time to rehydrate and eat.

However, if you're going to cut, then water load. I haven't cut weight in years, and you can find a more detailed description on the net, but if your competition is on a Saturday, you'll start on a Tuesday. Something like this:

Tuesday: 2 gallons of water; 2 small meals(as much protein as possible), snack(fruit or 1-2 servings of nuts); regular workouts
    Wednesday: 1.5 gallons of water; 2 small meals; regular workouts
    Thursday: 1 gallon of water; 2 small meals, snack; regular workouts
    Friday: Check weight in morning to see how far you're off. No water 12 hours before weigh-ins. VERY limited intake before then. You're going to be miserable.
    Saturday: no water/food before weigh-ins; sauna/workouts until you make weight; pedialyte after making weight. be careful of how quickly you drink and how much rehydrating you do

As I said, ideally you'll barely have to cut any weight and you'll be able to eat/drink more during the week.

joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joshatfield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dont cut weight the day of thats dumb. youll be tired and empty.
    youll need to cut the weight probably two days before when your cutting weight its not the food you eat that makes you gain its the liquid you drink. When cutting at close times to weight you can eat a little bit but you can easily put on weight by drinking tons of liquids.

If i were you Id get a sauna suit if you cant get a sauna suit wrap yourself in saran wrap or get a trash bag, do a bunch of cardio and body weight exercises, and find a sauna or spa area to get rid of the extra water weight itll suck but youll feel a lot better.

Its always better to be close to your weight so you can drift weight and almost be on weight.
    Last edited by joshatfield; 11-12-2014 at 05:11 PM.

lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000) lincolnmkv is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Start working your ass off now, but keep eating healthy. Shed your extra fat. If you can lean up, over the next 20 days, it shouldn't be that hard at the end.

Know how much your resting metabolism burns off. Weigh yourself before bed. Weigh yourself when you wake up. What's the difference? Know that and you'll know where you need to be the night before to get within range of burning off the rest in the morning (if you still have to).

The day of, spit, sweat, and piss your way lighter. You should be able to lose 3-4 pounds of water weight in a couple hours if you really try.

After weigh in, drink water and eat saltine crackers.