skatepark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

weight training for rugby player(beginner)

Ok, our school just started a new rugby team and i'm the captain (not because i am big and strong but because i started the team and am the only one who actually knows how to play)so i'm trying to workout a split for my team. There's 1 or 2 of them that are already into bb-ing a year or so but the rest including me have never bodybuilt before.

Most of us are already big in size...17 years old and average of 170lbs.(except me, 134lbs)

So...should we start with full body workout or???

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)

br

start with a comprehensive full body workout. use compound movements, heavy with medium reps. this should build a great foundation of muscle and strength. do stuff like deads, bench press, chins, dips, milatary press, barbell rows etc. hit everything twice a week until u have the foundation. get at least 4 days rest between training sessions, eat at least 6-8 meals a day with adequate calories and protein for u. remember to allways use good form and to keep intensity high. stay hydrated, rest, eat and train this is what gets results. post on your progress bro
    good luck
    peace
    j

skatepark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm....4 days rest between each? i'm thinking of like 3 gym training per week...1 cardio per week plus 2 weeks game training sessions a week.

Maybe something like this

gym - tuesday, thursday, saturday
    game - monday, friday
    cardio - wednesday

rest on sunday.

workout (thanx to poppa pump)...but not sure if its suitable for rugby training

Crunches 2x20
    Squats 2x12
    Leg Curls (or lunges) 2x12
    Flat-Bench Press 2x12
    Lat Pulldowns (or barbell rows) 2x12
    Shoulder Press 2x12
    Tricep Pushdowns (or overhead extensions) 2x12
    Barbell Curls 2x12
    Standing Calf Raises 2x15-20

Diet....hmm, i'll just have the eat as much as possible and as healthy as possible, the amount is not a problem...these guys can eat a cow each, only problem is getting them to eat healthy food.

bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    imo remove the crunches and triceps, and use one or two Olympic lifts in that routine, to develop power.
    "There's gotta be some kind of limit on how many times they can keep making money off of these boy bands..."
    Fred Durst