Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Journey to the stage with Team Wilson Natural Bodybuilding and to an IFPA PRO CARD!

Hey all,

Just wanted to get this thread started on my journey to the stage with Team Wilson Natural Bodybuilding. From being fat and depressed two and a half years ago to where I am now, I have to say it's been one hell of a journey toward the steps I'm taking now. Day by day, workout by workout, I've come to understand a lot--not only about bodybuilding, the human body, dieting, and etc...but also about myself and who I am as a person.

It's surprising to think that before all of this, I was in a dark hole without any desire to climb out. Before even that, I put myself in danger and took the necessary steps to prevent any more harm to be done. Then, I started eating. Even though I lifted a bit here and there, I was never totally serious about lifting until I began researching how to bodybuild and how to diet. Going through a variety of training methods, dieting methods, and reading up on research--I came to where I am now: bodybuilding, powerlifting, tracking my macros and taking the steps towards the stage with the help of Team Wilson Natural Bodybuilding!

These are some pics showing where I was, where I went, and where I am now.
    Attached Images

anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) anthonykim421 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anthonykim421 View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to get this thread started on my journey to the stage with Team Wilson Natural Bodybuilding. From being fat and depressed two and a half years ago to where I am now, I have to say it's been one hell of a journey toward the steps I'm taking now. Day by day, workout by workout, I've come to understand a lot--not only about bodybuilding, the human body, dieting, and etc...but also about myself and who I am as a person.

It's surprising to think that before all of this, I was in a dark hole without any desire to climb out. Before even that, I put myself in danger and took the necessary steps to prevent any more harm to be done. Then, I started eating. Even though I lifted a bit here and there, I was never totally serious about lifting until I began researching how to bodybuild and how to diet. Going through a variety of training methods, dieting methods, and reading up on research--I came to where I am now: bodybuilding, powerlifting, tracking my macros and taking the steps towards the stage with the help of Team Wilson Natural Bodybuilding!

These are some pics showing where I was, where I went, and where I am now.
    Some pics from today
    Attached Images

ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    f*ck me bro, your transformation is one of the best i have seen in a long while!!

very very motivating, in for this brother, lets see what you can do!
    Project superheavyweight #2015 # coached by a pro

http://instagram.com/darkniteace

www.youtube.com/colossusfitness101

http://twitter.com/DarkniteAce

My project superheavy weight log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164749621

phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!! Looking forward to this one.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lurking
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice transformation bro. Good luck with your prep I'll be following.

When do you plan on hitting the stage?
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    work with cliff = good chance of winning and a pro card.
    At least it seems like everyone he preps does that
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

Originally Posted by ColossusAce View Post
    f*ck me bro, your transformation is one of the best i have seen in a long while!!

very very motivating, in for this brother, lets see what you can do!
    Thanks man! Can't wait for those stage lights!

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Nice transformation bro. Good luck with your prep I'll be following.

When do you plan on hitting the stage?
    Appreciate it! We're planning on Aug/Sept but if I'm ready before then, I'll probably be doing a practice show that's not a PQ.

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    work with cliff = good chance of winning and a pro card.
    At least it seems like everyone he preps does that
    Srs man, or they place top 3 each time. I'm lucky to know him personally so he was very open to helping and teaching me.

Even though we're getting within shooting distance, I feel like my energy levels are going down every so slightly. I can see changes in composition bi-weekly, but it's starting to take a toll on performance. The only days that I feel like I have great energy in the gym is the day after my HCD.

SN: Anyone have experience on how to handle training when in the depths of prep? I want to ready myself because I know I may not be able to still throw around the heavy weight I do for power days as I do now as I get further into it.

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good work, will follow!

OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Def going to be following this, everyone is raving about wilson and i want to see what he can do with you , how do you find his methods vs what you where doing before or what you have seen others do?

Originally Posted by OmegaredAfy View Post
    Def going to be following this, everyone is raving about wilson and i want to see what he can do with you , how do you find his methods vs what you where doing before or what you have seen others do?
    Yeah, especially after peaking Doug Miller during his comeback season and the personal endorsement he gave him on FB, I think it's safe to say I'm in good hands haha! Well, I've known Cliff for a few years and just until recently, we trained at the same gyms. So, I've got to talk to him and have discussions on an array of topics. To sum it up nicely, I would say his methods are based on both science and experience. Sometimes when I would ask him about this or that, he would cite a study that he based his method on; other times, it would be just from experience and it working with clients over and over. But as the prep goes on, I'll be studying under him as a protégé and getting to learn more and more!

OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OmegaredAfy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Def keep this updated and be as detailed as you "can" be haha, sometimes i have had friends who have worked with coaches and it seems like everything they are doing is going AGAINST what you would typically read or see and the results are amazing.

Changes

Current weight: 154.4 (according to my check in last Thursday)

Current Macros: 64F/320C/210P

Down about 9 lbs from the start of this prep. I'm definitely looking much better than I was before and can't help but believe my performance in the gym is just as good as it was when I was 163 lbs.

Current volume lifts for 10x3 Program this past week: Deadlift: 410 (10x3); Bench: 225 (Pausing for first three sets then touch-and-go 10x3); Squat: 315 ATG (10x3); OHP: 135 (5x5)

Cardio: total 20 min HIIT Cardio per week with 15 min of MISS.

Overall, I feel great. I wish my food was up, of course, but it's the cost for getting bodyfat down. I'll be posting pics again in the beginning of the month on my Bodyspace to show as progress pics.

This prep is going to definitely be interesting because the lowest my weight has ever gone was 148 lbs and that was last Summer when I did a self bro-prep. After reverse dieting, though, I was able to bring my food up higher than it's ever gone--probably even more than when I did a see-food "bulking" diet. Pretty excited to see where we can take it with the time that we have until I compete in early Aug/Sept. I predict that we'll be raising my intake into the shows--which means even MORE food for peak weeks! I'll keep it updated weekly just to have everyone up to date on what's going on with me.
    Last edited by anthonykim421; 11-19-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Checked in today and weighed in at 153.0 lbs; down 1.4 lbs from last check in. I didn't train today but discussed doing a powerlifting meet in January in Wisconsin so Cliff and I may be discussing some programming towards that soon. Do any of you recommend programs or methods of training for that matter that pertain to powerlifting?

wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000) wheathins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey man, nice transformation!! And those macro numbers are still pretty high so enjoy em! I'll be following along dude, best of luck.

Curious as to Cliff's approach to cardio... you do 20 minutes total of hiit cardio per week? Meaning you could spread that out over the course of 7 days or it's 1 session of 20 minute hiit for the week?
    www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com

Follow me on twitter @mattrepece and InstaGram at mrepece!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161395983 - 2014 prep log!

Originally Posted by wheathins View Post
    hey man, nice transformation!! And those macro numbers are still pretty high so enjoy em! I'll be following along dude, best of luck.

Curious as to Cliff's approach to cardio... you do 20 minutes total of hiit cardio per week? Meaning you could spread that out over the course of 7 days or it's 1 session of 20 minute hiit for the week?
    That's a great question haha. It specifically states that there are two ten min sessions of HIIT and one fifteen minute session of MISS. Before my numbers were changed to what they are now (when I weighed in at 154.4) I was doing full sessions. After this past week's check in, I weighed in at 153.0 lbs and was spreading out the cardio by my own choice.

I believe Cliff's method calls for these to be full sessions, but I prefer to do spread out sessions. I will continue to do spread out sessions, though, until it I feel it negatively affects my weigh-ins/weight. May be the wrong move, but tbh I don't see anything wrong with spreading the sessions out.

Weight went up 1.4 lbs from 153.0 to 154.4 lbs

That also means that food went down to 205P/ 300C/ 60F.

Honestly, I know a lot of people make a big deal about food going down, poverty macros, and all that--but I sincerely, and I mean sincerely, do not give two, three, or four f*cks about it. I'm in it to win it.

Cardio still remains the same but hopefully the weight drops down a bit and stays down for the next few check in's.

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow and me going out and about, it'll be the first time turning down an excessive amount of food for the holiday. Granted, I may have a meal later that night, it won't be anything significant to where I can't estimate the amount in the intake. Seeing as it's only one Thanksgiving, I know I'll be able to handle it well. Aside from all of that, I'm planning on doing a powerlifting meet in Wisconsin in January. Any of you in this sub like to powerlift?

So it's official. I'm registered to do the Wisconsin State USAPL meet. So that means my program is changing. I'll be doing a Power Block Periodization type of training to prep for the meet. From what I understand, it's pretty high frequency, but Cliff is programming the entire thing so I'm excited to see how the program itself will focus on the big 3.

Feeling way leaner than weeks past and I'll be posting pics in a few days here. That and I also ordered some Nike Romaleos for my birthday so I'm pretty excited overall!

Some progress pics. Critiques of posing are welcome!
    Attached Images

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pics look good good size and shape man! good luck with the PL meet training

My instagram-- JaredBB22

pics look good good size and shape man! good luck with the PL meet training

Thanks man I appreciate it. Just a few tweaks to posing and things should go pretty well come this spring!

Here's a vid of my first day doing Power-Block Periodization. Thoughts, comments, and reactions are appreciated!

http://youtu.be/5yn6U81FLQM

Posing Vlog #1

Hey guys, this is my first posing Vlog of my posing until at least the first competition next year!

looking good man posing looks good, keep on grinding

My instagram-- JaredBB22

jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpg68 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Damn man you are looking good keep killing it!!
    "Go Big or Go Home"

looking good man posing looks good, keep on grinding
    Thanks man. Some things need work for sure but I appreciate the positivity!

Originally Posted by jpg68 View Post
    Damn man you are looking good keep killing it!!
    Thanks man for sure!