hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is personal training worth it???

In October 2011 I started personal training. I started at 163 pounds and like 18% body fat. Never worked out before. Was 18 years old. I did personal training for 15 months or so. And now I'm at like 164 pounds and 17.3% body fat. During this time my diet has been bad. I'm 5"11. I got depression and OCD and social anxiety. I've been bullied my whole life and I'm 22 yrs old. I'm punjabi
    sikh. The trainers that I had and I h
    ad 3 of them were not in great shape or had killer physiques, but they were master trainers at the big gym. I worked hard during my time with them but no amazing results. Spent like $250/month. And like $4500 total. I wanted a body like Randy Orton.

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by hhhhhhhhgddcv View Post
    In October 2011 I started personal training. I started at 163 pounds and like 18% body fat. Never worked out before. Was 18 years old. I did personal training for 15 months or so. And now I'm at like 164 pounds and 17.3% body fat. During this time my diet has been bad. I'm 5"11. I got depression and OCD and social anxiety. I've been bullied my whole life and I'm 22 yrs old. I'm punjabi
    ad 3 of them were not in great shape or had killer physiques, but they were master trainers at the big gym. I worked hard during my time with them but no amazing results. Spent like $250/month. And like $4500 total. I wanted a body like Randy Orton.
    Sorry to hear about your poor results. Let me assure you, that not all trainers are bad.

There is nothing "Master" about those master chain gym trainers. All the good trainers have their own business or work for a private training business. (Don't confuse this with all private trainers are good).

Here's a quick cheat sheet for when you hire your next personal trainer:
    1)At least a 4 year degree? If not they MUST have EXEMPLARY experience(working at a chain gym for 20 years may be experience, but it is not EXEMPLARY experience)
    2)Personal trainer certification from either a)ACSM b)NASM c)NSCA - this is crucial in avoiding the trainer who got his weekend cert online.
    3)Track record of success

The more questions you ask the better. A good trainer will never get defensive.

hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hhhhhhhhgddcv has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    Sorry to hear about your poor results. Let me assure you, that not all trainers are bad.

There is nothing "Master" about those master chain gym trainers. All the good trainers have their own business or work for a private training business. (Don't confuse this with all private trainers are good).

Here's a quick cheat sheet for when you hire your next personal trainer:
    1)At least a 4 year degree? If not they MUST have EXEMPLARY experience(working at a chain gym for 20 years may be experience, but it is not EXEMPLARY experience)
    2)Personal trainer certification from either a)ACSM b)NASM c)NSCA - this is crucial in avoiding the trainer who got his weekend cert online.
    3)Track record of success

The more questions you ask the better. A good trainer will never get defensive.
    The guy was NASM certified but his physique was bad

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    The guy was NASM certified but his physique was bad
    Being certified is just one criteria.

Certainly a personal trainer with a poor physique is akin to an obese cardiologist.

This doesn't mean the opposite is true though. Just because someone has a nice physique doesn't mean they are a good trainer.

Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    Being certified is just one criteria.

Certainly a personal trainer with a poor physique is akin to an obese cardiologist.

This doesn't mean the opposite is true though. Just because someone has a nice physique doesn't mean they are a good trainer.
    Also does being sikh punjabi hinder my progress?? Or we all can get the body we want?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Training isn't a magic pill that you just show up for and expect to get anywhere. Did you follow whatever program you had properly and consistently? Did you eat in order to make progress (obviously not).

I wouldn't say it wasn't worth it - I'd suggest that your effort probably meant you just wasted your money.

Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jcishere94 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Training isn't a magic pill that you just show up for and expect to get anywhere. Did you follow whatever program you had properly and consistently? Did you eat in order to make progress (obviously not).

I wouldn't say it wasn't worth it - I'd suggest that your effort probably meant you just wasted your money.
    Buddy u haven't even seen a pic of me. And ur saying it wasn't worth it..... The only bad thing I did was dieting but I got that fixed. Ur physique is prob worse than mine u 39 yr old hag. And of course I followed the programs that I had... Why else would I have a personal trainer!?

jburr1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unfortunately getting the body you want doesn't take just training. It takes lots of time, patience, sound nutrition as well as a healthy lifestyle (i.e., don't go and get hammered 2 or more nights a week. Try to get 8 hours of sleep, I know its hard. Sometimes I myself can only get 6 or 7 but when I can I get 8 or 9).

Keep at it, keep looking for the right trainer. Check out other gyms. Maybe the type of training they are doing isn't working for you. Have you looked into MMA training? What about taking free classes at the gym such as Spin?
    Personal Trainer, HFS Certified, B.S. Kinesiology

Business -- http://www.burrstrength.com
    Apparel --- http://apparel.burrstrength.com
    ******** - http://********.com/burrstrength
    IG --------- http://instagram.com/jburr91

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Jcishere94 View Post
    Buddy u haven't even seen a pic of me. And ur saying it wasn't worth it..... The only bad thing I did was dieting but I got that fixed. Ur physique is prob worse than mine u 39 yr old hag. And of course I followed the programs that I had... Why else would I have a personal trainer!?
    Diet is a huge part of your results and you obviously ignored that. Maybe your trainer didn't try to tell you to eat healthy but don't blame your trainer if you worked out but ate like crap and didn't get results. Too many people try to blame the trainer when they should really be mad at themselves.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The short answer is yes. Personal training is worth it.

I'm assuming the word 'it' refers to [time, money and energy].
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000) RUCKUS10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Always worth it if the trainer knows their ish and puts time into to teaching you correct form etc...

You pay for what you get, always remember that.
    Team 360CUT
    www.360Cut.com
    Http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/360cut.html

LIKE AND FOLLOW US
    ********: ********.com/360cut Twitter: @360cut Instagram: @360cut
    --
    PERSONAL TRAINER/COACH
    www.trainwithgmac.com
    ********: Gary GMac McClain Jr
    Instagram: trainwithgmac
    It's GO TIME!!! #CausinRuckus #SilentRage #TrainWithGmac

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A Personal trainer is worth it if the trainer helps you achieve your goals. Period.

You must have realistic goals. You don't have to kill yourself in the gym, either.

You should have had much better results than what you say.
    NASM-CPT

ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChessGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also does being sikh punjabi hinder my progress?? Or we all can get the body we want?
    Are you allowed to eat meat? Do you have any restrictions regarding diet?
    NASM-CPT

JSGymbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's really tough to get to the point where your training and diet are actually changing your body - or at least that's what I've found. I think it really takes about 18 months. If you're super dedicated right away, and are lucky with good genes, it can happen quickly.

But for most people it takes time to make eating properly and working out a habit...and once it's a habit (like as easy as brushing your teeth) you'll notice that you like the way you look and it doesn't even feel like effort! Until then, I think it really requires strong will power to eat well and make it to the gym consistently 3-4 times a week (and not just show up, but push yourself to have good workouts).

It's all about consistency over time!

JSGymbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also! When looking for a trainer...pay a lot of attention to online reviews. Trainers that help their clients make progress often are noticed and written about..I think that's as helpful as anything.