ElJoneso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol & Weight Loss

Hi,

I live in England where pretty much everything is a thinly veiled piss up.

Is any body struggling with this? I want to trim my final bits of fat from a big weight loss push,

Got from 17 stone to 13, only 5 foot 9.

I find it hard to live my life and not drink in my social circle, I'm single so feel the need to go out and drink to meet girls.

has anybody made this trade off? I seem to not lose any weight if I have a few drinks in a week, I seem to shed fat just by not drinking, but I end up spending a lot of time alone.

Thoughts............

PUT THE COOKIE DOWN. NOW. Colombini1X's Avatar
    Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colombini1X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking alcohol shouldn't be directly related to having a good time, if you go out with your friends and tell them of your intentions to avoid alcohol they should support that. Alcohol will ruin your fat loss prospects.

(Besides, getting shredded should pull more girls than the fact you have a drink in your hand)

Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chrislonde will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can drink alcohol and still loose weight. I do. Just don't drink too much, and account for it in your diet.
    Like let's say it's Friday night and you know you're gonna go out Make sure you put 250 calories of your daily goal of carbs. Like your dinner should have been chicken and rice? forego the rice and when you're at the pub, drink those calories in 2 or 3 glasses of wine instead. don't overdo it, don't start indulging in shots, don't pound a 6 pack of beers looking at a football game, and don't eat all the bar snacks lying around.
    You should be ok, as long as you still drink plenty of water and you account for the calories in alcohol.

Also, don't drink before a workout. Give yourself at least 12 hours between drinking and your workout just to be sure you will be fully rested and hydrated when you do. Otherwise you might not be able to push as hard.

It's also perfectly fine to go to a bar and get a bottle of water. If you're not comfortable enough telling people why, just say you're the designated driver or that you are feeling not so well from giving blood today or whatever you want that makes you look like a nice, thoughtfull man!

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you are serious about all this you need to cut it out completely, no need to do IIFYM or try to fit it in, massive waste of calories.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scots40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a poll and ask 100 women if they are more attracted to 6-pack abs or binge drinkers. That should give you your answer.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by karryjakson View Post
    I don't like alcohol..
    are you just going to make 50 useless posts so you can spam pictures?
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThySparticus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I see a lot of responses in here are pretty much saying that you shouldn't drink, and that your friends should understand that. Not that they're wrong, if you can do that then by all means go ahead, as its the simpler and better solution.

When you go out, try to stick to the hard liquor, and away from the fancy drinks, beers, and generally other stuff that has fluff calories in it. The day you do plan on drinking, up your cardio, and decrease your carbs before the drinking session (how much you do, depends on how much you plan on drinking). Next up depends on whether you plan to have that day as caloric deficit day, maintenance day, or a cheat day. That dictates how much you should be cutting beforehand, and what to expect afterwards.

I didn't use to drink a couple times a week, but I did use to get absolutely trashed one day a week. I made that my cheat day, and beforehand I'd simply do a mini fast, and make sure to get enough protein before I went out. When I did go out, I didn't worry too much about what I was intaking, just keep it reasonable. I found that because of my mini fast, my stomach was smaller so it could hold less food and liquor, also because I hadn't had a huge meal before, the alcohol would effect me sooner. Finally, after a week of nice and hard dieting it was nice to have a bit of a reward, and the 'whoosh' effect was nice the next day.

This worked well for me, but it might not be ideal for you. Some people have a problem with drinking before having a solid meal in them, others have problem with portion control and go a bit too crazy when they're out with their friends. Overall, there's always a medium in life. Have fun, but stay safe. Getting trashed with your friends is going to get tiring soon, plus when you can ride the buzz you'll have more fun enjoying liquor imo. Hopefully it helps.
    Start now, everyday you wait is a day you'll regret.

Cheers guys, think I'll just cut it out tbh it makes life so much easier.

Going out sober is tough though, it's so engrained, I live in Yorkshire.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ElJoneso View Post
    Cheers guys, think I'll just cut it out tbh it makes life so much easier.

Going out sober is tough though, it's so engrained, I live in Yorkshire.
    You can get used to it after a while if you want to.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Boxing/Wrestling Brah Rousinthehous's Avatar
    Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rousinthehous is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good choice cutting it out bro. Saves money and brings you closer to the real body 6-pack, heh. Good luck to you. Old habits die hard, but it feels good when they finally do.
    4 Month Cut Progress - Start: 188lbs 30%BF --> Current 149lbs 14%BF. [Finished]
    3 Month Bulk Progress - Start: 149lbs%14BF --> Current 157lbs 15%BF. [Currently Eating]
    Bench 205x5
    Deadlift 300x3
    Squat 225x5
    Ricer crew, living my life 20 second quarter miles at a time
    "Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" - Muhammad Ali.

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do. Your life is all about choices. If you choose that alcohol is more important to you than getting in shape, that is your choice to make. I personally disagree with it, and think that being in shape is more important than drinking alcohol, using tobacco, using drugs, etc. I don't need alcohol to have fun, and I do not drink at all.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) NYYstateofmind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in my expeirence it is impossible. i tend to binge drink and then binge eat. if you can control youreself i suppose you can IIFYM but youre better just cutting it out

Yeah, it's not worth it.

I was over in LA in April, noticed the difference in drinking culture, I will take all sorts of flack here but the greater the challenge the more reason to do it.

TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheLongRun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you can moderate, great. If you need to binge drink to enjoy it, then that's a problem.

I have a few drinks a few times per week. I account for it in my total calories/macros, and make sure the rest of my diet is nutrient dense.

Everything in moderation.